Sign in to follow this  
Konas

Wooden Dice!

25 minutes ago, Zoxe said:

Finally back in front of a laptop and not just my phone.  Has been a crazy week followed by a long weekend out of town.

Here are my Yucatan Rosewood Polys.  Was one of the initial offerings before the public release.  The green inlays aren't for everyone but I love them.  First picture is on our bay windowsill in natural light on a sunny day.  Second picture is in my photo booth and a little diffused lighting (nothing fancy).

As advertised, they are light in the hand, but have a much more pleasing texture compared to boring plastic.  

We have another D20 that arrived Friday, but I scrammed out the door to make our weekend commitment and only just opened it.  It's intended for Mrs. Zoxe, so she needs to see it before I post pics. :)

IMG_20180310_115341.thumb.jpg.6913376457740aafcb312606f6641197.jpgIMG_20180310_115829.thumb.jpg.2647a7348403485cfeb607b4d4fe1d6c.jpg

They are stunning @Zoxe.   This BoRo lover gives 2 thumbs up!

I'm having dice fantasies thinking about what's in the next dice drop.  DMG hasn't disappointed me yet.

47 minutes ago, Zoxe said:

Finally back in front of a laptop and not just my phone.  Has been a crazy week followed by a long weekend out of town.

Here are my Yucatan Rosewood Polys.  Was one of the initial offerings before the public release.  The green inlays aren't for everyone but I love them.  First picture is on our bay windowsill in natural light on a sunny day.  Second picture is in my photo booth and a little diffused lighting (nothing fancy).

As advertised, they are light in the hand, but have a much more pleasing texture compared to boring plastic.  

We have another D20 that arrived Friday, but I scrammed out the door to make our weekend commitment and only just opened it.  It's intended for Mrs. Zoxe, so she needs to see it before I post pics. :)

IMG_20180310_115341.thumb.jpg.6913376457740aafcb312606f6641197.jpgIMG_20180310_115829.thumb.jpg.2647a7348403485cfeb607b4d4fe1d6c.jpg

Pretty! Honestly I think the green inlay works really well! 

New arrivals: Tambootie, Leopardwood, and Pink Ivory/Pink Elephant D6.  Note: something rotated the picture 90 degrees.  >:(

IMG_0235.thumb.JPG.d68cb7f312cac5c00567d49c66913611.JPG

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

I forgot which woods i bought lol, @Zoe a little help?? Pretty sure the middlemone is bloodwood, but can’t recall the others

B2D659F8-4841-4EE2-A5E2-1AE005B844E5.jpeg

Edited by Peter Pickle

11 minutes ago, Peter Pickle said:

I forgot which woods i bought lol, @Zoe a little help?? Pretty sure the middlemone is bloodwood, but can’t recall the others

The one on the right looks like olivewood.

On the left - looks like it might be a pale yucatan rosewood.

12 minutes ago, Peter Pickle said:

Eric, my guesses would be rosewood, bloodwood, and olive or marble wood on the right.

1 minute ago, Thomas Browne said:

The one on the right looks like olivewood.

On the left - looks like it might be a pale yucatan rosewood.

I think there is an echo in here :-)

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Barb Bliss said:

I think there is an echo in here :-)

I need to get pics of my dice done.

I'm a bit surprised how difficult it is for me to tell the difference between the Tambootie and the dark Olivewood set that I picked up (and that's assuming I've got them correct to begin with) :D

Just now, Thomas Browne said:

I need to get pics of my dice done.

I'm a bit surprised how difficult it is for me to tell the difference between the Tambootie and the dark Olivewood set that I picked up (and that's assuming I've got them correct to begin with) :D

I had that problem with my Ziricote and Chacate Preto.  But I'm giving myself a pass because according to Mike "It is visually almost identical to Ziricote"

1 minute ago, Barb Bliss said:

I had that problem with my Ziricote and Chacate Preto.  But I'm giving myself a pass because according to Mike "It is visually almost identical to Ziricote"

I'm pretty sure I have them right.  I just was surprised how dark the olivewood set is, given the color of most of the olivewood dice.

I'm expecting another die today or tomorrow, but here's my stash so far, minus the Chacate Preto which has found a new home with Jaemus. 

image.png.c6157f7af9bfd20cd761dde2a91e5952.png

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Thomas Browne said:

I'm pretty sure I have them right.  I just was surprised how dark the olivewood set is, given the color of most of the olivewood dice.

I'm still a little annoyed I missed out on the dark olive set.  You beat me by about 10 seconds!  But I ended up with my dark bloodwood set, so it work out good for everyone.

Edited by Barb Bliss

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Barb Bliss said:

I'm expecting another die today or tomorrow, but here's my stash so far, minus the Chacate Preto which has found a new home with Jaemus. 

Nice collection.  More woods than I have at the moment in them.

But I do have two full poly sets (Tambootie and Olivewood) and 6 singles (Blackwood, Bloodwood, Yucatan Rosewood, Chacate Preto, Timborana and Bocote).

Edited by Thomas Browne
forgot that Timborana and Yucatan

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Barb Bliss said:

I'm still a little annoyed I missed out on the dark olive set.  You beat me by about 10 seconds!

You definitely had your shot.  That was up for almost quite a bit before I bought that one.  I think almost a day in fact

Edited by Thomas Browne

You definitely had your shot.  That was up for almost a full day before I bought that one.

I know.  But then we both tried to pull the trigger at the same time.   Weird.

1 minute ago, Barb Bliss said:

I know.  But then we both tried to pull the trigger at the same time.   Weird.

I didn't realize we had raced on that.

I knew I raced on the Tambootie set, and some of the d20s.

2 minutes ago, Thomas Browne said:

Nice collection.  More woods than I have at the moment in them.

But I do have two full poly sets (Tambootie and Olivewood) and 4 singles (Blackwood, Bloodwood, Chacate Preto and Bocote).

I ended up having a lot of favorites.  The mulberry was a cool surprise as the picture was all sap wood.  The redwood really shines.  The leopardwood is sick.  

7 minutes ago, Barb Bliss said:

Wowsa that’s quite a collection you are amassing!  I like the variety  you’ve got going.  What’s left on your want list?

I didn't realize we had raced on that.

I knew I raced on the Tambootie set, and some of the d20s.

I got an email message from a DMG mole that I missed out.

1 minute ago, LuckyIke said:

Wowsa that’s quite a collection you are amassing!  I like the variety  you’ve got going.  What’s left on your want list?

Pau Rosa! :D

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Peter Pickle said:

Now that I'm back at work, I looked up the receipts, so they are (L-R) Bubinga, Bloodwood, Marblewood

Wow - we still suck at this apparently after all this time.

2 minutes ago, Barb Bliss said:

I got an email message from a DMG mole that I missed out.

@Zoe!! I thought we had a deal!!!

Oh wait - did I just say that out loud.  Never mind everyone.. nothing to see here.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, LuckyIke said:

Chakte Viga is the one that's coming today or tomorrow (plus a sheaf for my bloodwood polys).  Pau Rosa is on my to do list.  And I'm working on @Konas for another pink elephant D6.

Edited by Barb Bliss