Sign in to follow this  
RomyCat

CoCo's in use ~ Showing Off Your Gaming Arrangements

Just now, Thomas Browne said:

As I said - I might not even have kept it - I was going to try to convince @Konas to keep it (maybe use it as a demo piece at conventions).  But I would have gladly taken it if he refused.  I think that would have surpassed the two skirmish boxes as my favorite pieces.

I adore @Konas, but not that much.  ?

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Barb Bliss said:

I was also bummed when you got that Gibbon Ebony D20.  Then huzzah to the Gods, a second one came out.  Hopefully another outstanding Bocote board arrives at the shop.  I'll sit on my hands if it does.

I don't know - at this point I'd probably either do like I did with the monterillo and ask them to 'keep an eye out' for me.  

That or I'll save the money towards actually being able to order the table from them.

I don't know - at this point I'd probably either do like I did with the monterillo and ask them to 'keep an eye out' for me.  

That or I'll save the money towards actually being able to order the table from them.

I really like my table.

1 minute ago, Barb Bliss said:

I adore @Konas, but not that much.  ?

Well if you saw my first post about that - it would have been convincing him to use his discount and refund me.  I certainly wasn't going to pay for him to keep something he could have claimed for free :D

• Like 1

Well if you saw my first post about that - it would have been convincing him to use his discount and refund me.  I certainly wasn't going to pay for him to keep something he could have claimed for free :D

I'm getting sick of no reactions left!  

• Haha 1

On 7/9/2018 at 12:42 AM, TheAuthorOfOZ said:

Three Kingdoms (Redux)

This game is 3 player ONLY, which is unusual.  It documents the bid for power between the Wei, Wu, and Shu dynasties in old China.  Worker placement/bidding.  I used all but 2 trays of my two CoCos, and they wound up holding all the components PERFECTLY, and as you can see, Three Kingdoms has a lot of components!

1699832830_image1(2).thumb.jpeg.eb12a78d59ca57f31285869014af5d2c.jpeg

Full board set up at the start of the game, with the supply a then individual player trays in front of each of us.

image2.thumb.jpeg.48b3081d1f0d5fa99b245a0a32b9b3fa.jpeg

A close up of my personal trays.  I ALWAYS take the dragon when I use my CoCos, because it's special.

947951303_image1(3).thumb.jpeg.3e4c898fe3b97ee1016a67bb6bf174fa.jpeg

A close up of the general supply.  Turns out some of my magnets link even when the dots don't all face the same way, and that was advantageous here.

You sir have great tasting games! I still have to get this one to the table!!!!  I'm dying to play it!!!

Approximately how many cards fit into the slot in the "card" tile? I'm thinking of just starting with one coco, doing 5 card tiles, one for each player as their little token and player aid station, and then 3 square tiles for other bits as part of games' general supply. I already have bowls that I like. Think this sounds like a decent plan? Just curious if additional cards can fit into the "card" slot beyond a player aid.

45 minutes ago, jordn613 said:

Approximately how many cards fit into the slot in the "card" tile? I'm thinking of just starting with one coco, doing 5 card tiles, one for each player as their little token and player aid station, and then 3 square tiles for other bits as part of games' general supply. I already have bowls that I like. Think this sounds like a decent plan? Just curious if additional cards can fit into the "card" slot beyond a player aid.

I haven't actually used my card tiles in a game situation, but I have 3 Massive Darkness cards out (painting minis) and am home with my cocos, and the slot could easily hold twice that many.  Note: The card slot on my tile that has two coin wells, is a smidgen shorter and the cards don't fit in that tile.  Not sure if that's a boo boo or by design.  Hope this helps.

I use my card tiles quite a bit in a wide variety of games. There are four card slots per tile.  To answer your questions about how many cards a slot can hold, I just opened up my Ticket to Ride game and tested it. I was able to but 15 cards in one slot and they stood up very nicely. In a normal Ticket to Ride game, I use two card tiles, sorting my cards my color. That means 2 tiles can hold all eight colors. I also used tiles with a bowl and 1 card slot which can hold the wild locomotives and extra trains. I had no problems with running out of space.