Sign in to follow this  
LuckyIke

Sports!

@tgpumpkin, Don't see Meyer surviving this scrape.  His wife being an employee of OSU pulls title 9 into the fray.  That's not good for anyone.  If that happens Tom Herman and Ed Warinner and maybe others like the AD could get sucked into the web of the lynch mob.

5 hours ago, Barb Bliss said:

@tgpumpkin, Don't see Meyer surviving this scrape.  His wife being an employee of OSU pulls title 9 into the fray.  That's not good for anyone.  If that happens Tom Herman and Ed Warinner and maybe others like the AD could get sucked into the web of the lynch mob.

I think the jury is still out though.  If it was imminent separation would have happened by now.  I’m not sure what Meyer knew (unless you have new info I don’t) 

12 hours ago, tgpumpkin said:

I think the jury is still out though.  If it was imminent separation would have happened by now.  I’m not sure what Meyer knew (unless you have new info I don’t) 

Bob Evans has pulled Meyer's ads.  Not a good sign for Urban.  Makes you wonder if OSU is already quietly looking for a replacement.

I'm not a fan of the TMZ-ish reporting (they have been disgusting, especially BSPN) or the lynch mob mentality, but when I was a kid I remember being told to not stare at a woman wearing the sunglasses in the store (in an effort to hide her bruises and swollen face).  I've seen quite a lot of social changes in my lifetime.  Some good/great like women's rights, but some bad like social media/cyber bullying.  I just hope we can hold onto innocent until proven guilty.

Posted (edited)

Holy crap!  The guy on the far right was an overweight freshman when he hit campus last summer.  Just goes to show what you can do when you are young, hit the weight room, and eat right.  Not sure how his weight has changed (fat vs muscle), but I would guess he's 40 pounds lighter.

image.thumb.png.f2af38e01ada92b4e33c995067196b52.png

Edited by Barb Bliss

I've been wondering if anyone has seen any flying pigs.  Cleveland has won a football games, so there must be flying porkers somewhere.

I knew it that will be happen here lol

The Philadelphia's mascot looks too much like the Montréal's one lol

And jokes are just begun lol :) 

1.jpg.24105569976e8be2e8dc4a82a17ea429.jpg2.jpg.87639ce583344db85b18a43100b36391.jpg

Edited by Serge Darveau

Well, just further confirms that the Flyers are terrible and the Penguins are the best, the end.

• Haha 2

Just now, Konas said:

That's hilarious! That guy is a beast.

I think he had as many tackles on the basketball court as on the football field.

I'm kind of emotional now.  Joe Mauer may have just played his last game professionally.  Home town kid who played 15 years for the team he grew up cheering for after being the #1 overall draft pick.  He was the best catcher in MLB.  Only American League catcher to ever win the batting title, and he did it three times.  Then he had 3 concussions in a few years (foul ball to the mask), and he was forced to give up catching in 2013.  He dealt with some compromised eye sight after the last concussion, and his hitting suffered a bit until it cleared up last winter.  Keeping in shape was hard because when he would work out hard, it could trigger migraines.  Through it all, he dealt with the issues with like a professional.  He was the best player of his generation, but he never got into trouble.  He never desired to be in the limelight, and didn't feel a need to date a model or movie star.  Instead he married his high school sweetheart.  Five years ago his wife had twin girls, and she's pregnant again.  Now his big contract is over and he's contemplating whether to retire or play another year.

His last year has been wonderful.  He lead the MLB in average with runners in scoring position (around 400).  In the last couple of weeks, he's hit 345.  In his last at bat, he worked the count to 3-2 and then laced a liner in the left field gap.  35 years old, he ran hard and slid into 2nd base with a double.  That same sweet swing that he's had since he first came up.  They had to stop the game for a few minutes while the fans gave him a standing ovation.  Then in the bottom of the ninth, instead of running out to first, he came out of the dugout in his catching gear and the crowd went wild.  The Twins gave him a few minutes to wave to the crowd, talk to the batter and umpire, and collect himself before sending the pitcher in from the bullpen.  The White Sox graciously let him catch one pitch without fear of a foul pitch hitting him in the head, and then he went to the mound, hugged the pitcher, waved farewell to the players and the crowd, and walked off the field for maybe the last time.  I hope he decides to do what's best for him and his family, and that includes coming back for another year.

https://www.twincities.com/2018/09/30/with-career-possibly-ending-twins-joe-mauer-taking-in-a-little-bit-more-than-i-usually-would/

Edited by Barb Bliss

We are P.... uh Michigan State!  LOL It's fun to see the air go out of a stadium like that.  I even saw a surrender cobra or two.  Next week's meat chicken vs MSU should be fun.