Sign in to follow this  
Konas

Wooden Dice!

12 minutes ago, tgpumpkin said:

DAAAAAMMMNNNNN ;)  I wasn't ready for this image to be NSFW :P BOCO FOR LIFE!!!!

You may need to consult someone about your addiction to Boco. ?

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, ElysianPeace said:

You may need to consult someone about your addiction to Boco. ?

Some BoRo injection? 

bd4320fdb00ae54734318da45ba1a159--action-pumpkin-ideas.jpg.d5209c6213e69fcac82b7943a2758106.jpg

Peter, that''s very helpful to see the comparison.  They are only slightly bigger. Glad to see that, though having a HUGE one would be fun also.

17 hours ago, RomyCat said:

Peter, that''s very helpful to see the comparison.  They are only slightly bigger. Glad to see that, though having a HUGE one would be fun also.

I think the bigger difference is in the d6's honestly

Several dice have arrived!  I took two different angles so you could see more of the dice surfaces.  The mystery die had a pleasant surprise on the other side.  The dice are (upper left and going clockwise): Timborana, Bocote, <it's a mystery - @Konas what the heck is this cool beauty?>, Angelique

image.png.4df72b15486240680dc9506fba984d2f.pngimage.png.14cdf8bd8fe63832a12d74c34f815f0d.png

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

More!  And yes, I'm obsessive compulsive.  There was a noticeable size difference between dies in the top row, but the Ziricote is the larger die, so I'm not complaining (or did I get them mixed up???).  All roll well.

Ziricote, Chacate Preto, and Costa Rican Colobolo (aka the Konas Killer).

image.png.b94fa038620ac154bd26fc75365b480f.pngimage.png.f0a402db18daa5884e058acfc791cb92.png

Edited by Barb Bliss
  • Like 2

More!  And yes, some of these are gifts...  Note: check out the "autographed by @Konas" box!

My Dark Bloodwood in packaging, Redheart, and Light Yucatan Rosewood.  Note: the Rosewood was shown as being light, but I'm not put of by the weight of this die at all.

image.png.70db70ca3f3ef3a1ce22966b5b43c220.pngimage.png.1bb650a8be6e7ca32ea3256db1600b91.png

• Like 4

Wow @Barb Bliss you went all out!!  I see a definite preference for reds and dark tones in your selections.  Was the Chacate Preto the outlier in size, i.e. were the rest pretty consistent?  Some variation is to be expected with the very early prototypes of course.  The packaging for the poly set looks great!

12 minutes ago, LuckyIke said:

Wow @Barb Bliss you went all out!!  I see a definite preference for reds and dark tones in your selections.  Was the Chacate Preto the outlier in size, i.e. were the rest pretty consistent?  Some variation is to be expected with the very early prototypes of course.  The packaging for the poly set looks great!

The larger one was the outlier.  Sadly for my wallet, more are coming next week, so it will be a little more diverse.  But you are right that I tend to run to red and darker woods.

I really like the colobolo die, but the numbers are harder to read.  I will probably look at that die more than roll it.

Barb, your dice looks amazing. I can't wait to roll my leopardwood that is coming.

These arrived last night! Purple Heart photographed super pink it’s actually a little more mauve purple in person. A lot more readable then I expected from its original photo in the store so it’ll see more play then I expected! 

Black and white ebony is just a really pretty die. Photograph has a brighter yellow and you lose out on some of the subtleties of the grain. There is a slight imperfection on the one and the 4 is solidly white, but it’s super minor and I couldn’t be happier. 

D1E9D030-1372-4471-87D4-C27CF72944BA.jpeg

• Like 3

16 hours ago, poetria said:

Any special care required? Since lots of the inlays are stone. (Reconstituted?)

Nope. Not at all. The inlays are put in in 2 to 3 layers and are very secured. Two coats of catalyzed lacquer seals is all in.

On ‎3‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 6:55 PM, Barb Bliss said:

Several dice have arrived!  I took two different angles so you could see more of the dice surfaces.  The mystery die had a pleasant surprise on the other side.  The dice are (upper left and going clockwise): Timborana, Bocote, <it's a mystery - @Konas what the heck is this cool beauty?>, Angelique

image.png.4df72b15486240680dc9506fba984d2f.pngimage.png.14cdf8bd8fe63832a12d74c34f815f0d.png

That's Timborana. Yeah, it's very cool. 

1 minute ago, Konas said:

That's Timborana. Yeah, it's very cool. 

Then what's the upper left die's wood?

4 minutes ago, Barb Bliss said:

Then what's the upper left die's wood?

Oh, sorry, my eyes aren't opened yet. Too puffy from all the crying yesterday. The top left is Timborana, the third over is Mulberry.

1 minute ago, Konas said:

Oh, sorry, my eyes aren't opened yet. Too puffy from all the crying yesterday. The top left is Timborana, the third over is Mulberry.

I didn't see the game.  Kind of glad.  Too bad this team got hijacked by BSPN.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Barb Bliss said:

@Konas, so the two "black" dice.  Which is which?

It looks like you have them correct - the Ziricote will have less contrasting, obvious grain while the Chacate Preto should have grain that is more noticeably differentiated. It's hard with the photo to tell.

17 hours ago, poetria said:

Any special care required? Since lots of the inlays are stone. (Reconstituted?)

Because of our sealing lacquer finish, you shouldn't need to worry about the inlays. :) Most of them are crushed something or other - mother of pearl, malachite, jet, etc. But they are sealed in there with our finish, along with a special glue when first applied. You can see some of the process on our Instagram (instagram.com/dogmight)! As with all our products, a bit of Murphy's oil can clean and shine 'em back up if need be.

4 minutes ago, Zoe said:

It looks like you have them correct - the Ziricote will have less contrasting, obvious grain while the Chacate Preto should have grain that is more noticeably differentiated. It's hard with the photo to tell.

Thanks Zoe.  It's hard to tell in person, in the sunshine too.  I plan to give the Chacate Preto as a gift, and want to make sure I give the correct one away.  But the Chacate Preto was doing a pretty good Ziricote impression.

• Haha 1

If you're looking for storage of your woodeen polys, the theme boxes are perfect. They can hold dice up to D30, wooden D20 is about D24.

29432788_1651690444886940_7111187994916159488_n.thumb.jpg.c43d603cb9165f26b2abcc3ad0541bf5.jpg

Finally back in front of a laptop and not just my phone.  Has been a crazy week followed by a long weekend out of town.

Here are my Yucatan Rosewood Polys.  Was one of the initial offerings before the public release.  The green inlays aren't for everyone but I love them.  First picture is on our bay windowsill in natural light on a sunny day.  Second picture is in my photo booth and a little diffused lighting (nothing fancy).

As advertised, they are light in the hand, but have a much more pleasing texture compared to boring plastic.  

We have another D20 that arrived Friday, but I scrammed out the door to make our weekend commitment and only just opened it.  It's intended for Mrs. Zoxe, so she needs to see it before I post pics. :)

IMG_20180310_115341.thumb.jpg.6913376457740aafcb312606f6641197.jpgIMG_20180310_115829.thumb.jpg.2647a7348403485cfeb607b4d4fe1d6c.jpg

• Like 4