Jump to content
RomyCat

Kickstarter games you are waiting on

Recommended Posts

On 1/31/2019 at 12:21 PM, Serge Darveau said:

excuse me no GIF by QuickBooks

50924307_2059268344129146_4390908923998109696_n.jpg.53d2ca9cb32ad18ca217ab48cc2bac4a.jpg

YESSSSSSSS!!

 

(My copy arrived this week too!)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Serge Darveau said:

Finally got it  :):) 

01.jpg.c1436e2de1958557013465c248940471.jpg

I got mine, but been having too much fun playing Nemesis to play this.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My Shadows of Brimstone, Forbidden Fortress pledge arrived Today!  Allllllll 40 pounds of it!!!

20190206_175230.thumb.jpg.c084ff524b5b46dc7fe77325ab9e315c.jpg20190206_181621.thumb.jpg.f14e235bc7247a04ca02798c185bbe93.jpg20190206_181607.thumb.jpg.5b370d9d35a506c64b17bdd9d0d9763a.jpg20190206_182233.thumb.jpg.e013b021dfce0271e777549f25b627b7.jpg

 

Inside the box is the Core Box (the 3rd of the series), two Deluxe Expansions (a pair of 12x12 full gloss retail boxes).  So they sent full retail packaging of the Core and both Expansions.  For sanity/shipping they gave me 2 more boxes of sprues, and separated all of the game content (cards, stat sheets, tokens, etc.) into their own 12x12 pizza box (which is made of a more dispoable material, printed in B&W).

Worst part is, this is just the main pledge!!  Core campaign stuff and (I think) all the stretch goals.  Addons will ship in Wave 2.

This is a huge milestone.  SoB is the first KS boardgame that I backed and led me down the dark path of more and more pledges. :)

 

Edited by Zoxe
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Zoxe said:

My Shadows of Brimstone, Forbidden Fortress pledge arrived Today!  Allllllll 40 pounds of it!!!

20190206_175230.thumb.jpg.c084ff524b5b46dc7fe77325ab9e315c.jpg20190206_181621.thumb.jpg.f14e235bc7247a04ca02798c185bbe93.jpg20190206_181607.thumb.jpg.5b370d9d35a506c64b17bdd9d0d9763a.jpg20190206_182233.thumb.jpg.e013b021dfce0271e777549f25b627b7.jpg

 

Inside the box is the Core Box (the 3rd of the series), two Deluxe Expansions (a pair of 12x12 full gloss retail boxes).  So they sent full retail packaging of the Core and both Expansions.  For sanity/shipping they gave me 2 more boxes of sprues, and separated all of the game content (cards, stat sheets, tokens, etc.) into their own 12x12 pizza box (which is made of a more dispoable material, printed in B&W).

Worst part is, this is just the main pledge!!  Core campaign stuff and (I think) all the stretch goals.  Addons will ship in Wave 2.

This is a huge milestone.  SoB is the first KS boardgame that I backed and led me down the dark path of more and more pledges. :)

 

I am very Jealous

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Having two big delay KS projects: The CoCo (steady  updated), and Galaxy of Trian (less update but still delivering others projects).

Hello conquerors of the galaxy,

We know that we haven't informed you for a long time. Too long. Unfortunately, we could not get more information from the factory. In phone conversations, our requests to contact the sales maneger are ignored. He is eternally absent. 

We know that there are holidays right now in China (until February 20). Until then, we will not know anything.

Here is the timeline we have put together if production ends in March and will be sent to us immediately:

1. The end of production of plastic and metal - we assume that it will be just after the Chinese new year

2. Acceptance of plastic and metal components (sent by air mail, 1-2 weeks)

3. Transport from China to Poland (by train, 5-6 weeks)

4. During transport, the factory in Poland will start the production of cardboard and add-ons. We have the files ready. We're just waiting for a signal from China.

5. Clearing customs for goods from China + transport to the factory (3-6 weeks)

6. Game packaging (components from China + cardboard) (4-5 weeks)

7. Pickup by the logistics company, shipment to hubs (6-10 weeks)

8. Shipment from hubs to backers (1-2 weeks)

 

We have a very big problem, because we have already paid for the production, and we can not see the results. This is one of the reasons why we have not spoken for a long time. We do not have much idea what we can do to somehow influence the factory in China. Flying to China will not help much. In addition, these are very large costs.

We have a plan that if there is no contact after the New Chinese Year, we will not be able to work together anymore and transfer cooperation to another factory taking molds and what has already been produced.

If you have an idea about what else we can do, we are open to any sugestions.

Creativemaker Team

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That doesn't sound good.  I've gathered over the numerous updates from various projects, that not all Chinese factories are created equal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Barb Bliss said:

That doesn't sound good.  I've gathered over the numerous updates from various projects, that not all Chinese factories are created equal.

I will received another game soon from them, already in fullfillment in Canada. So probably more I've to wait.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not here on one company's forum to bash another company, but there's a KS campaign out there that really makes me sad.

Mrs. Zoxe is a huuuuge fan of the minis in Super Dungeon Explore.  When Super Dungeon Legends hit KS, she waffled (she already owned the most of original content) and then ultimately late backed after the campaign ended.

Here's a concerning article:  https://www.thegamer.com/super-dungeon-explore-legends-750k-in-debt/   You can get the gist just by reading the link.  The campaign is 3 years in, they've spent all the money PLUS another $750k.  Meanwhile, the company has gone silent.

Separately, Mrs. Zoxe backed their Way of the Fighter campaign, at a pledge level that provided only minis (no game content).  While the game itself fulfilled over a year go, no sign of the minis.  

So far, Mrs. Zoxe is 1 for 3 in their campaigns (Rail Raiders fulfilled successfully).

I'm not here to rant or troll them.  We've talked to and gamed with the Soda Pop / Ninja Division crew at various conventions.  They're good people, positive vibe, and love their games.   But something bad wrong happened.  :(

  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Zoxe said:

I'm not here on one company's forum to bash another company, but there's a KS campaign out there that really makes me sad.

Mrs. Zoxe is a huuuuge fan of the minis in Super Dungeon Explore.  When Super Dungeon Legends hit KS, she waffled (she already owned the most of original content) and then ultimately late backed after the campaign ended.

Here's a concerning article:  https://www.thegamer.com/super-dungeon-explore-legends-750k-in-debt/   You can get the gist just by reading the link.  The campaign is 3 years in, they've spent all the money PLUS another $750k.  Meanwhile, the company has gone silent.

Separately, Mrs. Zoxe backed their Way of the Fighter campaign, at a pledge level that provided only minis (no game content).  While the game itself fulfilled over a year go, no sign of the minis.  

So far, Mrs. Zoxe is 1 for 3 in their campaigns (Rail Raiders fulfilled successfully).

I'm not here to rant or troll them.  We've talked to and gamed with the Soda Pop / Ninja Division crew at various conventions.  They're good people, positive vibe, and love their games.   But something bad wrong happened.  :(

This happened to me with Darkness Sabotage.  They spent all the money and went dark.  Too bad.  The game looked really cool.  You are space pirates, and board a ship that behaves like a roach motel.  The goal is to escape before the demons residing on the ship drag your soul to hell.  I went with the deluxe version and added in the art book.  No warnings or communication about any issues.  Just went dark.

  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Barb Bliss said:

This happened to me with Darkness Sabotage.  They spent all the money and went dark.  Too bad.  The game looked really cool.  You are space pirates, and board a ship that behaves like a roach motel.  The goal is to escape before the demons residing on the ship drag your soul to hell.  I went with the deluxe version and added in the art book.  No warnings or communication about any issues.  Just went dark.

It's look that they try to launch another KS recently, Ghost Star, and they have cancelled it before Kickstarter, and no more comments from them either on Facebook. Was looking to back it. :( 

 

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/wreakhavoc/ghost-star-a-solo-board-game-you-wont-want-to-play/description

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Serge Darveau said:

It's look that they try to launch another KS recently, Ghost Star, and they have cancelled it before Kickstarter, and no more comments from them either on Facebook. Was looking to back it. :( 

 

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/wreakhavoc/ghost-star-a-solo-board-game-you-wont-want-to-play/description

I backed that one too.  I didn't realize it was the same guys or I wouldn't have backed it.  I wondered why the cancellation.  I wonder if KS realized it was the same guys.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

We were notified by Kickstarter that our campaign was suspended due to violation of their rules. If we didn't cancel they would of. Obviously we weren't expecting this so sorry about not posting an update. We are trying to figure out what rule(s) we broke. 

Probably or want to know more about this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, WxCougar said:

BoxThrone buyers, what are your thoughts? I noticed they went retail and am curious if its worth it.

I own one.  I mean they’re expensive and ikeas Kallax shelves seem to be a much better cost saving solution and hold more.  That being said they’re neat.  I won’t buy another because of the cost compared to how many it will store vs. other solutions but if money really isn’t an object they’re very nice.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, tgpumpkin said:

I own one.  I mean they’re expensive and ikeas Kallax shelves seem to be a much better cost saving solution and hold more.  That being said they’re neat.  I won’t buy another because of the cost compared to how many it will store vs. other solutions but if money really isn’t an object they’re very nice.  

Thanks for the insight.  The nearest Ikea is about 4 hours away so it would be an online order - I was curious about those too (or really anyone's solutions for game storage). Our current solution is not very good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, WxCougar said:

Thanks for the insight.  The nearest Ikea is about 4 hours away so it would be an online order - I was curious about those too (or really anyone's solutions for game storage). Our current solution is not very good.

Technically I don’t have an ikea kallax yet but on the BGR Facebook group everyone raves about them.  I’m thinking of grabbing one in a couple of weeks,  I have quite a bit of other ikea stuff so I trust their furniture.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kallax is fantastic.  There's a reason pretty much everyone with a ton of games goes Kallax.   There are some flaws (like storing huge box games is tough) but overall they are exceptional shelves for the price.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×