Zoxe

What's on your Table?

1 minute ago, Serge Darveau said:

Trains and ships. :) 

spiel.jpg.428966ee86f94e7e23aa8c8476efff89.jpg

Nice meeples.  I guess I have Dr Pol on the brain.

I wanted to buy this game, but had to pass due to budget.  It looks great. How did you like it?

1 hour ago, RomyCat said:

I wanted to buy this game, but had to pass due to budget.  It looks great. How did you like it?

I like it, try Birmingham first, make some rules mistake. and Lancanshire is set up for a try. :) 

Posted (edited)

We played Legendary Encounters: Aliens, Trogdor!, and Gugong on Saturday.  I had never played a Legendary Encounters before.  It was fun, but didn't blow air up my skirt.  While we waited for a couple of more people to show up, we played 3 games of Trogdor!  The first two games, we were dead before the 4th person got a chance to play a card.  We won the third game.  Then four of  us played Gugong.  This is my 3rd play of the game, and I'm finally feeling like I'm getting a hold on the strategies.  Each time I played, I tried something different.  I got out to a huge VP lead, then Bob came charging after me.  Jaemus got a great decree, and came flying up the track in the last turn or so.  Jaemus won by one VP over me, and I was one VP more than Bob.  Mike limped in at a distant 4th.

Edited by Barb Bliss

20 minutes ago, Serge Darveau said:

Brass... and Brass. :) Lancashire.thumb.jpg.88f2263283c4a969ad76fa8cf5db42b9.jpgBirmingham.thumb.jpg.dace8a64d5b08cdb2ede0404a76a26f0.jpg

Currently on my shelf of shame.  Need to remedy that once I get a gaming group

Got to play two games on Saturday evening.  Got to play Lisboa first.  It's been a while so I forgot some of the rules, and we spent a little too much time looking stuff up.  I won!!!

Then I got a game off of my shelf of shame: Side effects.  Jaemus won, but I came in a handy 2nd.  I wasn't going to win as both Doug and Jaemus horded all the anxiety cures that I needed to win.  Apparently, they don't care as much about winning as they care about me not winning  🙄  It was pretty fun.

4 hours ago, Serge Darveau said:

Learning Sorcerer. :) 

69539288_2377665432289434_8790864470755770368_o.thumb.jpg.c5d30065fb9d7978647b81c545bd0bda.jpg

My eyes started watering when I looked too long at that mat...

44 minutes ago, Barb Bliss said:

My eyes started watering when I looked too long at that mat...

I.m waiting for this mat for my fantasy game. :) 

alriah__jewel_of_the_north_by_nolannasser_daqqsxt-fullview.thumb.jpg.6237ca9c2648a8e173e2ed851842af60.jpg

Everdell with the expansion is waiting to be played! I always run through a two player game alone to get a handle on the rules, and I think I'm good there. It's such a pretty game and just looks good on the table.

There's also an unopened copy of Fireball Island that will eventually make it to the table. And a copy of Space Base. And some games on the shelf... Oh boy. I think we have a problem...

1 hour ago, turbodonk3y said:

Everdell with the expansion is waiting to be played! I always run through a two player game alone to get a handle on the rules, and I think I'm good there. It's such a pretty game and just looks good on the table.

There's also an unopened copy of Fireball Island that will eventually make it to the table. And a copy of Space Base. And some games on the shelf... Oh boy. I think we have a problem...

If you have a problem, then others like @Serge Darveau, @RomyCat, and I are basket cases.  I've got about 8 games on my shelf of shame.  Photosynthesis, Charterson, Gloomhaven, Gorus Maximus, Celebria, and Village Attacks spring to mind for me.  Problem is you need to get them when they are on KS (at least used to be), but some of them take time to get through (e.g. Massive Darkness) or are so much fun you play them over and over (e.g. Nemesis).  My one group has dived into Legends Untold, and that will take at least the rest of the year to finish up.

8 minutes ago, Barb Bliss said:

If you have a problem, then others like @Serge Darveau, @RomyCat, and I are basket cases.  I've got about 8 games on my shelf of shame.  Photosynthesis, Charterson, Gloomhaven, Gorus Maximus, Celebria, and Village Attacks spring to mind for me.  Problem is you need to get them when they are on KS (at least used to be), but some of them take time to get through (e.g. Massive Darkness) or are so much fun you play them over and over (e.g. Nemesis).  My one group has dived into Legends Untold, and that will take at least the rest of the year to finish up.

Ha! Yeah, I feel your pain. I've got other games still in shrink that I've had over a year. I had to stop using kickstarter for games, and I'm actively making myself not purchase all the shiny things so I don't keep adding to the pile. A local con in October has a free flea market/trade area at a specific time, so I plan on taking quite a few games there to clear some space. It's an addiction for sure to have that new smell of a freshly unwrapped, unpunched game!

1 minute ago, turbodonk3y said:

Ha! Yeah, I feel your pain. I've got other games still in shrink that I've had over a year. I had to stop using kickstarter for games, and I'm actively making myself not purchase all the shiny things so I don't keep adding to the pile. A local con in October has a free flea market/trade area at a specific time, so I plan on taking quite a few games there to clear some space. It's an addiction for sure to have that new smell of a freshly unwrapped, unpunched game!

I look at the games I'm waiting delivery on, and my stomach turns.  I could have taken a European tour for what I've given to Awaken Realms and CMON.

2 minutes ago, Barb Bliss said:

I look at the games I'm waiting delivery on, and my stomach turns.  I could have taken a European tour for what I've given to Awaken Realms and CMON.

That's how I feel about KDM.

I really need to stop buying models that I don't have time to build and paint :)

2 minutes ago, Thomas Browne said:

I really need to stop buying models that I don't have time to build and paint :)

I made the mistake of putting together a spreadsheet of all the models I owned that are in various stages of not assembled/painted. I had to stop when it went well over 500... Definitely going to be selling quite a bit of them. Some I've had for 5+ years!

1 minute ago, turbodonk3y said:

I made the mistake of putting together a spreadsheet of all the models I owned that are in various stages of not assembled/painted. I had to stop when it went well over 500... Definitely going to be selling quite a bit of them. Some I've had for 5+ years!

Consider donating games to your local library.

3 minutes ago, turbodonk3y said:

I'm about to finish painting Village Attacks and I get an email saying an expansion is going on KS this fall.  More scenarios and more minis.  Stupid Massive Darkness got me to buy a couple of expansions after I finished painting my original content.  60 more minis!!!  smh  OK the rats and lizards were fun, but geez.  Probably why I still haven't finished Village Attacks yet.

1 minute ago, Barb Bliss said:

I'm about to finish painting Village Attacks and I get an email saying an expansion is going on KS this fall.  More scenarios and more minis.  Stupid Massive Darkness got me to buy a couple of expansions after I finished painting my original content.  60 more minis!!!  smh  OK the rats and lizards were fun, but geez.  Probably why I still haven't finished Village Attacks yet.

I'm hoping for A Song of Ice and Fire miniatures game that I can just use the new GW Contrast Paints. I still enjoy painting for detail, even if I'm not great, but larger groups of minis would be nice to get through quickly.

9 minutes ago, turbodonk3y said:

I'm hoping for A Song of Ice and Fire miniatures game that I can just use the new GW Contrast Paints. I still enjoy painting for detail, even if I'm not great, but larger groups of minis would be nice to get through quickly.

You get better the more you do.  @Konas gave me a piece of advice when I started.  Any painted mini is better than a not painted mini.  😃

There is a forum for mini painting you might like.

40 minutes ago, turbodonk3y said:

That is a big game with a lot of very cool minis. So far, I have painted....wait for it....ONE of them. One of the Mounted Flayed Men. Turned out very cool. I can understand your idea to paint them quickly. One of the problems I foresee is the variety of units but it shouldn't be too difficult. I painted mine using almost primarily washes then some opaques over top for highlights. It went quite well.

I also cannot wait for the new Tully Cavaliers!

Having about 20 unplayed games, another one today: Nocturion. I've put some small board to remind me 11 shame and 5 waiting Kickstarter. :) 

And there's 2000 tiles of Carcassonne in each bag. :):)

1217541763_shameks.jpg.11d0f47a2d99062abd4adc6a2b0f1745.jpg

1 minute ago, Serge Darveau said:

Having about 20 unplayed games, another one today: Nocturion. I've put some small board to remind me 11 shame and 5 waiting Kickstarter. :) 

And there's 2000 tiles of Carcassonne in each bag. :):)

1217541763_shameks.jpg.11d0f47a2d99062abd4adc6a2b0f1745.jpg

You need to get Dinogenics on the table!!!

3 minutes ago, Barb Bliss said:

You need to get Dinogenics on the table!!!

Soon or waiting the expansion with the update of the first edition. :) 

Just try both Brass, Sorcerer on the table, probably Founders before Dinogenics. :)