Sign in to follow this  
RomyCat

CoCo's in use ~ Showing Off Your Gaming Arrangements

I love to see others actually using their CoCo for various games. What arrangements are working for you? Has anyone found the optimized arrangement for particular games? 

Show off your arrangements in real games. What works best for you?

Posted (edited)

Village

Here is my sister and I playing Village for the first time.  We used pieces from four CoCo. We used a central area to hold community components for everyone. Worked very nicely for sorting the items tokens, money, and cubes. Then we each had our private areas. I noticed we each arranged our own areas differently. I LOVED using the quad CoCo--perfect for sorting the four different type cubes in the game. (Black is returned directly to the bag and never keep.)

Village 3.JPG

Village 1.JPG

Edited by RomyCat
  • Like 5

Posted (edited)

Yokohama

This image is from our first experience using the CoCo's. My sister and I are playing Yokohama. We each had our own areas. The card holders worked awesome for sorting our cards while keeping their front side hidden from each other. Mine is the leopardwood CoCo's on the right in the picture. 

Yokohoma coco.JPG

Edited by RomyCat
  • Like 6

I'm so excited to see the CoCos work well with so many games! I didn't even know these two existed! 

Posted (edited)

Viticulture

@RomyCat and I played a number of games today and used CoCos. Our first game was Viticulture. Romy was purple and I was green. We also used metal money. Since Romy bought all those metal coins she tries to fit them into any game she can 😛. I really love CoCos. How did I every play games without them.

IMG_0565.thumb.JPG.d87614ea69595d401ba91806727b1bbd.JPGIMG_0566.thumb.JPG.1ace9393b29475a4ab55e03a4e1f4073.JPG

Edited by Zenithsplendor
  • Like 3

Feast For Odin

This Viking game takes up a LOT of room.  We had the money in a central area. Use three rolling trays to hold supplies. The last rolling tray to actual spin the dice in. Good thing my sister and I have four CoCo's. Allows a lot of flexibility when choosing tiles needed in games.

Vikings.jpg

Vikings top shot.jpg

• Like 3

I love seeing these, gahh!!! Viticulture especially.

Haven't been able to take any pictures but we used ours for Lords of waterdeep, terraforming Mars, and Voyages of Marco Polo. They worked great for every game. I especially like them for terraforming Mars though.

• Like 1

On 5/27/2018 at 12:26 AM, Zenithsplendor said:

Viticulture

@RomyCat and I played a number of games today and used CoCos. Our first game was Viticulture. Romy was purple and I was green. We also used metal money. Since Romy bought all those metal coins she tries to fit them into any game she can 😛. I really love CoCos. How did I every play games without them.

IMG_0566.thumb.JPG.1ace9393b29475a4ab55e03a4e1f4073.JPG

@Zenithsplendor where did you get that Scythe coin holder?  That's simply brilliant.  I've thought of buying more Scyhte metal coins to use in any game and this looks like a perfect solution to do that with!

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, LividEntity said:

@Zenithsplendor where did you get that Scythe coin holder?  That's simply brilliant.  I've thought of buying more Scyhte metal coins to use in any game and this looks like a perfect solution to do that with!

The Scythe coin holder is actually mine. I'm Zenith's sister. I picked it up through a Kickstarter.  

Link: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/gozergames/custom-3d-printed-accessories-for-scythe

It's 3D printed. Though the Kickstarter has already been fulfilled, you can buy it on the creator's website. Backers could get the physical copy or get the 3D files downloaded to use for their own 3D printers. I don't have a fancy printer so I got the physical copy.  

We both love the coin holder. The coins take up little table room and are always sorted. We use them for plenty of other games too. 

I followed the link on the Kickstarter back to the creator's webpage.  You can buy the the coin box here:

https://squareup.com/store/gozer-games/ 

Edited by RomyCat

Robinson Crusoe

One of the most brutal cooperative games ever conceived, we are marooned on an island and must survive long enough to be rescued by a passing ship.

IMG_3843.thumb.jpg.0f9dd05db724703d7caac37f76fe1756.jpg

• Like 6

On 6/14/2018 at 9:29 AM, TheAuthorOfOZ said:

Robinson Crusoe

One of the most brutal cooperative games ever conceived, we are marooned on an island and must survive long enough to be rescued by a passing ship.

IMG_3843.thumb.jpg.0f9dd05db724703d7caac37f76fe1756.jpg

I love this game. Have not played it yet with my CoCo's. I need to try it out soon.

Posted (edited)

Roll Player

In this awesome game you are preparing your adventurers for an show down with a boss (if playing with the expansion). The CoCo's were awesome for holding my money, experience, and badies I had beaten. The dice tray was perfect for rolling the dice.

Roll Player 2.jpg

Roll Player 3.jpg

Roll Player Dragon.jpgAfter playing with the Dragonkin race, I had to get a picture of my leopardwood CoCo right beside the playermat. I think DMG did an excellent job capturing the image of a cool dragon. 

Edited by RomyCat
  • Like 4

Posted (edited)

Kitchen Rush

Ever wanted to know what it was like to work in a fancy restaurant? Now is your chance. Kitchen Rush is a fun, face-pace game where hourglasses serve as your characters. Once you do an action, you must wait til the sand runs out before you can do another action.  From cooking fancy meals for food critics to washing dishes, you must work as a team to complete goals before time runs out. Each round is only 4 minutes long. Three rounds and the game is over.  

The CoCo's were super helpful in organizing the many veggies, meats, and spices. I first played this game before we got the CoCo's, and I can tell you, the many wooden trays made the experience much nicer. Everything is organized without our piles of ingredients spilling over onto each other like they used to. 

I did recently back the expansion for this great game on Kickstarter. Desserts will be added with it. Going to have to use more CoCo's for all the new ingredients which will be added. Good thing I got four sets of CoCo's.  :x

Kitchen Rush 2.jpg

Kitchen Rush 3.jpg

Edited by RomyCat
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)

Catan

Can CoCo's enhance the classic Catan? You bet. My sister and I recently played a game using several expansions and one promo (the Singing Cowboy). I love how the card holders allowed me to organized cards by how I think I will use them. Put a brick and wood beside each other and I know I will be soon building a road.

The odds were forever in my sister's favor with the dice constantly giving her supplies. She got longest road (green color) and spread out over two islands. I managed to settle on one island but never was the gold mine there spun.  Aw, I will take her down next time.  👿

Catan.jpg

Catan 2.jpg

Edited by RomyCat
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Serge Darveau said:

Not for me, lol, already know it in real life  :):) 

Some Amarula cheesecake? 

13125033_1026761207379870_3032538095583509563_n.thumb.jpg.f46167bde65d2ff8cb96528a5a53fae2.jpg

Oooooohhhhh, I want your cheese cake!   Looks soooo yummy.  ❤️

21 minutes ago, Serge Darveau said:

Not for me, lol, already know it in real life  :):) 

Some Amarula cheesecake? 

13125033_1026761207379870_3032538095583509563_n.thumb.jpg.f46167bde65d2ff8cb96528a5a53fae2.jpg

I LOVE cheesecake! One of my favorite desserts.

23 minutes ago, RomyCat said:

Oooooohhhhh, I want your cheese cake!   Looks soooo yummy.  ❤️

4 minutes ago, Zenithsplendor said:

200 gr of oreo crumb / 75 ml of melted butter, mix together for the base and cool it.

Mix 650 gr of philadelphia with 250 gr of sugar, 85 gr of white chocolate raped, 90 ml of Amarula

Put on the base, and finish with 85 gr of white chocolate raped on the top , cool it.

Give 10 parts

Sorry for the metric :) 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, RomyCat said:

Kitchen Rush

Ever wanted to know what it was like to work in a fancy restaurant? Now is your chance. Kitchen Rush is a fun, face-pace game where hourglasses serve as your characters. Once you do an action, you must wait til the sand runs out before you can do another action.  From cooking fancy meals for food critics to washing dishes, you must work as a team to complete goals before time runs out. Each round is only 4 minutes long. Three rounds and the game is over.  

The CoCo's were super helpful in organizing the many veggies, meats, and spices. I first played this game before we got the CoCo's, and I can tell you, the many wooden trays made the experience much nicer. Everything is organized without our piles of ingredients spilling over onto each other like they used to. 

I did recently back the expansion for this great game on Kickstarter. Desserts will be added with it. Going to have to use more CoCo's for all the new ingredients which will be added. Good thing I got four sets of CoCo's.  :x

Kitchen Rush 2.jpg

Kitchen Rush 3.jpg

Timers = stress for me.  Normally I avoid them, but I did back Sorcerer's City.  They have a fun phone app for the timer.  It plays suspenseful music and does the beep beep countdown on the last 10 seconds.  You can also choose how much time to give people so you can play without getting all tensed up.

7 hours ago, Zenithsplendor said:

I loved cheesecake until I saw one being made.  I might as well just smash it directly onto my hips!

• Like 2