Zoxe

Your convention plans

2 hours ago, Barb Bliss said:

ZICAM!!!  Take it before you go, during the con, and for a few days after you come home!  Kids, they never listen...

Did all of the above. Got the plague anyway. 😷

54 minutes ago, turbodonk3y said:

Anybody hitting CinCityCon in Cincinnati this weekend? I'll be there Friday night and all day Saturday!

Not me.  @tgpumpkin will be in Columbus this weekend...

Geography is problematic! I did just start getting to gaming conventions on this side of the country though. Already went to KublaCon and Pacificon for my first gaming ones. Planning on hitting up Protospiel in the Bay Area this weekend. 

7 hours ago, turbodonk3y said:

Anybody hitting CinCityCon in Cincinnati this weekend? I'll be there Friday night and all day Saturday!

Hmmm, hadn't heard if that one. We will be in Lansing for the Michigan Grand Tournament (aka MiGT). Playing dropfleet commander.

... assuming I can shake this sinus infection. I'm half considering calling off the trip so I can sleeeeep.

13 hours ago, Zoxe said:

Hmmm, hadn't heard if that one. We will be in Lansing for the Michigan Grand Tournament (aka MiGT). Playing dropfleet commander.

... assuming I can shake this sinus infection. I'm half considering calling off the trip so I can sleeeeep.

Ugh sinus infections. I finally shook mine off.

CinCityCon turned out pretty good! I only went Friday afternoon and Saturday, but I won some Age of Sigmar Champions starter decks on Friday and the Dwarven Smithy tournament on Saturday. That, along with trading or selling a bunch of games that had been collecting dust on my shelf, made it a pretty exciting weekend.

I was able to play Obelisk (already available) and Quest for Gaia (coming to Kickstarter) from some local designers and had a great time. 

5 hours ago, turbodonk3y said:

CinCityCon turned out pretty good! I only went Friday afternoon and Saturday, but I won some Age of Sigmar Champions starter decks on Friday and the Dwarven Smithy tournament on Saturday. That, along with trading or selling a bunch of games that had been collecting dust on my shelf, made it a pretty exciting weekend.

I was able to play Obelisk (already available) and Quest for Gaia (coming to Kickstarter) from some local designers and had a great time. 

Awesome!

MiGT was pretty fun, but was a long haul for us for what ended up being 5 or 6 hours of gaming.  I won "best painted" for Dropfleet Commander but didn't play as well.  I was middle of the pack after the first round, but ended up totally biffing the 2nd game.  Surprise for me was that it was 2 rounds instead of 3, so we were packing it in around 5 and had awards at 6 on Sunday. I was expecting to still be going at 9 or 10 that night. 

@Konas - just wondering.  DMG had planned to go to PAXU last year, but cancelled last minute.  I know you had said earlier that you were considering dropping the larger conventions.

So I was wondering if DMG was going to try and be at PAXU this year?  I won't be there, but I'd definitely suggest to my DLG friends to try to meet up with you if you were going.

15 hours ago, Thomas Browne said:

@Konas - just wondering.  DMG had planned to go to PAXU last year, but cancelled last minute.  I know you had said earlier that you were considering dropping the larger conventions.

So I was wondering if DMG was going to try and be at PAXU this year?  I won't be there, but I'd definitely suggest to my DLG friends to try to meet up with you if you were going.

We are not going. They scheduled it at a terrible time of year for us. We are WAY too busy with straight up holiday retail. Lindsey was considering going to do some work on her games but I think she is holding off.

2 hours ago, Konas said:

We are not going. They scheduled it at a terrible time of year for us. We are WAY too busy with straight up holiday retail. Lindsey was considering going to do some work on her games but I think she is holding off.

Understandable.  Like I said - I just wanted to make sure you got to meet Conri and Kassandra if you were going.