Jump to content
Zoxe

What's on your Table?

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, Wrenwyth said:

Here's a shot of the game about midway through.

IMG_2563[1].JPG

What faction did you play? More importantly, what faction was your wife? 😛

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Konas said:

What faction did you play? More importantly, what faction was your wife? 😛

I was the Nordic Kingdom (blue). My wife was the (in my opinion) kind of game breaking Polania Republic (white).

I really feel that most of the game is pretty well balanced except for Anna's special ability. Being able to take two options on the encounter cards is pretty OP and can quickly upset the balance of the game's economy. I wasn't in a great position to stop her and the other two players were brand new so they had no idea what Anna/Polania is capable of. The sad part is, we selected our boards randomly and the whole time I was just praying that my wife wouldn't get Polania. But, she did. 🙄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Wrenwyth said:

I was the Nordic Kingdom (blue). My wife was the (in my opinion) kind of game breaking Polania Republic (white).

I really feel that most of the game is pretty well balanced except for Anna's special ability. Being able to take two options on the encounter cards is pretty OP and can quickly upset the balance of the game's economy. I wasn't in a great position to stop her and the other two players were brand new so they had no idea what Anna/Polania is capable of. The sad part is, we selected our boards randomly and the whole time I was just praying that my wife wouldn't get Polania. But, she did. 🙄

Every time I have played Scythe I have been Polania and I totally agree with you. Action economy is huge in that game and getting extras is HUGE, as it would be in most games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Wrenwyth said:

I was the Nordic Kingdom (blue). My wife was the (in my opinion) kind of game breaking Polania Republic (white).

I really feel that most of the game is pretty well balanced except for Anna's special ability. Being able to take two options on the encounter cards is pretty OP and can quickly upset the balance of the game's economy. I wasn't in a great position to stop her and the other two players were brand new so they had no idea what Anna/Polania is capable of. The sad part is, we selected our boards randomly and the whole time I was just praying that my wife wouldn't get Polania. But, she did. 🙄

The board game goddess is a fickle bit*.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a fair shot at winning if she doesn't draw Polania! But every time she gets that faction my wife just steam rolls me! The only hope you have against Polania is to attack the hell out of Anna whenver she is within striking distance. No mercy. Mercy is for the weak!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Wrenwyth said:

I have a fair shot at winning if she doesn't draw Polania! But every time she gets that faction my wife just steam rolls me! The only hope you have against Polania is to attack the hell out of Anna whenver she is within striking distance. No mercy. Mercy is for the weak!

You should check out the tread on Viking advice.  You'd fit right in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Wrenwyth said:

I have a fair shot at winning if she doesn't draw Polania! But every time she gets that faction my wife just steam rolls me! The only hope you have against Polania is to attack the hell out of Anna whenver she is within striking distance. No mercy. Mercy is for the weak!

Hear hear, brother!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Trogdor!!!  The game is hilarious!

p.s. didn't get wormy

Edited by Barb Bliss

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Barb Bliss said:

Cute meeples in Northland...  P.S. Pretty BIG fish.  😂

Big fish for hingry men lol. :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just finished my first game of unbroken. It's good. Technically it was my second game I restarted once I got to the first fight the first time as I felt I had a good grasp of the rules at that point so started over. I managed to win but it was close. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, marsniper_27 said:

Just finished my first game of unbroken. It's good. Technically it was my second game I restarted once I got to the first fight the first time as I felt I had a good grasp of the rules at that point so started over. I managed to win but it was close. 

If no one is around this weekend, I'll get my first or first and a half game in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Last game played was Scythe... almost a month ago.  It's been too long, but summer weekends can be crazy.  Hoping to get some gaming in at Gencon this weekend. 🤩

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gugong!  Still haven't quite figured out the best strategies yet.  And we played Trogdor!  That was a lot of fun, but we lost.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Barb Bliss said:

Gugong!  Still haven't quite figured out the best strategies yet.  And we played Trogdor!  That was a lot of fun, but we lost.

Trogdor looks like a lot of fun.  Who doesn't enjoy burninating the countryside? 😄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Cheeky2theGeeky said:

Trogdor looks like a lot of fun.  Who doesn't enjoy burninating the countryside? 😄

I like the mechanic of the villagers being hit points vs burniating them and watching them move across the countryside with their hair on fire.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Serge Darveau said:

One less game of my shelf of shame, learning Brass. :) 

7.jpg.bef36a3a90705a7c0674f3446ce9c255.jpg20.jpg.c888c0949c9dd1caa87b46ac8fc7522f.jpg

Why are their weiner dogs on your brass board?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...