Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Konas

Wooden Dice!

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, Serge Darveau said:

Small dice for a big box lol :) 

Bubinga :) 

38232024_1811699068886076_1623799651398320128_n.jpg.b0a53b31859b0e867b87e0d3256481f2.jpg38392156_1811698942219422_5656591685405114368_n.jpg.beb28f19fe8da14b42606a384752ba08.jpg38424598_1811698868886096_2686178654085447680_n.jpg.74147867e910bd6c28910c1e103d75ad.jpg

I got a set of "slightly flawed" D6 dice.  I've thrown all of them at once about 20 times.  Not one single "1" has shown up yet.  Now if I could get a D20 that never rolled a "1", I'd really have something.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Barb Bliss said:

I got a set of "slightly flawed" D6 dice.  I've thrown all of them at once about 20 times.  Not one single "1" has shown up yet.  Now if I could get a D20 that never rolled a "1", I'd really have something.

I know people who would pay good money for a d20 like that!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a suggestion for a wood species to add to your lineup. Rowan tree (Sorbus aucuparia)! The modern name is Mountain Ash. The Asian\European variety not the North American variety. 

This species is very significant in Celtic, and Norse mythology and lore. NOBODY else sells any Rowan dice that I can find. I'd buy some tomorrow if I could. 

Here is one link talking about it's significance: https://thepresenttree.com/blogs/news/rowan-tree-meaning

Here is a link to a celtic legend about a particular island that contained a Rowan Tree. The ruin's of my clan's ancestral castle is on that island!  I recently went to Scotland boated out to the island and climbed up to the castle ruins.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fraoch_Eilean,_Loch_Awe

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎8‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 1:16 PM, Bacon McBeardy said:

I have a suggestion for a wood species to add to your lineup. Rowan tree (Sorbus aucuparia)! The modern name is Mountain Ash. The Asian\European variety not the North American variety. 

This species is very significant in Celtic, and Norse mythology and lore. NOBODY else sells any Rowan dice that I can find. I'd buy some tomorrow if I could. 

Here is one link talking about it's significance: https://thepresenttree.com/blogs/news/rowan-tree-meaning

Here is a link to a celtic legend about a particular island that contained a Rowan Tree. The ruin's of my clan's ancestral castle is on that island!  I recently went to Scotland boated out to the island and climbed up to the castle ruins.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fraoch_Eilean,_Loch_Awe

 

Every time I hear about Rowan wood I think of Harry Potter haha

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Lindsey said:

Every time I hear about Rowan wood I think of Harry Potter haha

My first d&d group had a cleric named Rowena.  That's what I think of first.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×