Sign in to follow this  
LuckyIke

Sports!

Just now, LuckyIke said:

@Barb Bliss I also rather loathe Syracuse.  The Carrier Dome is a dump of a place to watch a ball game too.  They always seemed to have our number during the years I was in school.

@Shamgar I agree, he did a really good job considering the circumstances.

That was totally worth staying up a bit late for!  G’nite DMG’ers! 

Nighty night.  I'll be hitting the rack soon.  Just want to see the end of the TCU game.

Good night all. Glad I stayed up as well even though the boy and I have class and progress check for karate tomorrow and I should be semi-responsible and get some rest. 

1 hour ago, Barb Bliss said:

I think he's about to become a Spartan fan.  :D

Up 4 with 10 mins left.....I’m okay :)

1 minute ago, tgpumpkin said:

Up 4 with 10 mins left.....I’m okay :)

Nice comeback!  8 minutes left though.

And it’s slipping away.  Well....at least I have a shot that you two can still lose :) 

15 minutes ago, LuckyIke said:

What’s the tiebreaker criteria for your bet?

First ranked opponent and then margin of loss.  I got beat by a higher opponent so if these two lose I believe that means I can still win :) 

23 minutes ago, tgpumpkin said:

I suppose I should prepare for something like this though ;) 

F7838CCC-D11F-458F-A588-CABA5AFF82D3.jpeg

Or, god forbid...one for each of the three of you should @Shamgar prevail:8A4D1185-B7D3-47FE-AFB8-5A239D32B631.jpeg.bc3adf3e4c1376a8d501b2dd28589a59.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

28 minutes ago, tgpumpkin said:

First ranked opponent and then margin of loss.  I got beat by a higher opponent so if these two lose I believe that means I can still win :) 

That is correct.  Houston is a 6 seed, and Syracuse is an 11 seed.

I'm sorry, @Barb Bliss but it appears you have an error in your post. Pretty sure you meant, "Repeat after me: Go Blue!" :)

Filling the boards with University of Michigan avatars is the right thing to do. Trust me.

That said, Houston is no pushover and we have work to do!

1 minute ago, Shamgar said:

I'm sorry, @Barb Bliss but it appears you have an error in your post. Pretty sure you meant, "Repeat after me: Go Blue!" :)

Filling the boards with University of Michigan avatars is the right thing to do. Trust me.

1 minute ago, Shamgar said:

I get to host games tomorrow, so I'll be asleep (maybe) before your game finishes.  I watched the beginning.  Another slow start.  I hope they never try to finish a week earlier again.

Sleep well and have fun tomorrow. 

I agree about the layoff. I believe I heard the Big 10 execs saying in a recent interview they won't do that again, but it was more about how compressed the schedule became late in the year.

Houston has been a tough game so far. And Gray is a beast. Even a hint of daylight and he is money.

3 minutes ago, Shamgar said:

Sleep well and have fun tomorrow. 

I agree about the layoff. I believe I heard the Big 10 execs saying in a recent interview they won't do that again, but it was more about how compressed the schedule became late in the year.

Houston has been a tough game so far. And Gray is a beast. Even a hint of daylight and he is money.

Having these kids playing 3 games in 8 days is stupid.

Agreed.

If we want to beat Houston, Michigan needs to get it together. Much tougher without our best player (tough/questionable call by the refs) and with Gray flipping the switch to get 1/2 of their team points, but my fingers are still crossed.

4 minutes ago, Shamgar said:

Agreed.

If we want to beat Houston, Michigan needs to get it together. Much tougher without our best player (tough/questionable call by the refs) and with Gray flipping the switch to get 1/2 of their team points, but my fingers are still crossed.

What a lucky shot by Robinson!  Only 5 minutes left.  Maybe I will stay up, but definitely getting tired.

Lots of foul trouble. The end of this game should be interesting if nothing else.

Posted (edited)

HOLY WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Crazy insane (and happy for Shamgar) finish!!!

Edited by Shamgar