Jump to content
RomyCat

Kickstarter games you are waiting on

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, yatescory said:

Ugh!!!  Whoa!  That sucks!!!!  I really hope this isn't a common problem.  Did you order one if each?

I only ordered gugong.  My guess is the wrong box got my shipping label.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/2/2019 at 1:25 PM, Barb Bliss said:

Ding Dong!  I got a box for Nemesis, but only the core box showed up.  I had pledged all in.  I hope this doesn't take too long to clear up.

Edit: Apparently that's how they work.  Get the core box out, then work on the expansions.  I wonder how long that will take.

Whelp as a Lords of Hellas backer (same company) I can share my experience.

i chose wave 2 only shipping.

We were told wave 1 ships October 2017 and wave 2 April 2018

wave 1 shipped March 2018

im still waiting on wave 2 as I pass retailers selling the game left and right.

since it’s the same company and nemesis came after....I’m guessing you have a while to go.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The 7th Continent Wave 2 got pushed back again to May now. Gives me more time to finish those last two curses in the base game. Curse 3 has my sister and I stumped. We have searched most of the known main island and little islands looking for one object and can't find it.  My have to use a walk though guide to find where it is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/5/2019 at 5:31 PM, Barb Bliss said:

I only ordered gugong.  My guess is the wrong box got my shipping label.

So what's gonna happen?  Have you heard back.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, yatescory said:

So what's gonna happen?  Have you heard back.  

I went to their website and filled out a contact form.  It basically said they'd get back to me before 8 days elapsed.  I told them they had 2 weeks and then I'm selling the games on ebay, and  call it a day.  As the double game is the same price as gugong, and the other is 5 pounds less, I think I'll make some money even selling at a discount.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Barb Bliss said:

I went to their website and filled out a contact form.  It basically said they'd get back to me before 8 days elapsed.  I told them they had 2 weeks and then I'm selling the games on ebay, and  call it a day.  As the double game is the same price as gugong, and the other is 5 pounds less, I think I'll make some money even selling at a discount.

Yeah I don't blame you but push for your Gugong copy too if you can.  I sold mine on BGG for 200 and then bought one back for 100 from some else that listed theirs.  I immediately saw the copy pop up on BGG so it wouldn't have lasted long at 100.  We're your chimera stations deluxe editions?  That would be awesome! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, yatescory said:

Yeah I don't blame you but push for your Gugong copy too if you can.  I sold mine on BGG for 200 and then bought one back for 100 from some else that listed theirs.  I immediately saw the copy pop up on BGG so it wouldn't have lasted long at 100.  We're your chimera stations deluxe editions?  That would be awesome! 

How do you tell if they are deluxe?  It says Euro Edition on the front.  It's translated in about 3-4 languages.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Barb Bliss said:

How do you tell if they are deluxe?  It says Euro Edition on the front.  It's translated in about 3-4 languages.

Ahhh I see...I think you have the basic edition copies.  I got mixed up because another recent ks had chimera deluxe copies as add ons but that wasn't the Gugong ks...it was Belfort.   However Game Brewer partners with tasty Minstrel games which made Chimera station so maybe they are Deluxe. I looked it up online and I don't see a good way of telling based off of the Box unfortunately. I know the deluxe has metal coins and wooden bits.  If I find more information I'll definitely let you know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, yatescory said:

Ahhh I see...I think you have the basic edition copies.  I got mixed up because another recent ks had chimera deluxe copies as add ons but that wasn't the Gugong ks...it was Belfort.   However Game Brewer partners with tasty Minstrel games which made Chimera station so maybe they are Deluxe. I looked it up online and I don't see a good way of telling based off of the Box unfortunately. I know the deluxe has metal coins and wooden bits.  If I find more information I'll definitely let you know.

Great.  I don't wan to mess with the shrink wrap.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, yatescory said:

Ahhh I see...I think you have the basic edition copies.  I got mixed up because another recent ks had chimera deluxe copies as add ons but that wasn't the Gugong ks...it was Belfort.   However Game Brewer partners with tasty Minstrel games which made Chimera station so maybe they are Deluxe. I looked it up online and I don't see a good way of telling based off of the Box unfortunately. I know the deluxe has metal coins and wooden bits.  If I find more information I'll definitely let you know.

No metal coins.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Barb Bliss said:

Great.  I don't wan to mess with the shrink wrap.

Found this info online...you don't have the deluxe unfortunately. 

"The TMG english version has english text everywhere.
The Gamebrewer euro version has icons everywhere - and you have either to learn which icon means what or look it up every time.
(And there is the KS-only deluxified TMG english version: added metal coins and wood instead of cardboard in some places.)

Gameplay is identical everywhere."

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, yatescory said:

Found this info online...you don't have the deluxe unfortunately. 

"The TMG english version has english text everywhere.
The Gamebrewer euro version has icons everywhere - and you have either to learn which icon means what or look it up every time.
(And there is the KS-only deluxified TMG english version: added metal coins and wood instead of cardboard in some places.)

Gameplay is identical everywhere."

 

With luck, they will send me my pledge, and tell me to just keep the wrong games.  I don't want to waste a lunch hour sending them back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, yesterday, Mrs. Zoxe and I were talking about KS's we were waiting on. I mentioned that Shadows of Brimstone, Forbidden Fortress was supposed to ship in January, meaning I might be lucky if I see it by June.  Then, just to prove me wrong, Flying Frog put up an update overnight that said that our pledges are on the water!!  Since they pre-packaged everything in the factory, and the boat is due to arrive in January, I might actually see my pledge in February!

This is an important milestone, as THIS was the pledge that started my Kickstarter Habit, and while other games have fulfilled, THIS was a huge outlier in my history.

They posted an unboxing video.  The volume of painting that I need to do is making my head hurt. :P

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/10/2019 at 8:22 PM, Barb Bliss said:

With luck, they will send me my pledge, and tell me to just keep the wrong games.  I don't want to waste a lunch hour sending them back.

Did you get Gugong?  Been wondering how things went down for you.  This deluxe edition is easily the nicest quality game in my collection.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, yatescory said:

Did you get Gugong?  Been wondering how things went down for you.  This deluxe edition is easily the nicest quality game in my collection.

Support hasn't even gotten back to me yet.  I'll give it a week and maybe you can show me how to sell these on BGG.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Barb Bliss said:

Support hasn't even gotten back to me yet.  I'll give it a week and maybe you can show me how to sell these on BGG.

BGG is by far the best place to sell.  They only bill you for 3% of the sell price.  If you price it competitively things sell fast.  They have a price history button so you can see what things have sold for recently too.  

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@yatescory, I still haven't heard back from these chuckleheads at Game Brewer.  Note: I strongly suggest no one ever try to get something from Game Brewer ever.  I hope everyone is grateful for how DMG stands behind their products.  Check out a blurb from the top of Game Brewer customer service page:

We do our best to create, produce and deliver quality games. But sometimes a component can be missing or defective. We’re truly sorry if the game you purchased, doesn’t meet our usual quality standards. Please fill in the form below and we’ll do our best to replace any missing or defective components. Or we’ll find out why your game wasn’t delivered yet. Please be aware that it may take 3 to 4 working days to process your request. If only 1 component is missing or defective and you can enoy the game perfectly without it, we kindly ask you to consider if it’s really necessary to request a replacement.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Barb Bliss said:

@yatescory, I still haven't heard back from these chuckleheads at Game Brewer.  Note: I strongly suggest no one ever try to get something from Game Brewer ever.  I hope everyone is grateful for how DMG stands behind their products.  Check out a blurb from the top of Game Brewer customer service page:

We do our best to create, produce and deliver quality games. But sometimes a component can be missing or defective. We’re truly sorry if the game you purchased, doesn’t meet our usual quality standards. Please fill in the form below and we’ll do our best to replace any missing or defective components. Or we’ll find out why your game wasn’t delivered yet. Please be aware that it may take 3 to 4 working days to process your request. If only 1 component is missing or defective and you can enoy the game perfectly without it, we kindly ask you to consider if it’s really necessary to request a replacement.

That kind of sucks @Barb Bliss

But I will second the opinion of DMG - they go well beyond the norm in the pride and care they take in their work.   It is absolutely one of the reasons why I continue to support them constantly as much as I do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Thomas Browne said:

That kind of sucks @Barb Bliss

But I will second the opinion of DMG - they go well beyond the norm in the pride and care they take in their work.   It is absolutely one of the reasons why I continue to support them constantly as much as I do.

I actually got an email from them this morning.  It started out smartly (deflecting blame).

image.png.5382157c7cda5c36b401105bff86cba2.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Barb Bliss said:

I actually got an email from them this morning.  It started out smartly (deflecting blame).

image.png.5382157c7cda5c36b401105bff86cba2.png

Well good luck with getting things resolved - or have you already sold the games through BGG?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Thomas Browne said:

Well good luck with getting things resolved - or have you already sold the games through BGG?

Not yet.  The weather has been slowing me down.  It should be below zero soon, and we won't see positive temps for days.  Probably Friday.  Not looking forward to driving to bowling in -20 ish temps and leaving there when it's even colder.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm sorry you haven't received your game yet @Barb Bliss

For what it's worth, if you do get your copy I'm sure you'll love it.  It's easily the nicest deluxe edition I own hands down.   I feel so bad for you.  Quartermaster logistics really screwed up.  Hopefully you can at least keep the extra games.

I'm sure the message they posted did come across wrong but I can say some gamers are SUPER picky.  A small corner ding and they'll ask for a whole new box.  Unfortunately this happens way more than it should so I personally don't fault them for saying that.  

I'll tell you a funny story to put a spin on it. We have a handyman that comes and does jobs for us and he also does jobs for my mother-in-law too.  Hes great..the nicest guy but my mother in law can super picky with jobs.  He told us one time he did some painting walls for her and he said she was literally walking around with a magnifying glass to check the paint to make sure everything was completely covered even after two coats of paint lol.  

I do hope you get your game.  It's unfair you've had to wait so long. 

Edited by yatescory

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Barb Bliss said:

Ding Dong!  Your copy of Dinogenics has arrived @Peter Pickle.  -10 when I opened the door, so you owe me.    I sent the box dimensions via private message.

Still waiting mine, extra delay...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...