Konas

New Prototypes: Gamer Coffee Tables

Got some pics of the latest table in process. Still needs about 8 more coats of varnish. Gorgeous figure in the knotty areas of this piece of Black Walnut. We stabilized the cracks with black dyed resin before sanding and finishing.

20180604_130934.jpg

20180604_130902.jpg

20180604_130917.jpg

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, WxCougar said:

That is really cool.

When's your new table due to arrive?

1 minute ago, Barb Bliss said:

When's your new table due to arrive?

I have a shipment coming this wednesday but I don't know if its just the sleeve or the table.

Just now, WxCougar said:

I have a shipment coming this wednesday but I don't know if its just the sleeve or the table.

UPS should tell you how much your package weights.  Guessing that the table is around 60 lbs and the sleeve is 6 ounces 🙂

Just now, Barb Bliss said:

UPS should tell you how much your package weights.  Guessing that the table is around 60 lbs and the sleeve is 6 ounces 🙂

Weirdly enough the email didn't give a weight so I have no idea :).

Just now, WxCougar said:

Weirdly enough the email didn't give a weight so I have no idea :).

Is the email from quantum ups or from DMG?   The ups email should have a tracking number link.  That will get you to a page that has the weight.

1 minute ago, Barb Bliss said:

Is the email from quantum ups or from DMG?   The ups email should have a tracking number link.  That will get you to a page that has the weight.

From UPS, but I finally found it - it was hiding. Its definitely not the Table :).

1 minute ago, WxCougar said:

From UPS, but I finally found it - it was hiding. Its definitely not the Table :).

Bummer.  But that much longer to anticipate.

We haven't shipped @WxCougar's yet. We are waiting to make sure @Barb Bliss's arrives safe and sound. Sorry for the wait but we want to make sure all goes well.

17 minutes ago, Konas said:

We haven't shipped @WxCougar's yet. We are waiting to make sure @Barb Bliss's arrives safe and sound. Sorry for the wait but we want to make sure all goes well.

I suddenly feel like a lab rat. 😼

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Barb Bliss said:

I suddenly feel like a lab rat. 😼

You're not the lab rat... your table is :)

And given some of your history with deliveries, it was either a very good or a very bad choice to use as a test subject :D

1 hour ago, Konas said:

No worries here. We still have to find a rug to put under it for the laminate floor.

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, Thomas Browne said:

You're not the lab rat... your table is :)

And given some of your history with deliveries, it was either a very good or a very bad choice to use as a test subject :D

@Konas, The table showed up at 5:50 pm.  The delivery guy scootched with the table in front of him and then he dropped it on the floor of the truck from about 8" in the air.  BAM!  Given the look of the box, he wasn't the only one.

image.png.2b9bacf0207c1e6e75ced6136e7bb089.pngimage.png.c889abbe979f5fbec94500f698e24b14.png

I was hoping for the best because I was sure there would be a mountain of bubble wrap around it.  Getting the table top out of the box and getting the bubble wrap off the table reminded me of the time I helped a friend deliver a breech birth calf for an exhausted cow.

image.thumb.png.e5d12aed7d97f4755d4b4eb5c326f78f.png

There was some damage.  The width side probably needs a solid piece of foam (not just on the corners.  Maybe double it up???  Maybe you can send me some dmg varnish and instructions to touch it up?

image.png.d45fd7b3a3fd3709775f93083caa5d86.png

I asked DMG to sign the bottom side of the table as it's a work of art and I can be schmaltzy sometimes.  I recognize all the signatures except for the one under the "Gin More Gin".  Is that Cameron's  John Hancock?

image.thumb.png.8d1e98b2720ed75e63fe5dfbdc30b1d2.png

Note: the live edge looks killer from the bottom side.

Edited by Barb Bliss
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

Also, I had been doing yard work for several hours before the delivery guy showed up.  The legs will have to wait until tomorrow.

12 hours ago, Barb Bliss said:

@Konas, The table showed up at 5:50 pm.  The delivery guy scootched with the table in front of him and then he dropped it on the floor of the truck from about 8" in the air.  BAM!  Given the look of the box, he wasn't the only one.

image.png.2b9bacf0207c1e6e75ced6136e7bb089.pngimage.png.c889abbe979f5fbec94500f698e24b14.png

I was hoping for the best because I was sure there would be a mountain of bubble wrap around it.  Getting the table top out of the box and getting the bubble wrap off the table reminded me of the time I helped a friend deliver a breech birth calf for an exhausted cow.

There was some damage.  The width side probably needs a solid piece of foam (not just on the corners.  Maybe double it up???  Maybe you can send me some dmg varnish and instructions to touch it up?

I asked DMG to sign the bottom side of the table as it's a work of art and I can be schmaltzy sometimes.  I recognize all the signatures except for the one under the "Gin More Gin".  Is that Scott's  John Hancock?

Oh, shoot! It looks like that chipped part might need re-stained as well. We'll see what @Konas has to say about it, but he's out and about at the moment..

I asked DMG to sign the bottom side of the table as it's a work of art and I can be schmaltzy sometimes.  I recognize all the signatures except for the one under the "Gin More Gin".  Is that Cameron's  John Hancock?

Unbelievable. This is one of the reasons why I have always said we will never do tables. Damn UPS. Unbelievable.

Barb, I will send you an email regarding this...after I make an angry phone call to UPS.

Yes, that is Cameron's John Hancock.

• Like 1

Also, I had been doing yard work for several hours before the delivery guy showed up.  The legs will have to wait until tomorrow.

That really sucks about the damage Barb.  I hope you DMG can help you get it fixed up.  It's still beautiful, but I know that I'd always end up staring at that 'damage' if it were left like that.

7 minutes ago, Thomas Browne said:

That really sucks about the damage Barb.  I hope you DMG can help you get it fixed up.  It's still beautiful, but I know that I'd always end up staring at that 'damage' if it were left like that.

Yeah.  I know a woodworker, and I'm going to try and hire him to fix the UPS tattoo and put the legs on (turning the wrench really bugs my bad elbow).  The bottom of the table is actually pretty cool, but it had a bad spot on it.  I can see why they chose the other side to be the top side, but the live edge on the other side would have been awesome on the top side.

3 hours ago, Barb Bliss said:

Yeah.  I know a woodworker, and I'm going to try and hire him to fix the UPS tattoo and put the legs on (turning the wrench really bugs my bad elbow).  The bottom of the table is actually pretty cool, but it had a bad spot on it.  I can see why they chose the other side to be the top side, but the live edge on the other side would have been awesome on the top side.

We chose the top due to the heavy checking on the bottom and to give it a couple more inches of space.

12 minutes ago, Konas said:

We chose the top due to the heavy checking on the bottom and to give it a couple more inches of space.

We are paying for the woodworker friend.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Yikes, I haven't seen any of our local UPS drivers "drop kick" packages before, but that's awful on their part. 

However I continue to be impressed with the amazing customer service of DMG :).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Konas said:

We are paying for the woodworker friend.

My guess is Will will do the work for free, but he has to respond to my email first...

• Like 2

On 6/5/2018 at 2:25 PM, Barb Bliss said:

My guess is Will will do the work for free, but he has to respond to my email first...

Will still hasn't responded to my email, but my neighbor Tyler does woodworking for a hobby said he'd help me out with the table this weekend.  At least get the legs on the girl.