RomyCat

Kickstarter games you are waiting on

My Luxor box showed up.  It took me an entire day to add the "Queenie #1-4" and "Queenie exclusive" which added some more to the expansions, and get the rule book updated to remove the stuff that was upgraded, and add stuff that was added via the "queenies".  By then I had no desire to leave my house and go play games that evening.  I haven't had the desire to add the "queenies" to Pioneers yet.

Tiny Epic Zombies showed up today.  Or sometime this weekend.  We had our mail on hold while we were at Reapercon and it was in the pile of schtuff waiting when we got home from work today.

On 8/28/2018 at 10:51 AM, Serge Darveau said:

1925604540_StarRealms-HeroRealms.jpg.b2d5e05c26d80c938cbe6a95cf34dcdd.jpg

I see you went all out. I got to play Star Realms Frontier over the weekend. My sister and I enjoyed it. Played 4 games. The first two were vs. and I loved building up my deck while trying to destroy my sister. Won a game and lost a game. Then we decided to play cooperative to take out a boss. We choose what we thought was the weakest one because he started with only 25 health per player. Turns out, he was extremely powerful and clobbered us mercilessly until we were both destroyed. So we next tried the first boss mentioned in the directions, guessing that the easiest came first. This time we fared much better. Like us, the boss slowly gains in better attacks, giving us a chance to get stronger. In the end the boss and us were hitting each other with 15 plus attacks. We won, but it was close. Lots of fun. 

• Like 1

On 9/3/2018 at 2:42 PM, Serge Darveau said:

September and october look very cool  :):) 

ks6.thumb.jpg.9b09f20c501cae72ad2e7b51f212a96a.jpg

Still receiced nothihg in september, the postman will be busy for the next 6 weeks lol, 20 ks should be coming home :) 

49 minutes ago, Thomas Browne said:

Not a game - but received my massive Paladin Sleeves order yesterday.  Time to start sleeving all of KD:M!

Mine arrive tomorrow afternoon.  I will be away at bowling, and it 80% chance of storms after work.  I hope the bags are water tight.  ?

2 minutes ago, Barb Bliss said:

Mine arrive tomorrow afternoon.  I will be away at bowling, and it 80% chance of storms after work.  I hope the bags are water tight.  ?

Well it was raining here yesterday.  UPS did put the two boxes in a bag.. there was still some water mark on the box - but all of the sleeves were perfectly fine.

I don't know how long they were really out there in the rain though.

I started re-sleeving Sentinels with these - and I'll say that I like them.  Thin enough to be easy to sleeve, but still feel strong and durable (unlike 'penny sleeves').

5 minutes ago, Thomas Browne said:

Well it was raining here yesterday.  UPS did put the two boxes in a bag.. there was still some water mark on the box - but all of the sleeves were perfectly fine.

I don't know how long they were really out there in the rain though.

I started re-sleeving Sentinels with these - and I'll say that I like them.  Thin enough to be easy to sleeve, but still feel strong and durable (unlike 'penny sleeves').

I've been going to the 125% thickness sleeves.  It's way better for handling the cards, but it's also screwed up storage of said cards.

I don't know what you mean about 125% thickness.

I've normally used 'premium' sleeves which are pretty decent.  The Paladin sleeves are definitely thinner, but still feel strong.

I've tried dragon shield sleeves, but they just feel too thick for me.  I don't like them.  And yeah - they especially screw up storage.

As it is - it's a snug fit to fit Sentinels in the Collectors box with the sleeves.  I wouldn't want to try and do it with thicker sleeves.

3 minutes ago, Thomas Browne said:

I don't know what you mean about 125% thickness.

I've normally used 'premium' sleeves which are pretty decent.  The Paladin sleeves are definitely thinner, but still feel strong.

I've tried dragon shield sleeves, but they just feel too thick for me.  I don't like them.  And yeah - they especially screw up storage.

As it is - it's a snug fit to fit Sentinels in the Collectors box with the sleeves.  I wouldn't want to try and do it with thicker sleeves.

Mayday Games Premium Card Sleeves.  "125% Thicker"

25 minutes ago, Barb Bliss said:

Mayday Games Premium Card Sleeves.  "125% Thicker"

Ok - that's what I figured you meant.  I've used those.. although Fantasy Flight premiums have been my go to lately (just because I've been able to get them more easily).

But as I said, so far, I'm liking the Paladin sleeves.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Thomas Browne said:

Ok - that's what I figured you meant.  I've used those.. although Fantasy Flight premiums have been my go to lately (just because I've been able to get them more easily).

But as I said, so far, I'm liking the Paladin sleeves.

My Paladin box also arrived.  I poked around to make sure it looks like my entire order.  Then I shuddered, shook my head, and closed the box!  (I got enough to sleeve all of KDM, all old expansions and new, plus Gloomhaven, plus some generic spares).

Edited by Zoxe

Just now, Zoxe said:

Mine arrived.  I poked around to make sure it looks like my entire order.  Then I shuddered, shook my head, and closed the box!  (I got enough to sleeve all of KDM, all old expansions and new, plus Gloomhaven, plus some generic spares).

Grab yourself a favorite beverage, turn on the TV, and zen it out.

Village Attacks and Paladin sleeves are do to arrive in a 3 hour window where I'm gone 3:45-6:45.  ?

Collective fingers crossed that the cardboard is heavy enough and/or there is a window of no rain.

image.png.462f02d5e63316f09a48110cb4a80959.png

Here is my September update for Kickstarter games I am waiting on. 

Backed this year - 2018
Tiny Epic Mechs
Microbrew
The Ancient World (2nd printing)
Bargain Quest
Incoming Transmission
Atlantis Island of Gods
Snowdonia
Tang Garden
Black Sonata
Neta-Tanka
Christmas Lights Card Game
Goblivion
Skull Tales: Full Sail!
5-Minute Dungeon: Curses! Foiled Again!
Kodama Duo
Sprawlopolis (shipping)
Kitchen Rush - Piece of Cake
Dinosaur Island: Back from Extinction
Crypt
Xia: Missions and Powers
Countdown: Action edition

Waiting on from 2017:
Dinogenics: Dinosaur Park Management
Book of Dragons
7th Continent expansions (got the base already, waiting on 2nd wave)
Deep Space D-6 (shipping)
Quodd Heroes

Waiting on from 2016:
Whelps to Wyrms

10 hours ago, Barb Bliss said:

Village Attacks and Paladin sleeves are do to arrive in a 3 hour window where I'm gone 3:45-6:45.  ?

Collective fingers crossed that the cardboard is heavy enough and/or there is a window of no rain.

image.png.462f02d5e63316f09a48110cb4a80959.png

I came home to a soggy box.  The top had sagged in and a puddle was sitting there.  smh.  The outer box was so saggy, it was hard to pickup and bring into the house, but the boxes inside were ok as they were plastic wrapped, The art book is a little damp.  Why they didn't plastic wrap that, I'll never know.  I put a heavy stock pot on it in hopes the pages don't curl as it dries out.

Edited by Barb Bliss
  • Sad 2

34 minutes ago, RomyCat said:

I have a carport. Deliveries are just placed by my door so I’ve had no issues so far 

It took me 2 years to convince UPS to put my packages under the porch on the north side of our house.  Still can't get Fedex to do the same.... They take the short route to the "back door" which has no porch.

1 hour ago, WxCougar said:

It took me 2 years to convince UPS to put my packages under the porch on the north side of our house.  Still can't get Fedex to do the same.... They take the short route to the "back door" which has no porch.

The Fedex can't even push the door bell even though it's right there and a big note asks him to.