Zoxe

What's on your Table?

I played Concordia again.  With a different group this time.  One of the players is a pouter.  If she thinks someone else is going to win, she whines.  In the end we were all within a card of each other winning, but she carried on for about 45 minutes.  Got real annoying.

11 hours ago, Barb Bliss said:

I played Concordia again.  With a different group this time.  One of the players is a pouter.  If she thinks someone else is going to win, she whines.  In the end we were all within a card of each other winning, but she carried on for about 45 minutes.  Got real annoying.

That would be very irritating. Not someone I would want to play with much.  I do love the game Concordia.  I beat my sister a lot, and she does not pout...much.  😈

22 hours ago, Serge Darveau said:

Auztralia, this week-end.

cover4.thumb.jpg.84d0c56ece4c1707e63dee1950878460.jpg

Maybe it's just me, but when I look at this board, I see pierced nipples.  😂

Playing some stat realms with my oldest. Got the craziest turn I ever have managed to draw all but 3 cards from my deck and did 43 damage.

received_540935093320705.jpeg

3 hours ago, marsniper_27 said:

Playing some stat realms with my oldest. Got the craziest turn I ever have managed to draw all but 3 cards from my deck and did 43 damage.

received_540935093320705.jpeg

Now, I'm waiting the High Alert expansion :) 

20 hours ago, Serge Darveau said:

Now, I'm waiting the High Alert expansion :) 

I have ish I could go in on the Kickstarter. I only have the base game right now. Me and a co worker use to play it on lunch so I hadn't wanted to add much more since we usually only get one game in while eating. But now with my son playing with me I will try to get all the expansions.

32 minutes ago, marsniper_27 said:

I have ish I could go in on the Kickstarter. I only have the base game right now. Me and a co worker use to play it on lunch so I hadn't wanted to add much more since we usually only get one game in while eating. But now with my son playing with me I will try to get all the expansions.

It's nice having live in playmates.  My fish seem totally disinterested in playing games.

1 minute ago, Serge Darveau said:

Crows 🐦

10.jpg.ffd817a1580e59b36334358404f13e3a.jpg11.jpg.db8556e793f1b03deb7e3a23a7eccabc.jpg

I like the look of this!

I played Nyctophobia and Call to Adventure at the local meetup last night. Nychtophobia was an interesting experience, though I'm not sure I'd want to play multiple times. I think it's a great game to try at least once though.

Call to Adventure was fantastic. I was already interested in this one simply for the Name of the Wind expansion (which I'm now waiting to come in stock at my LGS), but I definitely enjoyed the base game. It was really fun to build up a story and make decisions based on narrative over optimal game play. Even with this, all three players came very close in points at the end.

7 hours ago, turbodonk3y said:

I played Nyctophobia and Call to Adventure at the local meetup last night. Nychtophobia was an interesting experience, though I'm not sure I'd want to play multiple times. I think it's a great game to try at least once though.

Call to Adventure was fantastic. I was already interested in this one simply for the Name of the Wind expansion (which I'm now waiting to come in stock at my LGS), but I definitely enjoyed the base game. It was really fun to build up a story and make decisions based on narrative over optimal game play. Even with this, all three players came very close in points at the end.

wait

wait wait wait wait wait

HOLD UP

NAME OF THE WIND 

LIKE THE BOOKS???????????????????????????????????????

16 hours ago, Anne said:

wait

wait wait wait wait wait

HOLD UP

NAME OF THE WIND 

LIKE THE BOOKS???????????????????????????????????????

Exactly! They're doing a Stormlight expansion based on Brandon Sanderson's works as well, so I'd imagine even more fantasy expansions are to come as they can get rights to them. I picked up Call to Adventure simply because of the Name of the Wind expansion :)

@RomyCat, my daughter, and I have played the first two chapters of House of Danger. Every card that my daughter reads, she does in a different voice: Southern, British, Scottish, khajiit, Pinky Pie, etc. She is soooo good at it....and I am not just saying that as her parent. She could have a career in voice acting. I am very jealous. I am from the South and can't even do a good Southern accent.

Edited by Zenithsplendor
added the @ before Romycat

11 hours ago, RomyCat said:

I won't even begin talking about my sad attempts for accents. 

You and me both, sister.

Same here on the accents. Though if I listen to one long enough I will start speaking similar. Or even certain styles of music. I don't notice I am doing it either.