RomyCat

Kickstarter games you are waiting on

4 hours ago, Barb Bliss said:

I got another shipping notice from shipbob, so hopefully that is my Box Throne feet.  Fingers crossed.

I got the bases and most of the shelves along with the mat holder. I had to rearrange some furniture too. Got the shelves in place and loaded with games. But the is one empty area. I am missing 8 shelves and the  five clear shelves 

1 hour ago, RomyCat said:

I got the bases and most of the shelves along with the mat holder. I had to rearrange some furniture too. Got the shelves in place and loaded with games. But the is one empty area. I am missing 8 shelves and the  five clear shelves 

Two more boxes showed up today, but still no feet.  Got more shelves and the Plexiglas shelf toppers.  I hope the feet show up tomorrow, though I'll probably be off to bowling before they show up.

There be feet here!  I guess I know what I'm doing tomorrow night  🎅

p.s. After tomorrow, I don't have to work a Thursday or a Friday for the rest of the year.  Boom!  After Wednesday 12/18, I'm done working for the year!

1 hour ago, Barb Bliss said:

@RomyCat, I have two of the segments screwed together, but I'm already get a blister.  Boo.  I wonder if a neighbor has a screw gun...

Yeah, I found it hard screwing the bottom ones in when I flipped the shelves. When I screwed into the top of the bases, it was not so bad. Had to take a break part of the way through building them to rest my hands. Wished I had a screw gun but I had to finish everything by hand. Looks great accept the bit gap in the middle where I'm still waiting for 8 shelves.

2 hours ago, RomyCat said:

Yeah, I found it hard screwing the bottom ones in when I flipped the shelves. When I screwed into the top of the bases, it was not so bad. Had to take a break part of the way through building them to rest my hands. Wished I had a screw gun but I had to finish everything by hand. Looks great accept the bit gap in the middle where I'm still waiting for 8 shelves.

Neil thinks Mark has one, but couldn't find it.  Mark's a UPS driver, and not expected home until after 9 pm today.  I got the two I had gotten together loaded with games now.  Those shelves are a real pain in the backside.  I felt the need for a glass of gin half way through.

9 minutes ago, Barb Bliss said:

@Serge Darveau, you sure have gotten a lot of games lately given the postal strike in Canada.

Lot of game come from China, and Canada Post have stopped the shipping from there last month, and other countries like USA, Australia, Germany. :( 

1 minute ago, Serge Darveau said:

Lot of game come from China, and Canada Post have stopped the shipping from there last month, and other countries like USA, Australia, Germany. :( 

That sucks.

• Sad 1

51 minutes ago, Barb Bliss said:

That sucks.

With the holydays rush, it could have more delay, but I've some to learn how to play for the waiting. 

I've gotten my notice that Dinosaur Island and its expansion suppose to arrive tomorrow. Then D6 can finally start shipping. 

For the Boxthrone, I'm still waiting on 8 shelves and my clear shelves. 

11 hours ago, RomyCat said:

I've gotten my notice that Dinosaur Island and its expansion suppose to arrive tomorrow. Then D6 can finally start shipping. 

For the Boxthrone, I'm still waiting on 8 shelves and my clear shelves. 

Note: I talked to Dan about how scuffed up the plexi shelves were.  He told me that there is a protective cover on it, and when I took that off, they looked great.  I wished I had gotten another tower and a half piece.  I hope to snag them when they get to retail.

Edited by Barb Bliss

Ding dong!  Photosynthesis and Chart Stone are here, and arrived before I left for 4 hours or so.  I'm on vacation tomorrow and Friday, so I guess I'll have plenty of time to punch stuff out.

On 12/5/2018 at 7:25 AM, Barb Bliss said:

Note: I talked to Dan about how scuffed up the plexi shelves were.  He told me that there is a protective cover on it, and when I took that off, they looked great.  I wished I had gotten another tower and a half piece.  I hope to snag them when they get to retail.

My sister and I have already been debating about getting another tower, maybe with extra wide shelves this time. Still, I waiting on 8 normal shelves and the clear ones. I hope they come in soon.

Enjoy your vacation. You deserve some great gaming time.

20 hours ago, RomyCat said:

My sister and I have already been debating about getting another tower, maybe with extra wide shelves this time. Still, I waiting on 8 normal shelves and the clear ones. I hope they come in soon.

Enjoy your vacation. You deserve some great gaming time.

The original plan was to get down to watch the quarter finals at Maturi Arena (home of the Lady Gophers - #2 seed over all), and watch some fantastic women's volleyball.  But unless I wanted to pay well over $200 for a ticket to a scalper, I was out of luck.  So, plan B, I got my license plate tabs renewed, and then out to a relaxing lunch.  I even got my favorite waitress, Laura.  I used my stupid new smart phone to get 20% off lunch (with some help), and I came home to a Dog Might box waiting on my stoop.  I guess I have to get some pictures done.

p.s. @Zoe, the skirmish box for my Village Attacks minis came just in time.  I'll be varnishing my first 6 mini from that game today.

p.p.s @RomyCat, I put my shelves together and loaded them up before I found out the plexi shelves had protective coating on them.  I suppose I ought to do some unloading and remove the protective coating.  Hmmm.  Maybe I'll wait until the next snow storm.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Barb Bliss said:

p.p.s @RomyCat, I put my shelves together and loaded them up before I found out the plexi shelves had protective coating on them.  I suppose I ought to do some unloading and remove the protective coating.  Hmmm.  Maybe I'll wait until the next snow storm.

Nice you got all your stuff. I'm still waiting on 2 boxes. Starting to get impatient. 

Just now, RomyCat said:

Nice you got all your stuff. I'm still waiting on 2 boxes. Starting to get impatient. 

A lot of pieces to stack up against the wall until you can get the rest of it.