Sign in to follow this  
LuckyIke

Sports!

I live in Ann Arbor. Between St. Patrick's Day and the tourney it was already crazy, but with this win it's truly nuts here right now.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, LuckyIke said:

Holy cow what a finish!

Houston sure messed up the end of that game.  When you're on the foul line with the ability to ice the game, you stick a dagger in their heart.  If that doesn't work, then found the shooter before they have a chance to shoot.

2 hours ago, tgpumpkin said:

@Shamgar damn it!!!! ;) 

congrats,  love and hate March madness for games like this.  

Now if you’ll excuse me let’s go green ....right @Barb Bliss ;) 

Go White!

Posted (edited)

@Barb Bliss I can't disagree. There was some...interesting...decision making on both sides of the ball in the last few minutes of the game.

Funny thing is, as much as it pains me in some ways, I'm actually rooting (quietly/a bit) for MSU today v. Syracuse and believe they'll win.

Edited by Shamgar

1 minute ago, Shamgar said:

@Barb Bliss I can't disagree. There was some...interesting...decision making on both sides of the ball in the last few minutes of the game.

Funny thing is, as much as it pains me in some ways, I'm actually rooting (quietly/a bit) for MSU today v. Syracuse and believe they'll win.

Thanks!  I have on my Sparty shirt, socks, and sweatshirt and I'm drinking out of one of my Sparty mugs.  When they win today, I'll have had a hand in it.

4 hours ago, Barb Bliss said:

Thanks!  I have on my Sparty shirt, socks, and sweatshirt and I'm drinking out of one of my Sparty mugs.  When they win today, I'll have had a hand in it.

Looks like all your gear helped provide a little extra magic that MSU banked on at the end of the half.

Posted (edited)

I blame @Konas for this idea............. ;) 

a loooooong month awaits us.....................

Edited by tgpumpkin

58 minutes ago, tgpumpkin said:

I blame @Konas for this idea............. ;) 

a loooooong month awaits us.....................

I do too.  Frickin @Konas.  I recorded the game, but I guess I'll just delete it now.  At least I won Barkers Row.

13 hours ago, Barb Bliss said:

I do too.  Frickin @Konas.  I recorded the game, but I guess I'll just delete it now.  At least I won Barkers Row.

Ugh. I blame myself as well. Hmmm, maybe @Shamgar will forget this bet was ever made...

That was a rough one. Hard to say they didn't limp to the finish when they missed their last 14 shots. 14!!!!

@Barb Bliss I am only hoping that the loss was so devastating that they all come back next year

1 minute ago, Konas said:

@Barb Bliss I am only hoping that the loss was so devastating that they all come back next year

I can't see Bridges coming back.  But Jaren Jackson is still so young (just recently turned 18), that maybe he and  his parents decide to let him continue to mature with Izzo for another year.  I think Ward has shown he's not ready for the NBA yet, but he may prefer to make money overseas vs going to class.

18 minutes ago, Konas said:

Ugh. I blame myself as well. Hmmm, maybe @Shamgar will forget this bet was ever made...

That was a rough one. Hard to say they didn't limp to the finish when they missed their last 14 shots. 14!!!!

Ouch.  On to recruiting season.  A ton of good players in Michigan and Ohio this year.

I suspect I'm unlikely to forget. We need all the Maize and Blue we can have in place before this week's games! So glad all of the 'fans' here on the boards will be representing! ;)

That said, we will have to play better this coming week or my tears will join those of @Konas.  There, there. Just let it out buddy. It'll be ok...next year.

11 minutes ago, Shamgar said:

I suspect I'm unlikely to forget. We need all the Maize and Blue we can have in place before this week's games! So glad all of the 'fans' here on the boards will be representing! ;)

That said, we will have to play better this coming week or my tears will join those of @Konas.  There, there. Just let it out buddy. It'll be ok...next year.

You can all take comfort that your teams weren't Pitt this year (0 and 18 in the conference for the first time in their history :) )

BTW - I'm not a Pitt fan.. just that's all that has been on the news here over the past week or so. (well ok - that and UMBC ousting Va.. but THAT deserved to be mentioned)

1 minute ago, Thomas Browne said:

You can all take comfort that your teams weren't Pitt this year (0 and 18 in the conference for the first time in their history :) )

BTW - I'm not a Pitt fan.. just that's all that has been on the news here over the past week or so. (well ok - that and UMBC ousting Va.. but THAT deserved to be mentioned)

I bet Pitt regrets kicking their last coach to the curb because he kept coming in around 4th place.

Since some parties are dragging their paws on holding up their end of the bet, here are some potential options. @Shamgar , any favorites?

10FEC3BB-F832-40B4-A09F-D343C1ED78D7.jpeg.234d8266f050393f21f568ba068d2551.jpegD293DC57-F710-477A-9AE4-10EFE2EE9ABB.jpeg.df5dc336c7aa764c3023cdeabdae4c4b.jpeg464007FA-1889-41DB-A5DD-86FEFD54453F.jpeg.eb0951cacade364df6d4ea7ecc112ff4.jpeg5CAC2613-9279-42B4-A8FE-BF281048EA92.jpeg.2bce9866cbdea584be93585b0e1c7a6f.jpegE467B797-3A8D-45D3-B1CA-37AB506E85C4.jpeg.128f95b8385945c4adb12945a58c9da5.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Barb Bliss said:

I bet Pitt regrets kicking their last coach to the curb because he kept coming in around 4th place.

You're giving Pitt more credit than I do :D

And Pitt is one of my alma maters.

1 hour ago, LuckyIke said:

Since some parties are dragging their paws on holding up their end of the bet, here are some potential options. @Shamgar , any favorites?

10FEC3BB-F832-40B4-A09F-D343C1ED78D7.jpeg.234d8266f050393f21f568ba068d2551.jpegD293DC57-F710-477A-9AE4-10EFE2EE9ABB.jpeg.df5dc336c7aa764c3023cdeabdae4c4b.jpeg464007FA-1889-41DB-A5DD-86FEFD54453F.jpeg.eb0951cacade364df6d4ea7ecc112ff4.jpeg5CAC2613-9279-42B4-A8FE-BF281048EA92.jpeg.2bce9866cbdea584be93585b0e1c7a6f.jpegE467B797-3A8D-45D3-B1CA-37AB506E85C4.jpeg.128f95b8385945c4adb12945a58c9da5.jpeg

I had been waiting for @Shamgar to provide my avatar, but I can make the change to one of these if he's ok with it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Barb Bliss said:

I had been waiting for @Shamgar to provide my avatar, but I can make the change to one of these if he's ok with it.

Glasses and headset!!! That one @Barb Bliss!!! It’s fantastic. 

4 minutes ago, ElysianPeace said:

Glasses and headset!!! That one @Barb Bliss!!! It’s fantastic. 

It was either keep up with the puppy theme or get the cheer leading outfit.  I decided to keep the sniffing to a minimum, so I went with puppy.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Barb Bliss said:

It was either keep up with the puppy theme or get the cheer leading outfit.  I decided to keep the sniffing to a minimum, so I went with puppy.

If @Konas hasn't changed his avatar by tomorrow morning, I'll have @Zoe change Mikes' to the cheer leading uniform.  Worst thing he could do is fire her yet again.

• Like 1

Sorry guys, I've been crazy busy today and prepping to leave for WV in the morning. I was getting to it, I promise. :)

Thank you @LuckyIke for the help!

Of those, I think @Konas should have the headset since he is the 'coach' of the DMG online team. @Barb Bliss is such a passionate fan that the cheerleading one would seem most appropriate, though I could be convinced the one she chose is ok---if only to open up the cheerleading slot for @tgpumpkin. ;)