15 hours ago, Zenithsplendor said:

Roll Player

In Roll Player you create a character as if you are going to use them in D&D or Pathfinder after the game. Each player board has a race (there are many to choose from) where you add things such as alliance and backstory. You build up their strength, dexterity, wisdom, etc throughout the game. You also purchase items for them such a weapons, armor, scrolls, etc.  If you play with the expansion Monsters & Minions you get to use your new abilities and items to fight minions throughout the game and receive experiences. Once your character is fully built you face the Boss (with Monsters & Minions) so I hope you built a strong Hero. I have never played this game without Monsters & Minions, and I am not sure I would like it that much without it. To me a large part of the fun is fighting the badies. When playing solo I kind of forget the only goal is to get a high score because I have so much fun creating a Hero and killing minions that I don't really think about the end score.  I recommend this game if you are also going to purchase Monsters & Minions at the same time.

1867125670_RollPlayer.thumb.jpg.318de41c570236fbd78d71028fca3862.jpg1919630807_RollPlayer2.thumb.jpg.1dc023f59ee786132e142e8c1b740ace.jpg

I love this game. I haven't played it solo yet, but its great as a two player. The expansion really adds to the game. I've never played it without the expansion either. I like that you trying to make a powerful character to tackle the boss.

I haven't done any solo play but am waiting on the unbroken Kickstarter to arrive. I have been looking into more and more solo as getting a change to play with others is becoming harder and harder. One deck dungeon is one I want to pick up everytime I see it at the store but waiting for funds before I can do that.

10 hours ago, marsniper_27 said:

I haven't done any solo play but am waiting on the unbroken Kickstarter to arrive. I have been looking into more and more solo as getting a change to play with others is becoming harder and harder. One deck dungeon is one I want to pick up everytime I see it at the store but waiting for funds before I can do that.

I have several games that I can't get people to play with me anymore because I always win.  Curses!  Unfortunately the solo for some of these games are kind of lame.  I'm looking forward to Unbroken as it looks pretty immersive.

I occasionally go through bursts of solo gaming, either just to spend some time away from a screen or to try out new games. Some of my favorites to solo are:

Zombicide - This is a "pick your flavor" kind of game, but I enjoy Black Plague/Green Horde. It takes up a ton of table space, and many of the missions are designed with higher survivor counts, so you have to be okay with controlling up to 6 characters with their own abilities, inventory, and tracker boards. If I'm down for a long solo game with minis and randomness of dice, I'll pull this one out.

The Manhattan Project: Chain Reaction - While the standard rules have players aiming for a certain number of points to end the game, the solo option is more of a high score race against yourself. The objective is to build as many atomic bombs in only one play through of the deck. Several of the cards have different rules for solo mode, but these are printed on the cards themselves, so there's not a ton of referencing the rules over and over to make sure you're doing the right thing in solo. I've enjoyed tracking my score each play and seeing if I can beat it (or at least match a particularly high one). This is an inexpensive game and plays pretty quickly solo, so its easy to get in more than one game if you enjoy it.

Black Orchestra - This is one I picked up just a couple of months ago, but I've played it several times solo already. The ultimate goal is to carry out a plot to remove Hitler from power within Nazi Germany either before or during World War 2. This involves forming a plot, gathering the items or intelligence needed, and then meeting the requirements to carry out the plot. It's a tense game with a heavy theme, but there's quite a sense of accomplishment when you finally win.

Duel in the Dark - I'm not sure how available this one is, but it's a fun game of a British bomber heading to a target within German-occupied Europe. In solo, many of the advanced rules are stripped out, so it's pretty light.

I'm sure there are others I'm forgetting, but these are always fun!