Sign in to follow this  
Zoe

Don't tell the Mikes...

...but they're gone today so we partied a little with Puzz's new grill.

We've got a couple new apprentices in this photo, while Jeremiah and Annie are out on vacation.

grillin.jpg

• Like 5

I am grilling chicken as I read this. Was checking in on the latest post between flipping the chicken. What kind of foods did you all cook on the grill?

14 hours ago, Zenithsplendor said:

I am grilling chicken as I read this. Was checking in on the latest post between flipping the chicken. What kind of foods did you all cook on the grill?

Just brats that Friday! I believe there are definitely plans for more stuff down the road.

I might need to bring in a California classic Santa Cruz tri-tip.. might not be able to get the Santa Cruz marinade, though.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Zoe said:

Just brats that Friday! I believe there are definitely plans for more stuff down the road.

I might need to bring in a California classic Santa Cruz tri-tip.. might not be able to get the Santa Cruz marinade, though.

Tri-tip is the truth!  So good.  For the uninitiated, it is a bottom sirloin cut that is more popular on the West Coast and is super delicious.  Your local butcher can cut it for you, but look it up before hand so you know what to ask for. I love a good tri tip sandwich. Okay now I’m hungry, time to go find food.

• Like 1

Glad you all had a good time.  You all deserve a break now and then with how hard you work for all the KS projects and everything else.

I'll just say though that if you didn't want the Mike's to know about it -- posting it in the forums, esp with that title, was probably not the best idea @Zoe. :D

• Haha 2

29 minutes ago, LuckyIke said:

Tri-tip is the truth!  So good.  For the uninitiated, it is a bottom sirloin cut that is more popular on the West Coast and is super delicious.  Your local butcher can cut it for you, but look it up before hand so you know what to ask for. I love a good tri tip sandwich. Okay now I’m hungry, time to go find food.

Tri-tip is LIFE. When my mom would make some in the summer, I'd have some leftover cold for breakfast. Fricken delicious always.

8 minutes ago, Thomas Browne said:

Glad you all had a good time.  You all deserve a break now and then with how hard you work for all the KS projects and everything else.

I'll just say though that if you didn't want the Mike's to know about it -- posting it in the forums, esp with that title, was probably not the best idea @Zoe. :D

Shhh!! They clearly haven't noticed yet!! I'm in the clear so far! ?

3 minutes ago, Zoe said:

Tri-tip is LIFE. When my mom would make some in the summer, I'd have some leftover cold for breakfast. Fricken delicious always.

Shhh!! They clearly haven't noticed yet!! I'm in the clear so far! ?

So am I the only one expecting an "And Then @Zoe Was Fired" post?? :D

5 minutes ago, Zoe said:

Haven't done it with tri-tip.  But I will make a roast tenderloin with a fajita inspired dry rub.  And I'll do the same thing of just snacking on cold left-overs.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 5/21/2018 at 10:16 AM, Thomas Browne said:

Haven't done it with tri-tip.  But I will make a roast tenderloin with a fajita inspired dry rub.  And I'll do the same thing of just snacking on cold left-overs.

Thomas, you are making me sooooo hungry. I want to try your fajita. They sound soooo yummy.  :P:P

• Thanks 1

I actually don't make fajitas out of it.  Just make a rub out of fajita seasoning, salt and garlic powder that I put on the tenderloin.

Although I do make sandwiches out of the leftovers :)

• Like 1