Sign in to follow this  
tgpumpkin

HAPPY EINHERJAR (Memorial Day) Everyone, what are you playing/doing this weekend?

Posted (edited)

I hope all of you will be celebrating the extended weekend feasting on the finest meats, meads, and beers available.  With the extra day for many of us, what are you going to be doing/playing this weekend?

For me, I plan on grilling and smoking meat all weekend long.  Doing the classic burgers/brats/hots for a couple of the days and finishing the weekend off smoking some pulled pork and smoked macaroni and cheese.  Good times.

Hoping to play a few games this weekend as well.  I'm in game 6 of Charterstone and I want to try to finish the campaign.  I might throw down some Zombicide.  I also want to try this new game I got called Feudum.  Seems a bit complex but the art is pretty cool.

What about the rest of you?

pumpkinpig.jfif

Edited by tgpumpkin
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

If I’m lucky I’ll get in time with my weekend gaming group which means pandemic legacy season 1 can begin! (And I have to make tri tip) Otherwise I’m thinking about wandering over to Fanime for a day this weekend to do an escape room/visit friends at con, priming/painting my army, and spending some quality time attached to my PS4 playing yakuza 0 or Monster Hunter. 

• Like 3

Yeah just doing my usual groups Saturday and Sunday (two different Gloomhaven campaigns this week).

Might try and see if either group is up for another session on Monday.  If not - I'll probably work on finishing building my KD:M expansion pieces (all monsters are done, just have a few 'bonus pieces' to finish up).  

I want to get back to trying to paint some minis - but honestly am trying to wait for my Kickstarter wet palette to show up first.

• Like 1

Great idea for a thread! I'll make sure to post any pics from our weekend! 

46 minutes ago, Serge Darveau said:

12027118215_0f94aed15a_b.thumb.jpg.b0006fc8b47e8500e509f59d88a1998b.jpg

My life will now never be complete without that helmet. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Serge Darveau said:

12027118215_0f94aed15a_b.thumb.jpg.b0006fc8b47e8500e509f59d88a1998b.jpg

It warms my insides seeing pumpkins warmly appreciated in this picture.  Good show gourd sir.

52 minutes ago, ElysianPeace said:

If I’m lucky I’ll get in time with my weekend gaming group which means pandemic legacy season 1 can begin! (And I have to make tri tip) Otherwise I’m thinking about wandering over to Fanime for a day this weekend to do an escape room/visit friends at con, priming/painting my army, and spending some quality time attached to my PS4 playing yakuza 0 or Monster Hunter. 

Pandemic Legacy Season 1!  I'm halfway through that one and stalled a bit.  Need to pick it up.  Great game...just stalled.  Sounds like a lot of fun.

Monster Hunter!  I beat the core game and have been slowly chipping away at the additional monsters.  Stalled a little on this too due to God of War :)  

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Lindsey said:

Great idea for a thread! I'll make sure to post any pics from our weekend! 

Yay I have gourd ideas!!!! :P  I will work on taking some pics as well of all the smoked meats, deliciousness, and board games.  Who knows, maybe I'll try painting my first miniature.  I'll be sure to take pictures of that so I can provide some comical relief to you miniature painting veterans out there :)

• Like 1

Just now, WxCougar said:

My husband and I will be heading to Paizocon in Seattle this weekend.

COUGAR!  Jealous you get to visit Seattle.  I've always always wanted to go.  Dream destination for me to at least visit.  Being on the complete opposite side of the US has kept me from doing so.  Maybe someday :) 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tgpumpkin said:

COUGAR!  Jealous you get to visit Seattle.  I've always always wanted to go.  Dream destination for me to at least visit.  Being on the complete opposite side of the US has kept me from doing so.  Maybe someday :) 

It's about a 4 hour trip for me so its one of the few Cons we get to :).  If ever you get the chance Seattle is worth it at least once.

26 minutes ago, WxCougar said:

My husband and I will be heading to Paizocon in Seattle this weekend.

Seattle’s fun! I hadn’t heard of Paizocon till now so thanks for the heads up. 

• Like 1

Will be meeting with my Pathfinder group to eat and play. Tuesday meeting with second Pathfinder group (same DM for both) to play different story. Hopefully Sunday Zenith and I will get some board games in. We want to tackle more quests in 7th Continent. 

Tgpumpkin, Pandemic Season 1 was awesome. My sister and I flew through it within a week or so. Seafall was not so great. We got a little overhaul through that one and stopped playing. One issue with it was its designed for 3 players but only us 2 were playing it. We took turns controlling a 3rd dummy player. Not nearly as much fun as having a real 3rd player.

I would love to try out Pandemic Season 2. Was waiting on the price to drop a lot. I got Pandemic Season 1 and Seafall both for $35 each. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, ElysianPeace said:

(And I have to make tri tip)

YESSSSS

I might actually run to Trader Joe's to get some..

18 hours ago, tgpumpkin said:

Monster Hunter!  I beat the core game and have been slowly chipping away at the additional monsters.

also need to get back to Monster Hunter. I had to stop not long after first buying it because of my thumb injury, BUT NOW I CAN RETURN. I really just wanna deck out my Palico...

Yes.  Jaemus is going to host games tomorrow, so I won't be totally boring.  Not sure what all will get played or how many people will end up going, but I'm bringing my new Lucidity and Visitor in Blackwood Grove.

Posted (edited)
On 5/24/2018 at 12:39 PM, tgpumpkin said:

I hope all of you will be celebrating the extended weekend feasting on the finest meats, meads, and beers available.  With the extra day for many of us, what are you going to be doing/playing this weekend?

For me, I plan on grilling and smoking meat all weekend long.  Doing the classic burgers/brats/hots for a couple of the days and finishing the weekend off smoking some pulled pork and smoked macaroni and cheese.  Good times.

Hoping to play a few games this weekend as well.  I'm in game 6 of Charterstone and I want to try to finish the campaign.  I might throw down some Zombicide.  I also want to try this new game I got called Feudum.  Seems a bit complex but the art is pretty cool.

What about the rest of you?

pumpkinpig.jfif

Here are my plans:*

1. Yard work
  2. Grilling steaks and meat-in-tube-form (aka SAUSAGE)
  3. Sleep
  4. Drinking bourbon and hoping I don't wake up on the back deck with a sunburn and bug bites
  5. Painting minis for GenCon contest

*Not necessarily in this order.

Edited by Zoxe
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Zoxe said:

1. Yard work
  3. Sleep
  4. Drinking bourbon and hoping I don't wake up on the back deck with a sunburn and bug bites

Sounds like good plans.  I'm heading out into the yard real soon.  Just waiting for the motrin to kick in.  It's only 70 degrees now at 7am, and I need to start getting ready to leave at 8:30, but I should be able to get some more much spread.  By the time I get back, it'll be upper 80's.  Looking at high temps over 95 all long weekend long.  So thinking a nap before game night will be in order.

33 minutes ago, Barb Bliss said:

Sounds like good plans.  I'm heading out into the yard real soon.  Just waiting for the motrin to kick in.  It's only 70 degrees now at 7am, and I need to start getting ready to leave at 8:30, but I should be able to get some more much spread.  By the time I get back, it'll be upper 80's.  Looking at high temps over 95 all long weekend long.  So thinking a nap before game night will be in order.

Stinks about the yard work but excited for you about lucidity.  I would have probably backed that game but I had backed so many by that point I had to chill myself out :) 

Got to watch the Glass Cannon Podcast guys nearly TPK under Jason Bulmahn at Paizocon this weekend. Theyare playing the Crypt of the Everflame with Pathfinder 2.0 rules. If you like listening to tabletop roleplaying games, those Glass Cannon folks are pretty funny.

20180525_210920.jpg

• Like 1

On 5/25/2018 at 9:06 PM, Zoxe said:

1. Yard work
  3. Sleep

I thought it might be too early in the year still for mosquitoes, but I was a fool.

I am a human tiki torch, by the by. Don't want bug bites? Hang out with me - they'll bite me instead. I promise you.

Usually I douse myself in deep woods spray and then they still bite me somewhere dumb, like inside my ear (I'm not even kidding; can you hear me crying?), so this year I'm going all out. Bought a bunch of those citronella bracelets. Have a nice big citronella bucket candle. Probably gonna grab those citronella belt clips that have like, a little fan in them or something to spray it out around you constantly. We'll see how much any of this helps. Our yard is a breeding ground for little baby mosquitoes because of how easily part of it gathers water, I guess? I don't know? I really have no other explanation for their presence. But it's worse than going on a hike.

I hate them so very much.

Current bite count is modest: 12. (Although the one on the back of my neck could count for about 5 in 1. It's HUGE.)

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Serge Darveau said:

Still water is the best place for the mosquitos larva... :( 

The hunting season is coming soon. :) 

1236116863_01(1).jpg.f5eed9d89ed40c739d25b33896eda811.jpgmaringouinabitibi.jpg.21d5fb1b79c4397fdcbd29345c0d073b.jpg

I feel these images deep in my soul.