2 minutes ago, RomyCat said:

I've not needed any glue yet myself. Only used wood glue when putting together Broken Tokens after staining them. Many minis don't need glue or assembly. Get Kingdom Death Monster and you will spend half of your lifetime  putting those together, or so it seems from reading posts. ? I don't own the game myself.

:)

There are 371 individual figures in my KDM pledge, to be delivered between now and 2020.  So far I have received about 95 of them and assembled and painted about 20 or 25, and that might be optimistic.

KDM is different because most of the models are unique, and the bosses are physically larger (the Phoenix has a 8-10 inch wingspan).  It's very hard to set up an assembly line and bang them out.  I also got pulled into fixing mold lines and filling gaps, which is not something I set out to do originally.  That takes a lot of time for me, because I'm more inclined to work on a single model for 5-10 minutes and then walk away for long stretches while a single seam settles and dries.  

2 hours ago, RomyCat said:

I've not needed any glue yet myself. Only used wood glue when putting together Broken Tokens after staining them. Many minis don't need glue or assembly. Get Kingdom Death Monster and you will spend half of your lifetime  putting those together, or so it seems from reading posts. ? I don't own the game myself.

I want to try Kdm so bad.  I’ll likely never own it given the price of entry.  Maybe someday if I get good at miniature painting I’ll save up for it

8 hours ago, tgpumpkin said:

I’m assuming that this is the quality of work I should expect after trying it out for the first time yes?  

709F3365-B0BF-49BB-A8F0-6CEBC6A29F3A.jpeg

65785ED3-E40B-48A4-AA8A-2D750526EF3E.jpeg

Blicks had some pearl essence paints.  You might want to get some of that and experiment with it.

4 minutes ago, tgpumpkin said:

I pulled the trigger on the set.  Here goes nothing.......

/highfives

Welcome to the dark side. We have cookies.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Zoxe said:

/highfives

Welcome to the dark side. We have cookies.

Did someone say cookies? Hmm, maybe I’ll have to give this painting thing a try one of these days too...

Edited by LuckyIke
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, LuckyIke said:

Did someone say cookies? Hmm, maybe I’ll have to give this painting thing a try one of these days too...

When it comes to cookies....I go classic chocolate chip.  I do make a mean butterscotch cookie though.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, tgpumpkin said:

When it comes to cookies....I go classic chocolate chip.  I do make a mean butterscotch cookie though.

The two best cookie combos is a pot of coffee and snickerdoodles and oatmeal butterscotch.

10 minutes ago, tgpumpkin said:

Holy shit reaper sells this as a miniature!!!!! 

C9B7B9BD-3153-421D-8960-2865F151E98F.jpeg

YOU DESPERATELY NEED THIS

He has to be in charge of any and all armies you play with. Always. Every time.

• Like 1

Just now, Zoe said:

YOU DESPERATELY NEED THIS

He has to be in charge of any and all armies you play with. Always. Every time.

ALL OF THE TTTIIIIMMMMEEEESsSSSSS

Zombicide.......Scythe......I’ll pull this sucker out in freakin UNO!!!!!!

• Like 1

Just now, tgpumpkin said:

ALL OF THE TTTIIIIMMMMEEEESsSSSSS

Zombicide.......Scythe......I’ll pull this sucker out in freakin UNO!!!!!!

First player token? Not for you. Only for everyone else playing. You just have this guy face the rest of the table when you're first player instead.

2 minutes ago, Zoe said:

First player token? Not for you. Only for everyone else playing. You just have this guy face the rest of the table when you're first player instead.

Damn straight.  Only downer is it will take me years to paint it like this.  Assuming I even get close to this level.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, tgpumpkin said:

Damn straight.  Only downer is it will take me years to paint it like this.  Assuming I even get close to this level.  

Just buy 5 and do a new one every year to keep track of your progress and growth!! It'll be so cool!!!

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, Zoe said:

Just buy 5 and do a new one every year to keep track of your progress and growth!! It'll be so cool!!!

That's a pretty creative idea @Zoe :)  

• Like 1

Ordered Sunday and it arrived today.  The victims and the loot....cat was not included 

DFD5FB39-B26C-4159-B0ED-1B146088E61B.jpeg

947A689F-0C3B-4AF2-BCBE-B488ADD083A6.jpeg

BC3C449A-DF1B-41A7-A1DF-3A54B63AD116.jpeg

07796327-8879-4970-B94C-014F5C509D30.jpeg

195254C6-1999-4708-B88C-FBA22F71FA55.jpeg

24FBEE26-317D-4284-8A41-D69B0F48827E.jpeg

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, tgpumpkin said:

Ordered Sunday and it arrived today.  The victims and the loot....cat was not included 

DFD5FB39-B26C-4159-B0ED-1B146088E61B.jpeg

947A689F-0C3B-4AF2-BCBE-B488ADD083A6.jpeg

BC3C449A-DF1B-41A7-A1DF-3A54B63AD116.jpeg

07796327-8879-4970-B94C-014F5C509D30.jpeg

195254C6-1999-4708-B88C-FBA22F71FA55.jpeg

24FBEE26-317D-4284-8A41-D69B0F48827E.jpeg

We have a supervisor cat that must approve all purchases as well.  

IMG_20180319_170538.jpg

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

Enjoy your kitties while you can.  You hit a certain point, and when you lose them, you realize you only want another companion about 10% of the time.

Edited by Barb Bliss

My supervisor cat loves to gently grab minis and run off with them. He has yet to damage any (he prefers Bones or my wizkids prepainted plastic ones).

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

I got my rise of moloch pledge in the mail today.  When I get to at least a reasonable painting level I will absolutely be jacked about painting them.  Such fun looking minis.

this is assuming of course that I’m meant to paint.  

@Zoxe fun fact there is even a kdm crossover mini.  Not sure how much of a completist you are :) 

Edited by tgpumpkin