5 hours ago, Barb Bliss said:

@Adam, I rolled a 585 last night at bowling.  It was my best ever (or close to it).  I've never gotten a 600 series before, so I was hoping after starting off with a 206 and a 197.  I had 6 10 pins in the last game, including in the 10th frame (strike in the 9th).  smh

My group of guys got back into bowling this year after a 5 year hiatus. I am learning that muscle memory and form for bowling does not come back to you like riding a bike. It's been a tough season so far. Well done on the 585 though! Once you start getting close, it's only a matter of time before you get to that milestone of your first 600.

1 minute ago, Adam said:

My group of guys got back into bowling this year after a 5 year hiatus. I am learning that muscle memory and form for bowling does not come back to you like riding a bike. It's been a tough season so far. Well done on the 585 though! Once you start getting close, it's only a matter of time before you get to that milestone of your first 600.

I usually have one "stupid" game that keeps me from getting it.  Usually when I've gotten "a five", it's below 550.

1 minute ago, Barb Bliss said:

I usually have one "stupid" game that keeps me from getting it.  Usually when I've gotten "a five", it's below 550.

I know that feeling well!

@Konas,   Go Green!  Go White!  Mamma's getting at least one new tee shirt.  I looked into ticket prices since Dook fans would be selling the tickets they bought because they were sure they would be in the final four.  Nose bleed tickets were only $600-700 a piece.  So, plan B is the local alumni group get together maybe.  Plan C is Emma and I getting together for hoops and cocktails.

image.png.584847376456101552511e07f5004209.png

8 hours ago, Barb Bliss said:

@Konas,   Go Green!  Go White!  Mamma's getting at least one new tee shirt.  I looked into ticket prices since Dook fans would be selling the tickets they bought because they were sure they would be in the final four.  Nose bleed tickets were only $600-700 a piece.  So, plan B is the local alumni group get together maybe.  Plan C is Emma and I getting together for hoops and cocktails.

image.png.584847376456101552511e07f5004209.png

That was an amazing game! Tillman and Cash were amazing! Goins hitting that 3 was insane.

Any one out there into the NFL Draft tonight? As a Detroit Lions fan, I regrettably admit that I am. It is the most hopeful time of the year.

4 minutes ago, Konas said:

Any one out there into the NFL Draft tonight? As a Detroit Lions fan, I regrettably admit that I am. It is the most hopeful time of the year.

As a Browns fan...it’s a strange feeling to not be at our version of the Super Bowl this year.  I’m not sure how to handle this experience.  It’s very confusing.

Just now, tgpumpkin said:

As a Browns fan...it’s a strange feeling to not be at our version of the Super Bowl this year.  I’m not sure how to handle this experience.  It’s very confusing.

Enjoy it. Were you excited when they got Mayfield last year?

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Konas said:

I am.  Not that I care about the Lions though.  I've watched for the last decade or so.  Always a fun time.  First off,  here are a bunch of kids that are achieving their dream, and to see how excited/emotional they and their families are.  It used to be the kid picked would walk out onto the stage, shake the commissioner's hand, and get his picture taken with the commissioner and the #1 jersey of the team that selected them.  Eventually one kid was too excited, and gave the commissioner a bear hug (lifting him off the floor if I remember correctly).  Now they all give the commissioner a hug (though no more plane rides).  Then there's all the talking  heads predicting what they think is going to happen.  Then there are the fans in attendance.  There are always a few picks where EVERYONE is completely mystified over.  Who's more in a dither?  Talking heads or fans in attendance.  Then watching Mel Kiper be wrong over and over never stinks either.

Edited by Barb Bliss

3 minutes ago, tgpumpkin said:

Well if you get the meat chicken job, you can do that every year with crootin.  Just stop watching come November.  Nothing good happens for meat chicken in November.

1 minute ago, Barb Bliss said:

I am.  Not that I care about the Lions though.  I've watched for the last decade or so.  Always a fun time.  First off,  here are a bunch of kids that are achieving their dream, and to see how excited/emotional they and their families are.  It used to be the kid picked would walk out onto the stage, shake the commissioner's hand, and get his picture taken with the commissioner and the #1 jersey of the team that selected them.  Eventually one kid was too excited, and gave the commissioner a bear hug (lifting him off the floor if I remember correctly.  Now they all give the commissioner a hug (though no more plane rides).  Then there's all the talking  heads predicting what they think is going to happen.  Then there are the fans in attendance.  There are always a few picks where EVERYONE is completely mystified over.  Who's more in a dither?  Talking heads or fans in attendance.  Then watching Mel Kiper be wrong over and over never stinks either.

I’m more of an NFL network gourd personally 

1 minute ago, tgpumpkin said:

I’m more of an NFL network gourd personally 

Well, if you work for meat chicken, you will probably be "coerced" to worship at the grave of Bo.

8 minutes ago, Barb Bliss said:

I am.  Not that I care about the Lions though.  I've watched for the last decade or so.  Always a fun time.  First off,  here are a bunch of kids that are achieving their dream, and to see how excited/emotional they and their families are.  It used to be the kid picked would walk out onto the stage, shake the commissioner's hand, and get his picture taken with the commissioner and the #1 jersey of the team that selected them.  Eventually one kid was too excited, and gave the commissioner a bear hug (lifting him off the floor if I remember correctly).  Now they all give the commissioner a hug (though no more plane rides).  Then there's all the talking  heads predicting what they think is going to happen.  Then there are the fans in attendance.  There are always a few picks where EVERYONE is completely mystified over.  Who's more in a dither?  Talking heads or fans in attendance.  Then watching Mel Kiper be wrong over and over never stinks either.

Hah, yes, I love watching how all of the mock drafts come to a pretty close consensus as the draft nears then it is blown apart by the actual teams and scouts. I think all of the secrecy and smokescreens work more on the mock draft writers then the other teams.

I will make a guess that my Lions will pick either a Linebacker or Lineman. Most mocks have them taking a Defensive End or the tight end, TJ Hockenbutt, or whatever his name is. I know neither of you care, just want to state it before they draft.

8 minutes ago, Barb Bliss said:

Well, if you work for meat chicken, you will probably be "coerced" to worship at the grave of Bo.

Won’t happen.  I confess though I love Rich Eisen who is a prominent grad of the chicken.  

9 minutes ago, Konas said:

I will make a guess that my Lions will pick either a Linebacker or Lineman. Most mocks have them taking a Defensive End or the tight end, TJ Hockenbutt, or whatever his name is. I know neither of you care, just want to state it before they draft.

The Vikings need the OL prospects to fall.  My guess is 1 for sure will get drafted before 18.  Most likely 2 will be picked.  Trades will cause havoc.  But, if TJ Hockenbutt is still there, they will take him.   If the OL they would be interested in 18 are gone, but Fant is there, maybe, they take Fant.  If not, will try to trade down.  They also would like to trade Waynes.  He's got just one year left on the contract, but no cap space to resign him.  So maybe they package Waynes and a one or a two pick to move up.  You never know with "Trader Rick".

Good pick for the Lions.  Good pick for the Vikings.  Award for the stupidest outfit goes to Devin Bush.

9 hours ago, Barb Bliss said:

Good pick for the Lions.  Good pick for the Vikings.  Award for the stupidest outfit goes to Devin Bush.

I agree with all of these statements. I thought he was in a sling.

43 minutes ago, Konas said:

I agree with all of these statements. I thought he was in a sling.

His butt will be in a sling if he tries to pull the kind of crap he repeatedly did at meat chicken with Mike Tomlin.