Konas

New Stuff Coming Out of the Wood Shop

1 minute ago, Barb Bliss said:

You guys haven't made any new dragon trays in quite a while.  Not that I need another one...

This is true. All of our long cut machine time is going for Valhalla Screens right now. We sold a ton of them. Literally. A ton. Our overall sales for Q4 were insane.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Konas said:

This is true. All of our long cut machine time is going for Valhalla Screens right now. We sold a ton of them. Literally. A ton. Our overall sales for Q4 were insane.

Sounds like you need to invest in another long cut machine...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Konas said:

Congratulations.  It's been amazing to watch you grow as a company - both in terms of size and skill.

• Like 3

Sounds like you need to invest in another long cut machine...

We are looking into it. We have 17 CNCs right now. Adding another shift next week which will help a ton. Running some production numbers all week long to find out if we need more. We are hiring about 5 to 7 more apprentices too, which will help a ton. Should be a great year of growth as far as production is concerned. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Thomas Browne said:

Congratulations.  It's been amazing to watch you grow as a company - both in terms of size and skill.

Thanks. Always trying to move forward, so its nice to hear that it is noticed.

20 minutes ago, Konas said:

I have been actually considering this. I probably wouldn't write about Ambrosia Maple though. We don't use it often enough. Any other suggestions?

I think all of @Barb Bliss's suggestions are reasonable - Black Limba, Boco, Paduak, Ziricote.

Spalted Tamarind would also be cool.

• Like 1

@Konas, You have a bug in your email.  Calling ambrosia maple spalted tamarand.  Must have been some MF trying to do too much too quickly.

• Like 1

Also - just a couple of notes on the email.

Email says the sentinel is "spalted tamarind" but site says it's Ambrosia Maple (which is what it looks like).

Also the email refers to the orange sentinel as "not sure what it's made of", but site says it's Curly maple.

Damn it @Barb Bliss!  

Edited by Thomas Browne
Ninja'd by barb
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Thomas Browne said:

Also - just a couple of notes on the email.

Email says the sentinel is "spalted tamarind" but site says it's Ambrosia Maple (which is what it looks like).

Also the email refers to the orange sentinel as "not sure what it's made of", but site says it's Curly maple.

Great minds edit alike.  😛

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Barb Bliss said:

image.png.40671701b2ec3b502204b9183e031885.png

It was actually Cameron. But, I did proof it and missed it as well. Alas....

• Like 1

@Konas, Will came over on Saturday morning and fixed my dining room table/chairs!  Turns out he only lives about 10 minutes from me.  The group at Jaemus' house is a little too big (testosterone filled too) for his girlfriend, but she likes to play games too.  So hopefully the can start coming to my house for games.  Anyhoo, he was impressed with my DMG stash.  I gave him the prototype dice tower (padauk dragon) for fixing my table.  Once we get more social, I'll ask him about the Ziricote scraps again.  I assume you never got hooked up with him???

1 minute ago, Konas said:

It was actually Cameron. But, I did proof it and missed it as well. Alas....

And then MF was rehired!

• Like 1

I came here for the same reason of the email being the wrong listing ;). Love that Ambrosia maple sentinel. Not the right configuration for me at this time. (Maybe some day when I get more fancy dice).

I really like the heartwood on the spalted tamarind, which is probably why I own one :).  If I needed another sheath, the Black Limba or the Rosewood would be very tempting.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Konas said:

I have been actually considering this. I probably wouldn't write about Ambrosia Maple though. We don't use it often enough. Any other suggestions?

I second or third the mention of Ziricote.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Barb Bliss said:

@Konas, Will came over on Saturday morning and fixed my dining room table/chairs!  Turns out he only lives about 10 minutes from me.  The group at Jaemus' house is a little too big (testosterone filled too) for his girlfriend, but she likes to play games too.  So hopefully the can start coming to my house for games.  Anyhoo, he was impressed with my DMG stash.  I gave him the prototype dice tower (padauk dragon) for fixing my table.  Once we get more social, I'll ask him about the Ziricote scraps again.  I assume you never got hooked up with him???

That's cool. Happy gaming hopefully. And no, I never got hooked up with him.

1 minute ago, WxCougar said:

I second or third the mention of Ziricote.

First screen is gone.  Ebony dragon/castle.

Edited by Barb Bliss
  • Like 1

There was another screen too, I think it was a spellbook that is also gone.

• Like 1

And another one.  I guess you do sell a ton of them.

• Like 1

Just now, WxCougar said:

There was another screen too, I think it was a spellbook that is also gone.

Jinx.  Cokes on you!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I swear every time I see a sentinel I want it’s always got the function I don’t need.  Sigh....  beautiful pieces as always but unfortunately not meant for this orange fellow.  

2 hours ago, Barb Bliss said:

Others might like Ziricote or Padauk.

I'd vote for Ziricote.  I would love to have more Ziricote tbh :)