Sign in to follow this  
SeeSome

Woodworking

After falling in love with all of the beautiful wooden gaming accessories coming out these days (from Dog Might in particular, but also from other talented companies like Wyrmwood Gaming and Elderwood Academy), I've just signed up for an 8-week Intro to Woodworking class at my local adult ed center (in Cambridge, MA) so I can create one of these nifty items for myself.  The class I'm taking guides us through constructing a lidded cherry & walnut box, which I may then line with felt to turn it into a dice chest of my own.  The class runs through November and I'll post my finished project here after I'm done.

image.png.065ee2f2643bdd8a79156dd91cb21059.png

• Like 3

Very pumped to see the work you do. I only ever have one piece of advice for people getting into woodworking...please, have a healthy respect for tablesaws.

• Like 1

I had a 5th grade teacher that cut into his leg accidentally with a  circular saw sometime prior to me being in his class. He used to freak kids out by sticking pins into his thigh where the nerves had died from the injury.

On a related note to SeeSome, I have a friend that recently turned a hobby in woodworking into his own business doing small scale projects for people. I'll have to post a couple of his creations, they are pretty neat. He did a full-on gaming table similar to the Ultimate Gaming Tables on kickstarter right now a couple of years ago for a friend, he's built some cool chessboards and cutting boards too.

@Ian Coyle Very nice work. We all have made cutting boards and chess boards as well. My pride and joy is my coffee table made out of Kentucky Coffee Tree wood. Also, has a built in bottle opener.

Ian, your work look awesome. I have learned working with wood can be fun too, though my project is not is not beautiful like yours. 

5 hours ago, RomyCat said:

Ian, your work look awesome. I have learned working with wood can be fun too, though my project is not is not beautiful like yours. 

I wish I were that talented. Those were done by a friend of mine