15 hours ago, Zenithsplendor said:

Roll Player

In Roll Player you create a character as if you are going to use them in D&D or Pathfinder after the game. Each player board has a race (there are many to choose from) where you add things such as alliance and backstory. You build up their strength, dexterity, wisdom, etc throughout the game. You also purchase items for them such a weapons, armor, scrolls, etc.  If you play with the expansion Monsters & Minions you get to use your new abilities and items to fight minions throughout the game and receive experiences. Once your character is fully built you face the Boss (with Monsters & Minions) so I hope you built a strong Hero. I have never played this game without Monsters & Minions, and I am not sure I would like it that much without it. To me a large part of the fun is fighting the badies. When playing solo I kind of forget the only goal is to get a high score because I have so much fun creating a Hero and killing minions that I don't really think about the end score.  I recommend this game if you are also going to purchase Monsters & Minions at the same time.

1867125670_RollPlayer.thumb.jpg.318de41c570236fbd78d71028fca3862.jpg1919630807_RollPlayer2.thumb.jpg.1dc023f59ee786132e142e8c1b740ace.jpg

I love this game. I haven't played it solo yet, but its great as a two player. The expansion really adds to the game. I've never played it without the expansion either. I like that you trying to make a powerful character to tackle the boss.

I haven't done any solo play but am waiting on the unbroken Kickstarter to arrive. I have been looking into more and more solo as getting a change to play with others is becoming harder and harder. One deck dungeon is one I want to pick up everytime I see it at the store but waiting for funds before I can do that.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, marsniper_27 said:

I haven't done any solo play but am waiting on the unbroken Kickstarter to arrive. I have been looking into more and more solo as getting a change to play with others is becoming harder and harder. One deck dungeon is one I want to pick up everytime I see it at the store but waiting for funds before I can do that.

I have several games that I can't get people to play with me anymore because I always win.  Curses!  Unfortunately the solo for some of these games are kind of lame.  I'm looking forward to Unbroken as it looks pretty immersive.

• Like 1