Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
RomyCat

CoCo's in use ~ Showing Off Your Gaming Arrangements

Recommended Posts

32 minutes ago, Barb Bliss said:

@RomyCat, in my book nothing can make Catan better.

The Mrs and I use a house rule for when we play Catan two-player.  A shuffled pile of ten of each of the resource cards, face down, helps to make up for the lack of trading that tends to come up in low player count sessions.  A player can trade any three cards for two random pulls from the draw pile.  I found it to help break up the deadlock you can sometimes get if  someone is having a hard time getting access to some resources.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Barb Bliss said:

I loved cheesecake until I saw one being made.  I might as well just smash it directly onto my hips!

Lol went to Cheesecake Factory last night...one slice averages 1300 calories.  I still ate it all.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Barb Bliss said:

I loved cheesecake until I saw one being made.  I might as well just smash it directly onto my hips!

Was going to give you a laughing emoji, but I am out of reactions ?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Rise of Tribes

Rise of Tribes came in a couple of days ago. @RomyCat and I enjoyed it so much that we played it five times in a row. Players get to pick a tribe, use one of its special abilities to gather resources, make villages, and fight with other tribes over land. 

IMG_0578.thumb.jpg.8d19e5efec04fd0ef96a9e965f858791.jpg

IMG_0579.thumb.jpg.cb5d7f996b37dbeb2e5e3dab483ff5a5.jpg

 

@RomyCat wanted to make sure I included a picture of the Saber Tooth Tiger CoCo.

IMG_0581.thumb.jpg.747513ce94d662d469ffd02ffeec88ca.jpg

Edited by Zenithsplendor
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Zenithsplendor said:

Rise of Tribes

Rise of Tribes came in a couple of days ago. @RomyCat and I enjoyed it so much that we played it five times in a row. Players get to pick a tribe, use one of its special abilities to gather resources, make villages, and fight with other tribes over land. 

IMG_0578.thumb.jpg.8d19e5efec04fd0ef96a9e965f858791.jpg

IMG_0579.thumb.jpg.cb5d7f996b37dbeb2e5e3dab483ff5a5.jpg

 

@RomyCat wanted to make sure I included a picture of the Saber Tooth Tiger CoCo.

IMG_0581.thumb.jpg.747513ce94d662d469ffd02ffeec88ca.jpg

Love my leopardwood Saber-tooth tiger CoCo. Awesome to finally be able to use it with the game that inspired the design. I can say that Rise of Tribes was well worth the wait. Great game. The events really spice up each game, changing each "story" as you play. One time we had a major drought that suddenly sprung up, leading to war on three hexes that had previously been a peace. Sometimes you have a volcano near your home which, at any moment could erupt.  Then a mammoth may show up. Will you hunt it for food or tame it with food? And of course, there is the saber-tooth that you could send to eat your foes....but watch out as it may turn on you too.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, RomyCat said:

Love my leopardwood Saber-tooth tiger CoCo. Awesome to finally be able to use it with the game that inspired the design. I can say that Rise of Tribes was well worth the wait. Great game. The events really spice up each game, changing each "story" as you play. One time we had a major drought that suddenly sprung up, leading to war on three hexes that had previously been a peace. Sometimes you have a volcano near your home which, at any moment could erupt.  Then a mammoth may show up. Will you hunt it for food or tame it with food? And of course, there is the saber-tooth that you could send to eat your foes....but watch out as it may turn on you too.

Does that make it a leopard tooth tiger?

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Royals

Area control where you influence the nobles of various countries across several different periods of time.  For this I used the "everybody gets one" CoCo I got so everyone could get one of the double wells, and am also utilizing DMG's card stands :D

IMG_3870.thumb.jpg.b5d1e8662d43b3e1b702561103da536f.jpgIMG_3867.thumb.jpg.f86490c2a463f2b488cc3ed7f04d2d75.jpg

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Benge party pack out and in use for a three-player inaugural game of Rise of Tribes:

CBF922A5-7E39-4142-B401-EE77C9D4B66E.thumb.jpeg.0d58532e317384c4d98ceb1c856fe6ca.jpeg

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Three Kingdoms (Redux)

This game is 3 player ONLY, which is unusual.  It documents the bid for power between the Wei, Wu, and Shu dynasties in old China.  Worker placement/bidding.  I used all but 2 trays of my two CoCos, and they wound up holding all the components PERFECTLY, and as you can see, Three Kingdoms has a lot of components!

1699832830_image1(2).thumb.jpeg.eb12a78d59ca57f31285869014af5d2c.jpeg

Full board set up at the start of the game, with the supply a then individual player trays in front of each of us.

image2.thumb.jpeg.48b3081d1f0d5fa99b245a0a32b9b3fa.jpeg

A close up of my personal trays.  I ALWAYS take the dragon when I use my CoCos, because it's special.

947951303_image1(3).thumb.jpeg.3e4c898fe3b97ee1016a67bb6bf174fa.jpeg

A close up of the general supply.  Turns out some of my magnets link even when the dots don't all face the same way, and that was advantageous here.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lousy picture, but beggars can't be choosers, no?  Cocos and a skirmish box to go with Massive Darkness.  The problem with painting the big monster and hero minis last, is that the ones you want to shine are just primer.

p.s. @tgpumpkin, notice the Halloween pencil that Drew was using.

 

image.thumb.png.8061a4085e2e54bbf549cefb0a58b778.png

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Barb Bliss said:

Lousy picture, but beggars can't be choosers, no?  Cocos and a skirmish box to go with Massive Darkness.  The problem with painting the big monster and hero minis last, is that the ones you want to shine are just primer.

p.s. @tgpumpkin, notice the Halloween pencil that Drew was using.

 

image.thumb.png.8061a4085e2e54bbf549cefb0a58b778.png

He has good tastes.  Massive darkness eh?  Only played once but got to work on getting it to table more often.  How are you liking it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/6/2018 at 9:07 PM, LuckyIke said:

Benge party pack out and in use for a three-player inaugural game of Rise of Tribes:

CBF922A5-7E39-4142-B401-EE77C9D4B66E.thumb.jpeg.0d58532e317384c4d98ceb1c856fe6ca.jpeg

Nice.  I regret not backing that game and getting the deluxe version.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, tgpumpkin said:

He has good tastes.  Massive darkness eh?  Only played once but got to work on getting it to table more often.  How are you liking it?

Once you get past stumbling around the rules, it flows pretty well.  Your luck/bad luck on the event cards pretty much determines just how bad/good you do though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A classic Barb Bliss and Thomas Browne showdown for the Bocote. And the winner...in a photo finish....Barb Bliss.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
47 minutes ago, Thomas Browne said:

Damn it @Barb Bliss!! 

Congrats.

Thanks!  I spent the entire tense minute or so yelling "Come On!!!" as I waited for PayPal to churn through the transaction.

image.png.74d4992376d2e638f44e2415a9824d88.png

Edited by Barb Bliss
Added picture.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Barb Bliss said:

Thanks!  I spend the entire tense minute or so yelling "Come On!!!" as I waited for PayPal to churn through the transaction.

image.png.74d4992376d2e638f44e2415a9824d88.png

So did I - I had a feeling I was going to lose out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Thomas Browne said:

So did I - I had a feeling I was going to lose out.

I was refreshing the page continuously, so I knew I got on it quick, and therefore hopeful.  The question was how long would PayPal take to churn through my home router.  I knew you, and maybe @tgpumpkin, and maybe @ElysianPeace could be doing the same thing.  And you can never turn your back on @Adam.

Edited by Barb Bliss
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Barb Bliss said:

I was refreshing the page continuously, so I knew I got on it quick, and therefore hopeful.  The question was how long would PayPal take to churn through my home router.  I knew you, and maybe @tgpumpkin, and maybe @ElysianPeace could be doing the same thing.

Same thing I was doing.  But yeah - I think that one is the biggest loss/disappointment I've had.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Thomas Browne said:

Same thing I was doing.  But yeah - I think that one is the biggest loss/disappointment I've had.

I would have been bummed too.  It has a great interior.  My biggest disappointment was losing out on that Redheart boulder to Arianna.  She beat me by 2 or 3 seconds on that one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Thomas Browne said:

Same thing I was doing.  But yeah - I think that one is the biggest loss/disappointment I've had.

I was also bummed when you got that Gibbon Ebony D20.  Then huzzah to the Gods, a second one came out.  Hopefully another outstanding Bocote board arrives at the shop.  I'll sit on my hands if it does.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Barb Bliss said:

I would have been bummed too.  It has a great interior.  My biggest disappointment was losing out on that Redheart boulder to Arianna.  She beat me by 2 or 3 seconds on that one.

As I said - I might not even have kept it - I was going to try to convince @Konas to keep it (maybe use it as a demo piece at conventions).  But I would have gladly taken it if he refused.  I think that would have surpassed the two skirmish boxes as my favorite pieces.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×