Konas

New Stuff Coming Out of the Wood Shop

I don't remember where the Halloween decoration discussions were at, so I'm posting my witch picture here.

image.thumb.png.5f45f51abaa8fb4d74d56a3739fc8859.png

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Konas said:

@RomyCat Just wanted to let you know that your Valhalla Screen is getting worked on today. It will be cut to shape on the bandsaw, then magnets placed, then sanding. Finishing later this week!

Oooh, exciting! Can't wait to get it. And now you added Screen accessories. ?Might have to pick up that shelf later. Would be very useful, I foresee. 

@Barb Bliss, I was sorely tempted to get leopardwood. Almost did. After literally debating for hours (and driving my sister nuts),  I finally settled on Spellbook in Demon Blood. One reason because it was much cheaper, and another I was concerned that some wood grains would take away from the effect of the engravings. At one point I actually had rosewood written down. Took a lot of talking from Zenith to back me down from that option. I LOVE my rosewood mimic theme box, but rosewood is sooo expansive. 

I have a limited budget but also picked up a  Sentinel and Bat theme box. The Sentinel will also be in demon's blood.  I have been wanting an cool dice holder for many months and the Sentinel is perfect as it can hold 12 pairs of dice with the right combo of interiors. 

Edited by RomyCat
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, RomyCat said:

Oooh, exciting! Can't wait to get it. And now you added Screen accessories. ?Might have to pick up that shelf later. Would be very useful, I foresee. 

@Barb Bliss, I was sorely tempted to get leopardwood. Almost did. After literally debating for hours (and driving my sister nuts),  I finally settled on Spellbook in Demon Blood. One reason because it was much cheaper, and another I was concerned that some wood grains would take away from the effect of the engravings. At one point I actually had rosewood written down. Took a lot of talking from Zenith to back me down from that option. I LOVE my rosewood mimic theme box, but rosewood is sooo expansive. 

I have a limited budget but also picked up a  Sentinel and Bat theme box. The Sentinel will also be in demon's blood.  I have been wanting an cool dice holder for a many months and the Sentinel is perfect as it can hold 12 pairs of dice with the right combo of interiors. 

Nice!

20 hours ago, Barb Bliss said:

Anyone we know get it?

It was a non-Underdog. No one familiar to me by name.

How is everyone doing today? Things are going well here. It has been an interesting week and a half without Puzz but our new Director of Production is crushing it. He's pretty slammed but handling it well. Once he gets his feet under him, I will introduce him to you all here. 

1 minute ago, Konas said:

How is everyone doing today? Things are going well here. It has been an interesting week and a half without Puzz but our new Director of Production is crushing it. He's pretty slammed but handling it well. Once he gets his feet under him, I will introduce him to you all here. 

Why is it when it's a bank holiday, the forums are very active, but when I'm looking for diversion, it's dead as a door nail here?

Good luck to the new guy!  Promotion or new guy all together?

2 minutes ago, Barb Bliss said:

Why is it when it's a bank holiday, the forums are very active, but when I'm looking for diversion, it's dead as a door nail here?

Scott was one of our awesome team leads. You met him when you visited. He was the one drunk on Bison Grass.

Oh, wait. That doesn't really narrow it down, does it?

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Barb Bliss said:

Because everyone else is on holiday too and has nothing better to do than hang around here.

Then we all have to go back to work as well.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Konas said:

Scott was one of our awesome team leads. You met him when you visited. He was the one drunk on Bison Grass.

Oh, wait. That doesn't really narrow it down, does it?

I remember Scott!

• Like 1

Sigh  - new drops apparently - including some sentinels that are finally in one of the configurations I'd be thinking of.

Must have willpower!!

Not to mention some pretty slimline sheaths

Edited by Thomas Browne
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Thomas Browne said:

Sigh  - new drops apparently - including some sentinels that are finally in one of the configurations I'd be thinking of.

Must have willpower!!

Not to mention some pretty slimline sheaths

We have more coming tomorrow as well, including a stunning Bocote. Super dark and evil. We are ramping up our in stock production for the holidays so there will be a ton going up over the next month. Including a live edge Valhalla Screen tomorrow....

Loooottttsss of slimlines, some Sentinels, some Skirmish Boxes, and some Sentinels!

IMG_2136.JPG

IMG_2140.JPG

IMG_2156.JPG

IMG_2173.JPG

IMG_2175.JPG

IMG_2184.JPG

2 minutes ago, WxCougar said:

The claro walnut is really pretty!

That's definitely one of the ones I like.  The caramels are pretty too.

7 minutes ago, Konas said:

We have more coming tomorrow as well, including a stunning Bocote. Super dark and evil. We are ramping up our in stock production for the holidays so there will be a ton going up over the next month. Including a live edge Valhalla Screen tomorrow....

Damn it @Konas!  Why do you do this to me?!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Thomas Browne said:

To be clear, I am not purposefully setting out to rid you, specifically, of your hard earned funds. I am just coming up with ideas. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Thomas Browne said:

BTW, hit me up tomorrow if I don't send you a message first. I will have a mock up for you tomorrow that we need to discuss. It's been crazy here this week but I want to hear your thoughts on what we have done so far.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Konas said:

BTW, hit me up tomorrow if I don't send you a message first. I will have a mock up for you tomorrow that we need to discuss. It's been crazy here this week but I want to hear your thoughts on what we have done so far.

No problem, and no hurry.  I figured as much, which is why I didn't ping you earlier on it.

Looking forward to seeing what you've got.. you all never disappoint.

My complaining is only because I want all the things!!

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Konas said:

smh

Some new stuff coming out later today. We are quite pleased. The Bocote Sentinel is brutally gorgeous.

IMG_2228.JPG

IMG_2229.JPG

IMG_2208.JPG

IMG_2210.JPG

IMG_2213.JPG

IMG_2216.JPG

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Konas said:

Some new stuff coming out later today. We are quite pleased. The Bocote Sentinel is brutally gorgeous.

IMG_2228.JPG

IMG_2229.JPG

IMG_2208.JPG

IMG_2210.JPG

IMG_2213.JPG

IMG_2216.JPG

Wow for that Yagg* screen.  Too bad the trees in the background aren't highlighted a little.  The boco is really nice, but I'll be happy with my birds eye boco.  Speaking of which, any eta on my box getting sent back with the repair job?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Konas said:

IMG_2228.JPG

IMG_2229.JPG

IMG_2208.JPG

IMG_2210.JPG

IMG_2213.JPG

IMG_2216.JPG

What's the top interior on the bocote?

Both screens are lovely, although I probably favor the live edge.

Yggdrasil=Walnut, Birch and Mahogony??

1 minute ago, Barb Bliss said:

Wow for that Yagg* screen.  Too bad the trees in the background aren't highlighted a little.  The boco is really nice, but I'll be happy with my birds eye boco.  Speaking of which, any eta on my box getting sent back with the repair job?

Scott is on it. Shouldn't be long. I will ask him about it later today.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Thomas Browne said:

What's the top interior on the bocote?

Both screens are lovely, although I probably favor the live edge.

Yggdrasil=Walnut, Birch and Mahogony??

Card Double.

Yes, good wood ID. So proud of all of you so often!