Konas

New Stuff Coming Out of the Wood Shop

It's really pretty crazy looking back. XMas 2016, I was in the shop 7 days a week, 12 hour days, finishing everything. We were so busy and only 3 guys most of the time. It was Puzz, Cameron and I and some part time guys working 3 days a week maybe. We couldn't keep up at all. It was amazing and crazy and took a few years off my life no doubt. Its much different now. Now I am at the computer about 50% of my time. I still love working in the shop but have so much less time to do it. Every once in a while, I slap myself to remember how we started and to ensure that I keep the passion. Honestly, gaming often helps a ton. 

• Like 1

Well, clearly, I have had too many beers during our Friday meeting. I am becoming nostalgic...

1 minute ago, Konas said:

It's really pretty crazy looking back. XMas 2016, I was in the shop 7 days a week, 12 hour days, finishing everything. We were so busy and only 3 guys most of the time. It was Puzz, Cameron and I and some part time guys working 3 days a week maybe. We couldn't keep up at all. It was amazing and crazy and took a few years off my life no doubt. Its much different now. Now I am at the computer about 50% of my time. I still love working in the shop but have so much less time to do it. Every once in a while, I slap myself to remember how we started and to ensure that I keep the passion. Honestly, gaming often helps a ton. 

That is pretty crazy.  How many folks do you guys have now? Clearly more than 3 now.

3 minutes ago, WxCougar said:

That is pretty crazy.  How many folks do you guys have now? Clearly more than 3 now.

We vacillate between 15 and 20.

2 minutes ago, Konas said:

We vacillate between 15 and 20.

Also happen to be out of reactions - crazy what 2 years brings.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WxCougar said:

Also happen to be out of reactions - crazy what 2 years brings.

Component Collector really made a big difference to them.  Even if they are probably tired of seeing little square blanks of wood all around the shop by now :)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Thomas Browne said:

Component Collector really made a big difference to them.  Even if they are probably tired of seeing little square blanks of wood all around the shop by now :)

I remember seeing the kickstarter for it. I forget if I had bought my first dragon sheath from them before that or that was how I found DMG. We didn't participate mainly because we don't play the same games that often and didn't really have a need for the CoCo. I was sucked in with the Artifact Dice : ).

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, WxCougar said:

I remember seeing the kickstarter for it. I forget if I had bought my first dragon sheath from them before that or that was how I found DMG. We didn't participate mainly because we don't play the same games that often and didn't really have a need for the CoCo. I was sucked in with the Artifact Dice : ).

Well to give you an idea - their projects BEFORE Coco typically made between $30k and $60k with between 100 and 600 backers.

Coco exploded to over $320k with 2700+ backers.

Just now, Thomas Browne said:

Well to give you an idea - their projects BEFORE Coco typically made between $30k and $60k with between 100 and 600 backers.

Yeah I went back and looked at the older Kickstarters and was blown away by the support for the CoCo. That was pretty wild.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Thomas Browne said:

And that's just the number at the end of the campaign.  After pledgemanager, it was significantly higher.

Edited by Barb Bliss

Yeah, it was crazy. It ended with over 400k after the Pledge Manager. It will, still, make or break us. We under priced them by about $10 a unit. They are brutal to make, logisitics wise. We will persevere but it is a blessing and a curse. I will NEVER regret that project but I certainly feel the constant strain of it. We are dealing with it well now. Earlier this year, it was very tough. Now, we have settled in. 

Just now, Konas said:

Yeah, it was crazy. It ended with over 400k after the Pledge Manager. It will, still, make or break us. We under priced them by about $10 a unit. They are brutal to make, logisitics wise. We will persevere but it is a blessing and a curse. I will NEVER regret that project but I certainly feel the constant strain of it. We are dealing with it well now. Earlier this year, it was very tough. Now, we have settled in. 

How much longer until you're rid of that campaign.

1 minute ago, Konas said:

You'll get through it, I'm sure.  Most of the backers have every confidence in you.

After all - how many of them actually accepted your offer for a refund?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Konas said:

Settling in is good to hear.

All right everyone. I should be going. Got to take Sawdust for a run. 

On a side note, I really appreciate all of you that take the time to post here. It means the world to me to have so many fans taking time out of their daily lives to chat. It makes me smile every day.

Clearly, I have had enough beers to make me over emotional....

I shall leave you with this...

fired.png.798913e563b19110707e2551eabddc4a.png

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Barb Bliss said:

How much longer until you're rid of that campaign.

They're still in the mid-1000s of backers (like 1400-1500 I think).  So they probably have a ways to go still.

You'll get through it, I'm sure.  Most of the backers have every confidence in you.

After all - how many of them actually accepted your offer for a refund?

Not many at all. Maybe 2 or 3.

3 minutes ago, Konas said:

On a side note, I really appreciate all of you that take the time to post here. It means the world to me to have so many fans taking time out of their daily lives to chat. It makes me smile every day.

Clearly we're underachievers.

4 minutes ago, Konas said:

All right everyone. I should be going. Got to take Sawdust for a run. 

Clearly, I have had enough beers to make me over emotional....

I shall leave you with this...

fired.png.798913e563b19110707e2551eabddc4a.png

Have a great weekend! :)