By Lindsey

Countdown: Action Edition

By Lindsey

Mighty Dice Back In Stock!

Sign in to follow this  
LuckyIke

Sports!

1 minute ago, Shamgar said:

Sorry guys, I've been crazy busy today and prepping to leave for WV in the morning. I was getting to it, I promise. :)

Thank you @LuckyIke for the help!

Of those, I think @Konas should have the headset since he is the 'coach' of the DMG online team. @Barb Bliss is such a passionate fan that the cheerleading one would seem most appropriate, though I could be convinced the one she chose is ok---if only to open up the cheerleading slot for @tgpumpkin. ;)

I find that plan AOK

@Shamgar @LuckyIke @Barb Bliss Let it be known tg changed his avatar promptly last night once the victory was imminent.  Let it also be known I have 29 days left 21 hours 46 minutes and counting .  I’m getting my days credit on this........

4/18/18 @ 4:20 pm cst here I come! :) 

a pumpkin always pays his bets .....

• Like 1

@tgpumpkin I like it. Very creative. I'm assuming wearing that for the next month will allow the goodness of U-M to rub off and, in the end, you'll be excited to join me in a rousing rendition of 'Hail to the Victors' ;)

Pumpkin power!

• Sad 1

Ugh, this hurts. I have never, ever in my whole life worn anything with that stupid M on it. All that work for this.

• Sad 1

15 hours ago, Barb Bliss said:

If @Konas hasn't changed his avatar by tomorrow morning, I'll have @Zoe change Mikes' to the cheer leading uniform.  Worst thing he could do is fire her yet again.

I was wondering why I was tagged in this thread. This makes sense.

(For the record, my sports are hockey, NASCAR, and any sports with dogs in it. My rookie got 11th in the Iditarod last week, the Penguins are doing pretty good, the Knights are doing even better... I'm pretty content over here.)

1 minute ago, Zoe said:

(For the record, my sports are hockey, NASCAR, and any sports with dogs in it. My rookie got 11th in the Iditarod last week, the Penguins are doing pretty good, the Knights are doing even better... I'm pretty content over here.)

I never got the appeal for nascar, but can see the appeal of hockey.  I kind of soured on hockey when the North Stars were whisked away to Dallas of all places.  I haven't been to a game since.  When in college, I went to an MSU game and sat in the corner, right up on the glass with my evil sister.  My only other memories of the game is yelling to the other team's goalie that his mother was a colander, and everyone pounding on the glass when an opposing player's face was up against it.  I went to a couple of North Star games in the early 80's.  The most memorable thing about it was my introduction to "makes my face hurt" north wind when walking to the car after the game.  This was back before global warming.  I don't remember the temperature out, but it was below zero.  This fierce wind gust blasted into my face as I was breathing in and my sinuses cramped or something.  God as my witness, it really hurt.  I had to hold my mittens over my face until we got out of the wind.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Barb Bliss said:

I never got the appeal for nascar, but can see the appeal of hockey.  I kind of soured on hockey when the North Stars were whisked away to Dallas of all places.  I haven't been to a game since.  When in college, I went to an MSU game and sat in the corner, right up on the glass with my evil sister.  My only other memories of the game is yelling to the other team's goalie that his mother was a colander, and everyone pounding on the glass when an opposing player's face was up against it.  I went to a couple of North Star games in the early 80's.  The most memorable thing about it was my introduction to "makes my face hurt" north wind when walking to the car after the game.  This was back before global warming.  I don't remember the temperature out, but it was below zero.  This fierce wind gust blasted into my face as I was breathing in and my sinuses cramped or something.  God as my witness, it really hurt.  I had to hold my mittens over my face until we got out of the wind.

I enjoy (human) sports where it's legal to rough-house (I guess it's not entirely legal in NASCAR... but whatever). In truth, my physicist background is what makes me enjoy the cars going around in circles. And that you don't really have to pay attention for most of it, just have it on in the background.

You called his mother a colander?!

It took me entirely too long after moving to the northeast to wear a gosh dang hat and scarf when it got into the teens or below. My cheeks practically bleed in cold wind. My face is none too happy right now with the back and forth with the weather.

1 minute ago, Zoe said:

I enjoy (human) sports where it's legal to rough-house (I guess it's not entirely legal in NASCAR... but whatever). In truth, my physicist background is what makes me enjoy the cars going around in circles. And that you don't really have to pay attention for most of it, just have it on in the background.

You called his mother a colander?!

It took me entirely too long after moving to the northeast to wear a gosh dang hat and scarf when it got into the teens or below. My cheeks practically bleed in cold wind. My face is none too happy right now with the back and forth with the weather.

I'm with you on the weather.  Yesterday it was 45 degrees.  This morning it's snowing.

15 minutes ago, Barb Bliss said:

When I was at MSU we use to climb to the roof of that arena and drink beers watching the sun come up. It was sunk in the ground and had a metal roof with diagonal slats that made it easy to climb right up it. Plus, once you were up there you could see everything. Including the campus police well before they got close.

5 minutes ago, Konas said:

When I was at MSU we use to climb to the roof of that arena and drink beers watching the sun come up. It was sunk in the ground and had a metal roof with diagonal slats that made it easy to climb right up it. Plus, once you were up there you could see everything. Including the campus police well before they got close.

I seem to recall an episode of "borrowing" a cafeteria tray and trying to slide down that roof after a huge snow storm.  Probably not the stupidest thing I ever tried, but it's up there.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Barb Bliss said:

I seem to recall an episode of "borrowing" a cafeteria tray and trying to slide down that roof after a huge snow storm.  Probably not the stupidest thing I ever tried, but it's up there.

Yeah,  I have a few stories. None that I am willing to post in public. Just in case I want to run for office someday.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Konas said:

Yeah,  I have a few stories. None that I am willing to post in public. Just in case I want to run for office someday.

Thankfully, that ship has sailed for me.  It's a slow canter back to the barn for me.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Zoe said:

I get my hockey news from my sister, who worked for the Wild for a number of years.  She’s moving on to work for the Raiders so it’ll be quite the change of scenery for her.

My favorites to watch are baseball, college basketball, and pro football.  I discovered rugby sevens on accident flipping channels and enjoy that when it’s around.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, LuckyIke said:

I get my hockey news from my sister, who worked for the Wild for a number of years.  She’s moving on to work for the Raiders so it’ll be quite the change of scenery for her.

My favorites to watch are baseball, college basketball, and pro football.  I discovered rugby sevens on accident flipping channels and enjoy that when it’s around.

I'm curious how the Raiders' new coach is going to change things.  The first time around, I really loved how the fans latched onto how much he looked like the Chuckie doll.  I thought it was epic.  My favorite was Chuckie doll dressed in a Raiders jersey, swinging from a stick with a noose around its neck.  When he was doing the draft analysis gig, he really like MSU's old QB Connor Cook.  We'll see if that was just TV or if he really meant it.

The Twins are going to make some noise this year, I think.  The young players are fun to watch, and they got 2 new pitchers (plus one back from injury).

And how could I forget about Kirk Cousins coming to the Vikings!

Edited by Barb Bliss
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Barb Bliss said:

I'm curious how the Raiders' new coach is going to change things.  The first time around, I really loved how the fans latched onto how much he looked like the Chuckie doll.  I thought it was epic.  My favorite was Chuckie doll dressed in a Raiders jersey, swinging from a stick with a noose around its neck.  When he was doing the draft analysis gig, he really like MSU's old QB Connor Cook.  We'll see if that was just TV or if he really meant it.

The Twins are going to make some noise this year, I think.  The young players are fun to watch, and they got 2 new pitchers (plus one back from injury).

And how could I forget about Kirk Cousins coming to the Vikings!

I will be interested to see how the fully guaranteed Cousins contract impacts the league in the coming years. 

Just now, LuckyIke said:

I will be interested to see how the fully guaranteed Cousins contract impacts the league in the coming years. 

There is a lot of speculation around here that Cousins coming here at this point in his career is like when Drew Brees came to NO.  I hope they are right.  Anyway Cousins is out of the clown car and now in Minnie where I can watch him every week.  One thing to keep in mind is that the Vikings contract wasn't his most money contract.  That was the Jets.

55 minutes ago, Barb Bliss said:

There is a lot of speculation around here that Cousins coming here at this point in his career is like when Drew Brees came to NO.  I hope they are right.  Anyway Cousins is out of the clown car and now in Minnie where I can watch him every week.  One thing to keep in mind is that the Vikings contract wasn't his most money contract.  That was the Jets.

I can’t blame him for not wanting to jump from one high-pressure dumpster fire to another.  Vikings is a much better spot for him than the Jets.

1 minute ago, LuckyIke said:

I can’t blame him for not wanting to jump from one high-pressure dumpster fire to another.  Vikings is a much better spot for him than the Jets.

I feel sorry for the QB that the Browns are going to draft.  How many QBs have they chewed up and spit out?

7 minutes ago, Shamgar said:

So, @Konas @tgpumpkin @Barb Bliss  from the beginning at least of the game it appears your avatar change was well-timed and helpful. Thanks for your support!

I admit that team sure had a solid first half 

9 hours ago, Shamgar said:

I suppose you would have to admit that @tgpumpkin. Not bad 2nd half either... ;)

GO BLUE!!!!

I didn't watch the game, but I saw that Loyola won again.  That nun must have the ear of the fella upstairs.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Barb Bliss said:

I didn't watch the game, but I saw that Loyola won again.  That nun must have the ear of the fella upstairs.

For sure! I know I’m rooting for them throughout the rest of this tourney.  What a nun run they are having!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Shamgar said:

I suppose you would have to admit that @tgpumpkin. Not bad 2nd half either... ;)

GO BLUE!!!!

Congrats on a crushing win. 

• Like 1