RomyCat

Kickstarter games you are waiting on

Just now, Thomas Browne said:

Can I play the Ferengi? <duck>

I haven't cracked it open, so I don't know what you are referring to at the moment.

7 minutes ago, Barb Bliss said:

I haven't cracked it open, so I don't know what you are referring to at the moment.

Making a joke about the game sounding like it would be a rip-off of Star Trek: Deep Space Nine (just flip a 9 over into a 6)

1 minute ago, Thomas Browne said:

Making a joke about the game sounding like it would be a rip-off of Star Trek: Deep Space Nine (just flip a 9 over into a 6)

That show never interested me...

2 minutes ago, Barb Bliss said:

That show never interested me...

Understood - just like I said.. the name just immediately made me think it sounded like a rip-off of that.

I played Deep Space D6 two days ago and loved it. Very intense. Several times I thought for sure I was dead, yet I held on until right before the end. Love how the hazard cards can stack and interact with each other, making things ever so much harder. Made a bunch of newbie mistakes I hope to correct the next time I play.

Today, when I came home, I had THREE Kickstarter games waiting for me: Five Minute Dungeon,  Crypt, and Kodama Duo. Within the last week or so I also got Deep Space D6, Goblivion, and Dinosaur Island.  It feels like Christmas has come early. 

And tomorrow is my last day of work for this year! Hurrah!!!!! Two weeks of freedom to play tons of games.

• Like 1

So here is my updated Kickstarter list. I don't plan to back any new games in the final few weeks of this year.

Waiting on from  2018
Awkward Guest
Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood of Venice
Welcome to Dino World
Welcome to... (not the same game as above)
Zoo-ography
Expediton: the Future
Skulk Hollow
D6: Dungeons, Dudes, Dames, Danger, Dice & Dragons! 
Tiny Epic Mechs
Microbrew
The Ancient World (2nd printing)
Bargain Quest
Incoming Transmission
Atlantis Island of Gods
Snowdonia
Tang Garden
Black Sonata
Neta-Tanka
Skull Tales: Full Sail!
Kitchen Rush - Piece of Cake (shipping)
Xia: Missions and Powers (coming in Jan)
Countdown: Action edition (Soon, Lindsey?)

Waiting on from 2017:
Dinogenics: Dinosaur Park Management  (shipping soon)
Book of Dragons (coming in Jan)
7th Continent expansions (got the base already, waiting on 2nd wave)
Quodd Heroes

Waiting on from 2016:
Whelps to Wyrms   (printed but he can't afford to ship them)

2 hours ago, RomyCat said:

I played Deep Space D6 two days ago and loved it. Very intense. Several times I thought for sure I was dead, yet I held on until right before the end. Love how the hazard cards can stack and interact with each other, making things ever so much harder. Made a bunch of newbie mistakes I hope to correct the next time I play.

Today, when I came home, I had THREE Kickstarter games waiting for me: Five Minute Dungeon,  Crypt, and Kodama Duo. Within the last week or so I also got Deep Space D6, Goblivion, and Dinosaur Island.  It feels like Christmas has come early. 

And tomorrow is my last day of work for this year! Hurrah!!!!! Two weeks of freedom to play tons of games.

I got Crypt this week too.  It looks fun, but I have to find the right group.  Jaemus et.al. aren't fans of randomness from dice.

You can play Crypt solo. That's how I played the first time. Good way to learn the rules before teaching others. 

• Like 1

Received today the second shipping of Christmas Lights (wasn't lost, just the strike delay for the first one), so I will have a game to give on my facebook game page, and make knowing the world of Kickstarter in my county. :) 

On 12/22/2018 at 12:10 AM, RomyCat said:

You can play Crypt solo. That's how I played the first time. Good way to learn the rules before teaching others. 

I lost the instruction book.  SMH.

On 12/25/2018 at 10:40 PM, Barb Bliss said:

I lost the instruction book.  SMH.

What?  That's terrible. Hopefully there is a pdf you can download for it.

16 minutes ago, RomyCat said:

What?  That's terrible. Hopefully there is a pdf you can download for it.

I'm on a cleaning up and clearing out campaign on my house since the weather stinks so much now.  I hope to find it tomorrow.  Fingers crossed.

Good luck. I've been doing a lot of cleaning this week. Christmas day seemed almost nonstop cooking and cleaning....and eating.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RomyCat said:

Good luck. I've been doing a lot of cleaning this week. Christmas day seemed almost nonstop cooking and cleaning....and eating.

3" of snow so far in the last 2 hours.  But the snow is supposed to turn into rain tonight and tomorrow.  Then temps are to drop like a rock.  Saturday is trash pickup day, so I hope I have a clear/ice free path to the trash barrels.

6 hours ago, Barb Bliss said:

3" of snow so far in the last 2 hours.  But the snow is supposed to turn into rain tonight and tomorrow.  Then temps are to drop like a rock.  Saturday is trash pickup day, so I hope I have a clear/ice free path to the trash barrels.

I should receive it tomorrow, snow and freezing rain. -8°F this morning to 28°F tomorrow. :) 

17 hours ago, RomyCat said:

My clearing out got a boost while my cleaning up took a hit.  I dropped a box of ornaments down the basement stairs.  Around half of them busted into a billion pieces as they bounced down the stairs.  smh.

• Sad 1

Posted (edited)

Ding Dong!  I got a box for Nemesis, but only the core box showed up.  I had pledged all in.  I hope this doesn't take too long to clear up.

Edit: Apparently that's how they work.  Get the core box out, then work on the expansions.  I wonder how long that will take.

Edited by Barb Bliss

Stupid Quartermaster Logic.  They sent me 2 copies of Chimera Station and one of Dixie Queen instead of Gugong.  We'll see how good Game Brewer's customer service is.  I hope I don't have to waste a lunch hour sending them back.

58 minutes ago, Barb Bliss said:

Stupid Quartermaster Logic.  They sent me 2 copies of Chimera Station and one of Dixie Queen instead of Gugong.  We'll see how good Game Brewer's customer service is.  I hope I don't have to waste a lunch hour sending them back.

Ugh!!!  Whoa!  That sucks!!!!  I really hope this isn't a common problem.  Did you order one if each?