Konas

New Stuff Coming Out of the Wood Shop

20 hours ago, Konas said:

@GhostChopper your Valhalla Screen is in process right now. In sanding. Shouldn't be long!

Sweet! I can’t wait to see it! It’s a Christmas present for my hubby ?

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Barb Bliss said:

Oooooh  The GESTALT DRACOLICH VALHALLA SCREEN + ACCESSORIES sold!  Someone has deep pockets!

I knew it would go eventually. It actually took a little longer than I thought.

Hope everyone had a great weekend. Mine was uneventful. Lindsey was in Vancouver for a con. I picked her up this morning bright and early. I did some mini painting. Cleaned. Ran.

1 minute ago, Konas said:

Hope everyone had a great weekend. Mine was uneventful. Lindsey was in Vancouver for a con. I picked her up this morning bright and early. I did some mini painting. Cleaned. Ran.

And of course watched MSU beat P$U.  Wow did that stadium get quiet quick.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Konas said:

What mini did you paint?

Mine was fun! Went to the renaissance fair Saturday, which was a blast. Re wired a knob and tube connection the previous owners missed. Then mostly ran a new line for some more kitchen plugs! Lost my phone down a wall. Took part of a wall apart. Found a mouse nest from 1994 in the inter floor space. Installed an outside fireplace. 

Good weekend!

1D010AF8-CE01-4D3D-A516-40DAAE34B30B.jpeg

• Like 1

Our weekend went good. Took our purple heart and ziricote sentinels to our pathfinder playtest game. Great dice carriers. However the dice hated me and for the first 2 combats I was the worst barbarian. 8 natural ones. 3 of them in the same round.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

4 hours ago, GhostChopper said:

What mini did you paint?

Mine was fun! Went to the renaissance fair Saturday, which was a blast. Re wired a knob and tube connection the previous owners missed. Then mostly ran a new line for some more kitchen plugs! Lost my phone down a wall. Took part of a wall apart. Found a mouse nest from 1994 in the inter floor space. Installed an outside fireplace. 

Good weekend!

I need a vacation just reading what you did over the weekend.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Barb Bliss said:

I need a vacation just reading what you did over the weekend.

Same. Clearly I need to step my weekend game up.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, GhostChopper said:

What mini did you paint?

Good weekend!

I am painting a boar mini from Reaper Bones. I finished it yesterday. Will take pics tonight and post, if I don't forget. Also working on a crazy ape from same line. We have a new mini working method. Kick out some Bones minis pretty quickly as a way to warm up for painting more expensive minis and to increase our collection for playing RPGs.

The mouse nest story made me think of an old tale from years ago. I was asleep and a mouse was making noise in the wall right by the light switch. It wouldn't stop squeaking no matter what I did. In my sleep deprived rage, I got out of bed and hit the wall. Not like a punch, just a light tap. It stopped making noise immediately. Fast forward about a week and my bedroom smelled like death. So much so that I ended up cutting a hole in the drywall about 2 x 1'. Found the mouse. He had been trapped between a wall joist and the switch box and was stuck so badly he couldn't escape and died there. He had squeezed into about a half inch separation. My hope is that my tap on the wall scared him so much that he passed because of it, ending his misery. At least, that is what I tell myself. It took me about a week to cut and patch and paint the drywall, a job that I have always despised. Those of you that have done drywall fixes know what I mean.

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Konas said:

I am painting a boar mini from Reaper Bones. I finished it yesterday. Will take pics tonight and post, if I don't forget. Also working on a crazy ape from same line. We have a new mini working method. Kick out some Bones minis pretty quickly as a way to warm up for painting more expensive minis and to increase our collection for playing RPGs.

The mouse nest story made me think of an old tale from years ago. I was asleep and a mouse was making noise in the wall right by the light switch. It wouldn't stop squeaking no matter what I did. In my sleep deprived rage, I got out of bed and hit the wall. Not like a punch, just a light tap. It stopped making noise immediately. Fast forward about a week and my bedroom smelled like death. So much so that I ended up cutting a hole in the drywall about 2 x 1'. Found the mouse. He had been trapped between a wall joist and the switch box and was stuck so badly he couldn't escape and died there. He had squeezed into about a half inch separation. My hope is that my tap on the wall scared him so much that he passed because of it, ending his misery. At least, that is what I tell myself. It took me about a week to cut and patch and paint the drywall, a job that I have always despised. Those of you that have done drywall fixes know what I mean.

My goodness.

19 hours ago, WxCougar said:

Our weekend went good. Took our purple heart and ziricote sentinels to our pathfinder playtest game. Great dice carriers. However the dice hated me and for the first 2 combats I was the worst barbarian. 8 natural ones. 3 of them in the same round.

Your rolls have nothing to do with our boxes! That is an amazingly bad set of die rolls. Epic.

Oh! And some new stock today!! A sculpted Bocote sheath and some more experimental UNICORN VOMIT, haha.

IMG_2373.JPG

IMG_2382.JPG

IMG_2384.JPG

IMG_2390.JPG

So, I can finally tell you all about one of the surprises we have been working on. We made an amazing GM Screen for the second season of We're Alive: Frontier on Geek and Sundry. It is a live edge Walnut 4 panel screen. 2 Of the panels rotate and have engraved panels that allow the GM to update info for the game. We are pretty pumped. Being on Geek and Sundry twice in a month is pretty special for us.

G&S.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

The backside is pretty cool as well. A built in dice tower. 2 small storage areas. And d6 magnets. It really was the first incarnation of the new Valhalla Screens.

GS2.jpg

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Konas said:

So, I can finally tell you all about one of the surprises we have been working on. We made an amazing GM Screen for the second season of We're Alive: Frontier on Geek and Sundry. It is a live edge Walnut 4 panel screen. 2 Of the panels rotate and have engraved panels that allow the GM to update info for the game. We are pretty pumped. Being on Geek and Sundry twice in a month is pretty special for us.

G&S.jpg

I was about to quote your message in the products at home thread and be like "hey its tuesday." 

Thats awesome and the screen looks great.

• Like 1

On ‎10‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 11:51 AM, GhostChopper said:

Sweet! I can’t wait to see it! It’s a Christmas present for my hubby ?

We are putting another Black Limba Dracolich today. It was supposed to be yours but I didn't like the grainwork as much. We made another for you that same day and it is in finishing now. Looks great!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Konas said:

We are putting another Black Limba Dracolich today. It was supposed to be yours but I didn't like the grainwork as much. We made another for you that same day and it is in finishing now. Looks great!

Khanas!!!!!!

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Konas said:

Yeah.. I see that.  I actually think the Walnut one looks better of the two. 

28 minutes ago, Barb Bliss said:

That unicorn vomit stain reminds me of someone taking a bunch of LSD and throwing up.

And I am still disappointed in that name.  As I said - who vomits up unicorns?  They're so tasty. ;)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Konas said:

Your rolls have nothing to do with our boxes! That is an amazingly bad set of die rolls. Epic.

I will attribute my later better luck to your boxes. ;). 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Konas said:

You’re awesome! Thanks! ?