Sign in to follow this  
RomyCat

Your RPG Adventures

For those of us who love to play RPG games, now is the time to brag about your greatest adventures...or misadventures.  Share what your characters have been up to. 

13 minutes ago, RomyCat said:

For those of us who love to play RPG games, now is the time to brag about your greatest adventures...or misadventures.  Share what your characters have been up to. 

The time my Dwarf threw our halfling paladin at an avatar of fire was fun. We may have had a different strategy then the rest of the group that time. Lesson learned sometimes it is a good idea to annoy the thing that’s trying to kill you. 

• Haha 1

Today my party was making a sneak attack on castle ruins. As we wove our way among half collapsed towers, part of the group entered to take out some guards. Still outside the tower, I noticed a large, vicious dog chained up. Being a druid, I have a strong connection with animals and can speak to some of them. So I offered a deal to the dog, that if he did not attack me, I would set him free. The dog, which had been abused by the local brutes living in the ruined castle, quickly agreed. As all the players in our Parthfinder group love dogs in real life, several characters started feeding the hungry dog and befriending it, a few of us giving the dog more attention than the bad guys attacking us. 

The dog felt angry towards its previous terrible owners and joined us in storming the castle. Several characters began debating what name we would give the dog. Our DM decided on Luigi. Even my tiger finally relaxed near the huge dog as they fought beside each other to take down a goon. Eventually the boss was revealed and we moved into the narrow, rumble-filled passageways, trying to defeat him. He was powerful, taking down my character and our guide, though we both eventually recovered. Seeing that his evil plot had been stopped by our dedicated group, the boss sought the quickest way out of the castle. Luigi faced his former master, attacking, but the evil leader was well armored. He deflected off the attack then brought his powerful sword down, stabbing the brave dog, killing him and leaving the rest of us stunned at the dog's sudden death. We chased after the boss, but he managed to escape into the woods.

As we looted the bodies of fallen enemies and tended our wounds, we swore we would hunt down this evil boss, no matter how far he ran. For each battle we would face in the future, we would enter the fray with the battle cry, "For Luigi!"

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

21 minutes ago, ElysianPeace said:

The time my Dwarf threw our halfling paladin at an avatar of fire was fun. We may have had a different strategy then the rest of the group that time. Lesson learned sometimes it is a good idea to annoy the thing that’s trying to kill you. 

Tonight, our gnome cleric actually debated having herself thrown while casting spells at the undead. Eventually she decided against the plan.  

10 hours ago, RomyCat said:

Today my party was making a sneak attack on castle ruins. As we wove our way among half collapsed towers, part of the group entered to take out some guards. Still outside the tower, I noticed a large, vicious dog chained up. Being a druid, I have a strong connection with animals and can speak to some of them. So I offered a deal to the dog, that if he did not attack me, I would set him free. The dog, which had been abused by the local brutes living in the ruined castle, quickly agreed. As all the players in our Parthfinder group love dogs in real life, several characters started feeding the hungry dog and befriending it, a few of us giving the dog more attention than the bad guys attacking us. 

The dog felt angry towards its previous terrible owners and joined us in storming the castle. Several characters began debating what name we would give the dog. Our DM decided on Luigi. Even my tiger finally relaxed near the huge dog as they fought beside each other to take down a goon. Eventually the boss was revealed and we moved into the narrow, rumble-filled passageways, trying to defeat him. He was powerful, taking down my character and our guide, though we both eventually recovered. Seeing that his evil plot had been stopped by our dedicated group, the boss sought the quickest way out of the castle. Luigi faced his former master, attacking, but the evil leader was well armored. He deflected off the attack then brought his powerful sword down, stabbing the brave dog, killing him and leaving the rest of us stunned at the dog's sudden death. We chased after the boss, but he managed to escape into the woods.

As we looted the bodies of fallen enemies and tended our wounds, we swore we would hunt down this evil boss, no matter how far he ran. For each battle we would face in the future, we would enter the fray with the battle cry, "For Luigi!"

This would be so rage inducing. But yes definitely with the murder in Luigi’s name.

My character is a fighter that was slaughtering things attacking us. Anyway we get to a point where there’s one hyena left and no one wants me to kill it(especially the ranger). So instead I intimidate the thing into not biting me. Long story short I’ve got the weirdest dog most villages have ever seen. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, RomyCat said:

Tonight, our gnome cleric actually debated having herself thrown while casting spells at the undead. Eventually she decided against the plan.  

Ooooh spells. That would be an interesting one to attempt while airborne. Try it sometime. Somehow depending on the moment it can be pretty intense. 

Right now in our adventure the Heroes have decided to hang out in Neverwinter for awhile. In our campaign Neverwinter is the Portland of the Sword Coast, so everything is a hipster version of itself. The crew discovered that the local teenagers are doing this new drug called Glow and that it's causing some to die (especially tieflings) from vomiting up rainbow colors and eventually blood. The Heroes have decided to go check out the drug for themselves at the insanely popular nightclub, called the Ruins, with a few local teens they found Glitter, Tree, Toast, and Star Unicorn. 

• Haha 2

Your Neverwinter is a very colorful place. I would to visit, but will stay away from all rainbows.

If anyone has suggestions on what hipster versions of D&D would look like feel free to post. I'm starting to run out of references, the last one was a tea café where the owner and his pet hippogriff wore matching scarves and glasses. 

• Like 1

@LindseyI see a great opportunity for an encounter with a traveling salesman.  He can be selling the finest, most artisanal wares.  Behold, these silver deadly throwing disks!  But for twice as much gold, you can have these bigger, black classic disks!  They sound so much better when they slice the flesh of your enemies, I can’t even describe it.  (They don’t, and break easily). Let me show you my magnificent mustache wax!  You will feel confident and more persuasive when you apply it liberally.  (No +1 charisma - it does nothing).  

• Haha 4

On ‎3‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 4:48 PM, LuckyIke said:

@LindseyI see a great opportunity for an encounter with a traveling salesman.  He can be selling the finest, most artisanal wares.  Behold, these silver deadly throwing disks!  But for twice as much gold, you can have these bigger, black classic disks!  They sound so much better when they slice the flesh of your enemies, I can’t even describe it.  (They don’t, and break easily). Let me show you my magnificent mustache wax!  You will feel confident and more persuasive when you apply it liberally.  (No +1 charisma - it does nothing).  

Haha yes this is exactly what I'm looking for the keep hipstering up the town! 

Here’s a fun blog that touches on some RPG topics.  The author feeds things like spells, creatures, character names into a neural network, and sees what fun results the network generates in return.  Some of the results are fitting of @Serge Darveau‘s crazy animal photoshop mashups.

D&D creatures generated by neural network

D&D spells generated by a neural network

Beware the:

Owlborn

Chromatic Wolf

Jabberwont

Sith-sheet Unicorn

and friends.

I definitely want to have some of these make appearances in a future campaign.  Hopefully not the dreaded Astro-Fish, though.

• Like 3

That was funny.  I want to run into Vampire the Putter and his buddies Golf and Durp Snake. 

• Haha 1