1 hour ago, Barb Bliss said:

I ordered another boxthrone tower for the same reason.  LOL.  I think I need to give some games away again.

I just bought some ikea Kallax shelves to shelve more games :) 

23 hours ago, Barb Bliss said:

I ordered another boxthrone tower for the same reason.  LOL.  I think I need to give some games away again.

I want to order another boxthrone too. Mine is full and so are most of my normal shelves. How do I keep running out of room?

9 hours ago, RomyCat said:

I want to order another boxthrone too. Mine is full and so are most of my normal shelves. How do I keep running out of room?

I have the same problem, but ding dong.  My new tower has arrived.

6 minutes ago, Serge Darveau said:

Some of the game I've to play one day.. here 13 of 23 are written on the boards.

I got several of those kicking around too.

7 minutes ago, Barb Bliss said:

I got several of those kicking around too.

I need players for some games, not all have a solo mode. That's why I'vew created a facebook gaming page. It's growing up 102 likes, but a lot of designers, publishers, reviewers... and this fall I will go to some youth centers for a game's day. :) 

14 hours ago, Serge Darveau said:

I need players for some games, not all have a solo mode. That's why I'vew created a facebook gaming page. It's growing up 102 likes, but a lot of designers, publishers, reviewers... and this fall I will go to some youth centers for a game's day. :) 

There is a place around here that is set up with a bunch of tables, a rack or several of donated games, coffee bar, snack bar.  No charge to get in.  They make their money by selling coffee/snacks.  Great place to go to play a game if no one else is available.

On 7/22/2019 at 1:36 PM, Serge Darveau said:

Adding felt letter boards for my shelf of shame. :) 

tableau.jpg.361623663c45d7fc027a5012c12fd638.jpg

I own 3 of those on your Shelf of Shame: Founders of Gloomhaven, Rise of Tribes, and Dinogenics.

I have played all of them. Founders of Gloomhaven is fun in the beginning, but both my sister and I get confused and frustrated when building 3 tier buildings. You have to backtrack through 2 other layers of buildings to figure out how to properly split the points for the Tier 3 buildings, which often leads to math debates. While I love the concept of the game, I just wished it was easier to figure out the math part. We could handle the Tier 2 math ok, just its too much for Tier 3.

Dinogenics I played twice. Liked it. But my sister added Dinosaur Island to our 10x10 challenge this year, so when we play a dinosaur theme game, Dinogeics is overlooked for now. So much so, that I passed on buying its expansion. I do plan to get back to playing Dinogenics, but we have to complete the DI 10 plays first.

Rise of Tribes I love. Another game on our 10x10 Challenge. Its been very successful when I take it to Gaming Meetups. I think I need to only play it 2 more times this year to finish its part in the challenge.

I won't admit how many games on on my own shelf...but it has been growing lately with new Kickstarters coming in.

10 hours ago, RomyCat said:

I own 3 of those on your Shelf of Shame: Founders of Gloomhaven, Rise of Tribes, and Dinogenics.

Rise of Tribes isn't on the lists of the blackboards :) 

Our game room is our dining room... and also happens to be our shrine to geekdom in general (I'm a big reader).  We've added more since, but this was when we first got everything finished. 

Dining Room - Resized.jpg

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Cheeky2theGeeky said:

Our game room is our dining room... and also happens to be our shrine to geekdom in general (I'm a big reader).  We've added more since, but this was when we first got everything finished. 

Dining Room - Resized.jpg

That's a very nice game room/dining room.  I have a similar setup.  I have box throne shelves (waiting for my top caps in wave 4), and an old lady crystal chandelier.  It looks a little cluttered, what with all my DMG gear.  😍

Edited by Barb Bliss

49 minutes ago, Barb Bliss said:

That's a very nice game room/dining room.  I have a simiar setup.  I have box throne shelves (waiting for my top caps in wave 4), and an old lady crystal chandelier.  It looks a little cluttered, what with all my DMG gear.  😍

If it's so cluttered - you should just send that walnut deck jacket along so it's out of the way :D

26 minutes ago, Thomas Browne said:

If it's so cluttered - you should just send that walnut deck jacket along so it's out of the way :D

LOL.  Maybe we could work a trade.  😃

8 minutes ago, Barb Bliss said:

LOL.  Maybe we could work a trade.  😃

Hey - I'm just trying to help out a fellow underdog is all!

Our game room is no where near that organized. Some day I will take pictures but it might be scary lol.

21 hours ago, WxCougar said:

Our game room is no where near that organized. Some day I will take pictures but it might be scary lol.

That sounds like my office.