Sign in to follow this  
Konas

Wooden Dice!

Getting old stinks.  My memory isn't what it used to be.  Turns out I bought a grandillo die after a big glass of gin.IMG_0238.thumb.JPG.1c18ec7f13fb96e09f015419572dd16b.JPG

p.s. popcorn sheaf for dark bloodwood polys.

p.p.s.  I need a lumberjack to fix my table.

IMG_0239.thumb.JPG.b7fc193a4d3945bfe9b01448909ece0d.JPG

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Barb Bliss said:

Getting old stinks.  My memory isn't what it used to be.  Turns out I bought a grandillo die after a big glass of gin.IMG_0238.thumb.JPG.1c18ec7f13fb96e09f015419572dd16b.JPG

p.s. popcorn sheaf for dark bloodwood polys.

p.p.s.  I need a lumberjack to fix my table.

IMG_0239.thumb.JPG.b7fc193a4d3945bfe9b01448909ece0d.JPG

Popcorn Maple sheath looks nice. How many dice are you up to now? If you want some table envy go look at the “woodworking” thread. 

Edit: never mind! Saw you already checked the pics out.

Edited by LuckyIke

2 minutes ago, LuckyIke said:

Popcorn Maple sheath looks nice. How many dice are you up to now? If you want some table envy go look at the “woodworking” thread. 

Edit: never mind! Saw you already checked the pics out.

Dark bloodwood polys, pink ivory/elephant die, and 11 D20.  My pumpkin dice box can hold one more die.  I could move the D6 to the sheaf if I can snag a Pau Rosa D20.  

I won’t be around for the dice drop tomorrow.  Sad I won’t have a shot at the pau rosa, but hope all you crazies get your hearts’ content worth!  Someone please snag some screen grabs so I can have @tgpumpkin -style remorse and lament all the missed opportunities ;)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LuckyIke said:

I won’t be around for the dice drop tomorrow.  Sad I won’t have a shot at the pau rosa, but hope all you crazies get your hearts’ content worth!  Someone please snag some screen grabs so I can have @tgpumpkin -style remorse and lament all the missed opportunities ;)

Lol I think I’ve reached the “acceptance” stage that I simply cannot compete with any of the wonderful people in here.  And I’m okay with that......

• Like 1

Bocote and Chakte Preto! I decided to follow the throw a plastic for size tactic!

also here’s Canarywood boulder pt1 soon to be renamed! The boulder fits in my hand so well! It’s very fun to play around with.

D98F62CF-4A93-4E47-B129-AF4FD0D0ADE4.jpeg

E2B69B0F-A4BE-4E2B-9DF4-8E4F0906CAEC.jpeg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ElysianPeace said:

Bocote and Chakte Preto! I decided to follow the throw a plastic for size tactic!

also here’s Canarywood boulder pt1 soon to be renamed! The boulder fits in my hand so well! It’s very fun to play around with.

Missed that boulder by "this much".  Probably a good thing you won out.  I'm hoping a Pau Rosa makes an appearance one of these days.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Barb Bliss said:

Missed that boulder by "this much".  Probably a good thing you won out.  I'm hoping a Pau Rosa makes an appearance one of these days.

Pau Rosa would be pretty! I don’t doubt there will be more boulders, but I’m glad I got what I did. 

8 hours ago, ElysianPeace said:

Nice boulder, looks to be a D60 size :) 

On 3/23/2018 at 2:33 PM, ElysianPeace said:

Those boulders really do feel great in your hand! I wasn't hugely into the metal ones, but a wood one is definitely up my alley.

3 hours ago, Zoe said:

Those boulders really do feel great in your hand! I wasn't hugely into the metal ones, but a wood one is definitely up my alley.

I liked regular or metal boulders and dice, but the feel of wood is way better to me! And unlike my amythest dice wood doesn’t make me nervous. It’s actually been the same opinion of everyone I’ve let play with them. Though some people seem a bit bashful when you hand them nice things. 

• Like 1

Just checking...do all of the new wooden dice fit in the honeycomb sheeth spaces?  Except the bolders obviously.

2 hours ago, yatescory said:

Just checking...do all of the new wooden dice fit in the honeycomb sheeth spaces?  Except the bolders obviously.

I tested everyone! The d12 is a little tight (not tight like I had to wedge it in there or anything it went in and came out fine, but it’s definitly as large as it can be), but everything fits and the lid closed no problem. No worries on this end. 

image.jpg

• Like 6

15 hours ago, ElysianPeace said:

I tested everyone! The d12 is a little tight (not tight like I had to wedge it in there or anything it went in and came out fine, but it’s definitly as large as it can be), but everything fits and the lid closed no problem. No worries on this end. 

image.jpg

Oh my gosh, thank you for having all the supplies in order to do this. I was searching through our Dragon Sheath stock but everything is interior B, E, L, etc., no honeycombs! Thank you for testing that. :)

On 3/28/2018 at 5:26 AM, Zoe said:

Oh my gosh, thank you for having all the supplies in order to do this. I was searching through our Dragon Sheath stock but everything is interior B, E, L, etc., no honeycombs! Thank you for testing that. :)

Glad to help! My only different ones are I and M with sporadic H access(the sparty/box sheath made it to my friend and he said it was too nice for him). I’ve been eyeing C and G so those’ll be something I get to eventually. 

• Like 1

Another long overdue set of pics.  I may have gone overboard, with more on the way...76EFEB13-F8F3-41A5-B2BB-C5C92158354A.thumb.jpeg.ed4f9c8cb5653b2b9f72990560171cf3.jpeg

Left is African Blackwood, top Pau Rosa, right Chacate Preto, center Osage Orange. Bottom two are a Cocobolo and Pau Rosa D20

8163C971-5619-4BBC-A56E-203971F3428A.thumb.jpeg.25295f6dc5f905b78efac0ec125beb4e.jpeg

Another shot of the Pau Rosa and Chacate Preto

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, LuckyIke said:

Another long overdue set of pics.  I may have gone overboard, with more on the way...76EFEB13-F8F3-41A5-B2BB-C5C92158354A.thumb.jpeg.ed4f9c8cb5653b2b9f72990560171cf3.jpeg

Left is African Blackwood, top Pau Rosa, right Chacate Preto, center Osage Orange. Bottom two are a Cocobolo and Pau Rosa D20

8163C971-5619-4BBC-A56E-203971F3428A.thumb.jpeg.25295f6dc5f905b78efac0ec125beb4e.jpeg

That's a fine looking collection Ike.  Which wood are the dice trays made out of?

1 hour ago, Barb Bliss said:

That's a fine looking collection Ike.  Which wood are the dice trays made out of?

Thanks Barb!  The rolling tray is Bubinga, the Viking Dragon is Benge.

12 minutes ago, LuckyIke said:

Thanks Barb!  The rolling tray is Bubinga, the Viking Dragon is Benge.

Nice.  @Zoe would approve.

I decided that discretion was the better part of valor.  Instead of tempting 9-13 more inches of snow, I'd stay home, crack a bottle of wine, and try the solo play of Monsters and Minions (Roll Player). 

• Like 1

@Zoe, Beautiful wood, and a good example why occluded/battle scared woods should probably just remain engraved.

On 4/14/2018 at 12:40 PM, LuckyIke said:

Thanks to Zoe's post, I got another look at this fine collection.  Still stunning.