I thought people might like to share pics of what there home game room looks like, and to display their collections.  Or perhaps those of you who already have Dog Might productions would care to show their creations in action at game night. 

Sadly, my setup is a single shelf of games (though I got some BitBoxes that are holding a significant portion of my collection, perfect for a small apartment).  This is a picture of a portion of it, I have a bunch more.  In my next post, however, you'll see what I'm truly proud of.

IMG_1850.jpg

Edited by TheAuthorOfOZ
  • Like 2

Meet Teridan Cerydian, Master of Games and Entertainment!

I play in a boffer medieval fantasy LARP (Live Action RolePlaying game).  I decided that rather then make a heroic hero of heroism, I was going to essentially create a town personality character.  In most RPG video games these days, like Fable or The Witcher, there is a unique minigame to that world for the player to play or gamble in.  As an avid board gamer, I decided to create just that.  Someone usually has a chess board or a deck of standard playing cards at a LARP.  I wanted to bring something truly unique, and insert some of our favorite games into a fantasy world as if they belonged there.

This is the setup I am really proud of.  All of the games i bring to LARP are either made of wood, or can pass as "close enough" to an authentic material.  My criteria is that 1) Can be played in 20 minutes or less, 2) I can teach in 5 minutes or less, and 3) aesthetically fit in our world.  I have brought this character to 2 LARPs and 1 Dagorhir event, and everyone who has seen it goes "this is the most unique idea I've seen in years, and we WANT IT."

As you can see, the reason I backed the CoCos (and now a Dice Sleeve) is because it enhances my LARP setup, making it even more amazing then it already is.

IMG_0256.thumb.jpg.6d0e14e48d67298a4e49fb6f7b83ab03.jpgIMG_2790.thumb.jpg.b93c5cd1739f82f7b98d6084552c8e27.jpgteridangames.thumb.jpg.57597d9423efb886d839728aa628849f.jpgIMG_2603.thumb.jpg.95de6b6a8390bf6cc76ffe6df2a850b6.jpg

• Like 3

Thanks, there's about 4000 tiles of the game. Making fan-made expansions and also I've created some. I've played a game using 3565 tiles, no more room to play.

Edited by Serge Darveau
  • Like 2

On ‎9‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 11:01 AM, TheAuthorOfOZ said:

I thought people might like to share pics of what there home game room looks like, and to display their collections.  Or perhaps those of you who already have Dog Might productions would care to show their creations in action at game night. 

Sadly, my setup is a single shelf of games (though I got some BitBoxes that are holding a significant portion of my collection, perfect for a small apartment).  This is a picture of a portion of it, I have a bunch more.  In my next post, however, you'll see what I'm truly proud of.

IMG_1850.jpg

That Towers of Ruin Game looks really cool. I'll have to look it up. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lindsey said:

That Towers of Ruin Game looks really cool. I'll have to look it up. 

Towers of Ruin isn't the name of the game.  It's Thunderstone: Advance, a remake of the original Thunderstone.  Towers of Ruin is basically a subtitle, and there are expansions with similar names.  It's a deckbuilder, and pretty cool.

• Like 2

My humble collection. The positive side to this is...there's empty spaces on the shelves!

GameShelves.jpg

• Like 2

On ‎9‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 12:20 PM, Adam said:

My humble collection. The positive side to this is...there's empty spaces on the shelves!

GameShelves.jpg

What do you think of Abyss? I always wanted to try it out, especially after seeing the expansion come out.

1 hour ago, Konas said:

What do you think of Abyss?

I like it. My multi player sessions are few and far between, so I don't get to play it as much as I would like, but when I do, I always have a lot of fun. It's easy to teach and easy for just about anyone to pick up. For a set collection, hand management type game, it really works well with the theme I think. I also like the push your luck aspect to it too. The artwork is amazing which also helps. It plays fine with two players, but if you can get more than two, it ups the strategy level I think.

13 hours ago, RomyCat said:

Is that commercial placement that I see? :ph34r:  

Well accidental commercial placement haha. More like us not cleaning up after our meetings. 

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, yatescory said:

My sanctuary...

Very nice.  You are way more organized than I am.  I took about 10 games to Jameus' house last Saturday for his library, so my shelf has a little room to breathe.  At least for the next month or so.  My game shelf is shoehorned into my little office.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Serge Darveau said:

Where you put your werelwolf coins :D

They are at school with my third graders! They love to play werewolf! Of course I have to keep some of the coins out of the game otherwise I'd probably get fired.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Barb Bliss said:

Very nice.  You are way more organized than I am.  I took about 10 games to Jameus' house last Saturday for his library, so my shelf has a little room to breathe.  At least for the next month or so.  My game shelf is shoehorned into my little office.

Yeah I'm sort of an organization freak. All of my games are sleeved and premium sleeves and I have tons of little Plano boxes and holders right now. I'm sure you can understand why I went goo goo over the component collectors. But one thing I've been doing recently if you didn't notice in the pictures is displaying the cover art on the games more. It's really a shame more people don't do this on their shelves. They're just so many really amazing board game covers why not show them off?

Edited by yatescory
  • Like 1