Sign in to follow this  
Barb Bliss

How to Take Care of My DMG Gear???

A new DMG stein is on its way to me.  Any special care instructions for using/washing the stein.  I'm pretty sure the dishwasher is out of the picture, but what about hot vs cold beverages?  Acidic beverages OK?  Inquiring minds want to know.

This would be a good place for other instructions like for the cutting boards or cleaning up sculpts or maintenance for the coffee tables.

• Like 1

I am very interested in how well the steins hold up to different beverages and multiple uses.  They are super cool and I expect some character to show over time but I think this is a great thread to get some guidance. 

On ‎6‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 10:27 AM, Barb Bliss said:

A new DMG stein is on its way to me.  Any special care instructions for using/washing the stein.  I'm pretty sure the dishwasher is out of the picture, but what about hot vs cold beverages?  Acidic beverages OK?  Inquiring minds want to know.

This would be a good place for other instructions like for the cutting boards or cleaning up sculpts or maintenance for the coffee tables.

Good thread. As far as the steins go, we have tested them with hot and cold beverages and they hold up well. Acidic bevs are fine as well. I would hand wash, no dishwasher. We test them all for leaks and have only one issue so far. Over time, they will become richer and warmer. As with all of our woods, except cherry, I would keep them out of direct sunlight.

• Like 1