Zoxe

What's on your Table?

34 minutes ago, Serge Darveau said:

Learning Nocturion and yes there's some DMG products on the table. :) 

Nocturion.jpg.76c4dfb6fe24b6bac120a5f302e18a9e.jpg

That's a fine looking dice box.  😃

Well, it's not on my table because the unboxing is crazy stupid, but Snowdonia arrived.  Piles of decks with no rhyme or reason about them, a pile of different wooden tokens, and not a frickin' thing in the box telling you how to organize anything.  With the amount of money these games cost now a day and the fancy organizers, they should show you how to unpack the box and organize it.  Thank goodness car companies don't behave this way.  I found an unboxing video by the creator and his kid, but now I'm car sick.  So I decided to head to BGG. Thank goodness BGG has a good forum about it.  But it's pages long.  I think I'll wait until tomorrow when I don't feel sick to my stomach.

Posted (edited)

My sister and I found it confusing too at first. I finally found a link which list the card divisions. One of the booklets tells the abbreviation for each set of cards so you know what category each card belongs. Once I figured that out, I used some index cards for dividers to tell the different sets of cards apart.

Organizing link: https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/2263080/official-guide-unboxing-organizing-and-storing

Edited by RomyCat

8 hours ago, RomyCat said:

My sister and I found it confusing too at first. I finally found a link which list the card divisions. One of the booklets tells the abbreviation for each set of cards so you know what category each card belongs. Once I figured that out, I used some index cards for dividers to tell the different sets of cards apart.

Organizing link: https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/2263080/official-guide-unboxing-organizing-and-storing

Thanks @RomyCat.  That's the link I found too.  Not sure why the game creators didn't provide deck separator cards.  Fortunately, I still have some old (maybe older than some of the people reading this post) index cards.  I'll be making my own.

Making some mistake but get the right answer from Nocturion :) 

I love the game with really nice components. I will make some jealous when I could put pictures with my CoCo... :) 

Nocturion: you first place the die on the location, then move the calendar and finally pick up (gather) the resource.

Nocturion2.thumb.jpg.8e4053608acb6038d84f3b296a8a1b8c.jpg

Posted (edited)
On 8/21/2019 at 12:44 PM, Barb Bliss said:

Hint, hint @Zoe@Zoxe and @Adam.

I'm always up for getting together for games if the schedule works.

Edited by Adam

Finally played my sister's copy of Black Sonata. The mechanics of this game are really cool how the Dark Lady is constantly moving about the map and your trying to catch her then figure out her identity.  It's like Scotland Yard and Fury of Dracula, but for solo play only.  How someone came up with such a game is mind boggling to me. Now if only I could actually win the game. 

We played Lisboa and Lucidity (twice) tonight.  Doug finally won, and then two other newbees playing.  Love playing Lisboa.

Played Firefly for the first time.  It was OK.  The game seems unbalanced.  JC had about $15K and the next closest was $7K ish.  I came in third at $5.5K out of 7 people.

Played Euphoria again after Firefly.  I really like that game.  I brought the expansion, but didn't play it as we had 2 newbees, so it still sits on the self of shame.  Then I got roped into playing Nemesis.  We died in a firey blaze when an event card spread the fire.  It was fun, but that pushed my game playing time to a little over 11 hours straight.  Thankfully I lugged my game bag into the house just before the rain got here.

image.png.67eb4c38810078f20866d29678daecea.png

Well the hurricane decide to knock our power out for 18 hours that was fun. I made myself a coffee using candles to boil water and played unbroken again by candle light. I lost on level 4 due to a lack of resources in the first two levels but was still fun.

20190907_222656.jpg

15 hours ago, marsniper_27 said:

Well the hurricane decide to knock our power out for 18 hours that was fun. I made myself a coffee using candles to boil water and played unbroken again by candle light. I lost on level 4 due to a lack of resources in the first two levels but was still fun.

20190907_222656.jpg

The candles makes it more spooky!

4 minutes ago, marsniper_27 said:

It deff fit the theme that's for sure.

I've gotten 2/3 of the way through the rulebook.  I've kind of hit with paralysis with getting up to speed with all the games that showed up in the last couple of months.  I need to get up to speed with the Euphoria "Ignorance is Bliss" expansion before Saturday night.

3 hours ago, Barb Bliss said:

I've gotten 2/3 of the way through the rulebook.  I've kind of hit with paralysis with getting up to speed with all the games that showed up in the last couple of months.  I need to get up to speed with the Euphoria "Ignorance is Bliss" expansion before Saturday night.

I found it reasonably easy to pick up just playing through using the quick reference sheets. Don't shuffle the encounter deck like it says the first time the cards are in order to tell a story.

37 minutes ago, marsniper_27 said:

I found it reasonably easy to pick up just playing through using the quick reference sheets. Don't shuffle the encounter deck like it says the first time the cards are in order to tell a story.

Too late on the shuffle.

3 hours ago, Barb Bliss said:

Too late on the shuffle.

For some reason they mention not to shuffle after saying to shuffle the decks so I shuffled it too. There is a post on bgg with the original order if you ever want to read the story in order.

We played Concordia today.  I came in 2nd.  Greg had 9 of the god cards for all the regions i.e. 9 time 11.  That was hard to overcome.

23 hours ago, Barb Bliss said:

We played Concordia today.  I came in 2nd.  Greg had 9 of the god cards for all the regions i.e. 9 time 11.  That was hard to overcome.

I love Concordia. I usually win when my sister and I play. We have it on our 10x10 challenge this year. Got a few more plays to finish it up.

Finally got Everdell to the table on Saturday with three players. Took us a few rounds to really "get" the game, but once we did, it was fantastic! I'm definitely ready to break out the Pearlbrook expansion as well and add that in.

It has a very nice table presence as well, even if the tree is a little unnecessary :)