Konas

New Prototypes: Gamer Coffee Tables

We never stop developing new things here and we are pretty excited about our newest little endeavor: Gamer themed coffee tables. We are just in the beginning process but are very happy with what we have done so far. As of right now, we have 3 tables close to finished. Each one features a live edge slab with either rolling trays or relief sculptures that focus on themes common to gamers. I would love to hear your thoughts on these. What would you like to see?

• Like 2

Our first table. White Ash with a dark walnut stain. Two rolling trays carved directly into the wood.

ct.JPG

ct3.JPG

ct4.JPG

ct8.JPG

Our second in process: Solid, figured Maple with rolling wells.

Cherry.jpg

Our third has a recessed Ouroboros filled with resin. No rolling trays but very cool. It is my favorite so far.

IMG_9350.JPG

IMG_9351.JPG

IMG_9352.JPG

• Like 1

Would you be able to offer other options for the legs? Also the height looks like it could benefit from being just a bit higher. I understand these are meant to be coffee tables, so I'm sure there's a fine line in trying to find the right height. 

My only wish now would be to find a way for my wife to let me get one 😄 the style just isn't quite inline with her decorating style. Maybe I can start to convert one of the rooms in my basement...

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, TheAuthorOfOZ said:

These look gorgeous.  Perhaps along a long edge, put little grooves for built-in card stands?

I like that idea!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lindsey said:

I like that idea!

The trick with that I suppose would be not having the resin/lacquer 'fill in' the slot.

Much easier to do with the larger dice wells than with a thin slot.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Adam said:

Would you be able to offer other options for the legs? Also the height looks like it could benefit from being just a bit higher. I understand these are meant to be coffee tables, so I'm sure there's a fine line in trying to find the right height. 

My only wish now would be to find a way for my wife to let me get one 😄 the style just isn't quite inline with her decorating style. Maybe I can start to convert one of the rooms in my basement...

The new legs that just came in are higher. They put the table height at 19"

• Like 1

Here's a fine shot of the figure on #2.

isolated.jpg

• Like 1

BTW, that's actually maple not cherry. Typo from an old graphic.

We have also decided that your Underdog discount is still good. No pressure at all, just wanted to make it clear.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Barb Bliss said:

Sell enough to afford a wider CNC 😸

It may take a while. Our "small" CNCs are 5k each.

I know there is interest here, though probably not right at the moment. We've been contemplating a new coffee table, but the yard demands the money first :).

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, WxCougar said:

I know there is interest here, though probably not right at the moment. We've been contemplating a new coffee table, but the yard demands the money first :).

Ah, yes, I am well acquainted with the demands of a yard

26 minutes ago, Konas said:

It may take a while. Our "small" CNCs are 5k each.

So you just need to run another "CoCo" campaign to finance them, right? :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Thomas Browne said:

So you just need to run another "CoCo" campaign to finance them, right? :D

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

• Haha 3

Third one is going up in a minute and it looks amazing!

5 minutes ago, WxCougar said:

the yard demands the money first

I know how this goes too. I did the yard two years ago. This year it's 20 new windows for the first floor of the house. Or as I like to refer to it, assault on my bank account.

• Like 2

Yeah, we have 4 acres to work with :).  But my husband and I have some barnwood furniture and would love to see darker woods for a coffee table. (That Ash with the darker finish is definitely up our alley).

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Konas said:

Third one is going up in a minute and it looks amazing!

Someone buy this quickly, before I succumb.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WxCougar said:

Yeah, we have 4 acres to work with :).  But my husband and I have some barnwood furniture and would love to see darker woods for a coffee table. (That Ash with the darker finish is definitely up our alley).

Yikes! I didn't have anything close to 4 acres to work with...best of luck to you!

• Like 2