RomyCat

Kickstarter games you are waiting on

7 minutes ago, yatescory said:

Ugh!!!  Whoa!  That sucks!!!!  I really hope this isn't a common problem.  Did you order one if each?

I only ordered gugong.  My guess is the wrong box got my shipping label.

On 1/2/2019 at 1:25 PM, Barb Bliss said:

Ding Dong!  I got a box for Nemesis, but only the core box showed up.  I had pledged all in.  I hope this doesn't take too long to clear up.

Edit: Apparently that's how they work.  Get the core box out, then work on the expansions.  I wonder how long that will take.

Whelp as a Lords of Hellas backer (same company) I can share my experience.

i chose wave 2 only shipping.

We were told wave 1 ships October 2017 and wave 2 April 2018

wave 1 shipped March 2018

im still waiting on wave 2 as I pass retailers selling the game left and right.

since it’s the same company and nemesis came after....I’m guessing you have a while to go.

The 7th Continent Wave 2 got pushed back again to May now. Gives me more time to finish those last two curses in the base game. Curse 3 has my sister and I stumped. We have searched most of the known main island and little islands looking for one object and can't find it.  My have to use a walk though guide to find where it is.

On 1/5/2019 at 5:31 PM, Barb Bliss said:

I only ordered gugong.  My guess is the wrong box got my shipping label.

So what's gonna happen?  Have you heard back.  

15 minutes ago, yatescory said:

So what's gonna happen?  Have you heard back.  

I went to their website and filled out a contact form.  It basically said they'd get back to me before 8 days elapsed.  I told them they had 2 weeks and then I'm selling the games on ebay, and  call it a day.  As the double game is the same price as gugong, and the other is 5 pounds less, I think I'll make some money even selling at a discount.

25 minutes ago, Barb Bliss said:

I went to their website and filled out a contact form.  It basically said they'd get back to me before 8 days elapsed.  I told them they had 2 weeks and then I'm selling the games on ebay, and  call it a day.  As the double game is the same price as gugong, and the other is 5 pounds less, I think I'll make some money even selling at a discount.

Yeah I don't blame you but push for your Gugong copy too if you can.  I sold mine on BGG for 200 and then bought one back for 100 from some else that listed theirs.  I immediately saw the copy pop up on BGG so it wouldn't have lasted long at 100.  We're your chimera stations deluxe editions?  That would be awesome! 

3 minutes ago, yatescory said:

Yeah I don't blame you but push for your Gugong copy too if you can.  I sold mine on BGG for 200 and then bought one back for 100 from some else that listed theirs.  I immediately saw the copy pop up on BGG so it wouldn't have lasted long at 100.  We're your chimera stations deluxe editions?  That would be awesome! 

How do you tell if they are deluxe?  It says Euro Edition on the front.  It's translated in about 3-4 languages.

7 minutes ago, Barb Bliss said:

How do you tell if they are deluxe?  It says Euro Edition on the front.  It's translated in about 3-4 languages.

Ahhh I see...I think you have the basic edition copies.  I got mixed up because another recent ks had chimera deluxe copies as add ons but that wasn't the Gugong ks...it was Belfort.   However Game Brewer partners with tasty Minstrel games which made Chimera station so maybe they are Deluxe. I looked it up online and I don't see a good way of telling based off of the Box unfortunately. I know the deluxe has metal coins and wooden bits.  If I find more information I'll definitely let you know.

4 minutes ago, yatescory said:

Ahhh I see...I think you have the basic edition copies.  I got mixed up because another recent ks had chimera deluxe copies as add ons but that wasn't the Gugong ks...it was Belfort.   However Game Brewer partners with tasty Minstrel games which made Chimera station so maybe they are Deluxe. I looked it up online and I don't see a good way of telling based off of the Box unfortunately. I know the deluxe has metal coins and wooden bits.  If I find more information I'll definitely let you know.

Great.  I don't wan to mess with the shrink wrap.

5 minutes ago, yatescory said:

No metal coins.

3 minutes ago, Barb Bliss said:

Great.  I don't wan to mess with the shrink wrap.

Found this info online...you don't have the deluxe unfortunately. 

"The TMG english version has english text everywhere.
The Gamebrewer euro version has icons everywhere - and you have either to learn which icon means what or look it up every time.
(And there is the KS-only deluxified TMG english version: added metal coins and wood instead of cardboard in some places.)

Gameplay is identical everywhere."

2 minutes ago, yatescory said:

Found this info online...you don't have the deluxe unfortunately. 

"The TMG english version has english text everywhere.
The Gamebrewer euro version has icons everywhere - and you have either to learn which icon means what or look it up every time.
(And there is the KS-only deluxified TMG english version: added metal coins and wood instead of cardboard in some places.)

Gameplay is identical everywhere."

With luck, they will send me my pledge, and tell me to just keep the wrong games.  I don't want to waste a lunch hour sending them back.

So, yesterday, Mrs. Zoxe and I were talking about KS's we were waiting on. I mentioned that Shadows of Brimstone, Forbidden Fortress was supposed to ship in January, meaning I might be lucky if I see it by June.  Then, just to prove me wrong, Flying Frog put up an update overnight that said that our pledges are on the water!!  Since they pre-packaged everything in the factory, and the boat is due to arrive in January, I might actually see my pledge in February!

This is an important milestone, as THIS was the pledge that started my Kickstarter Habit, and while other games have fulfilled, THIS was a huge outlier in my history.

They posted an unboxing video.  The volume of painting that I need to do is making my head hurt. :P

• Like 1

On 1/10/2019 at 8:22 PM, Barb Bliss said:

With luck, they will send me my pledge, and tell me to just keep the wrong games.  I don't want to waste a lunch hour sending them back.

Did you get Gugong?  Been wondering how things went down for you.  This deluxe edition is easily the nicest quality game in my collection.