Zoxe

What's on your Table?

4 minutes ago, Wrenwyth said:

Here's a shot of the game about midway through.

IMG_2563[1].JPG

What faction did you play? More importantly, what faction was your wife? 😛

1 minute ago, Konas said:

What faction did you play? More importantly, what faction was your wife? 😛

I was the Nordic Kingdom (blue). My wife was the (in my opinion) kind of game breaking Polania Republic (white).

I really feel that most of the game is pretty well balanced except for Anna's special ability. Being able to take two options on the encounter cards is pretty OP and can quickly upset the balance of the game's economy. I wasn't in a great position to stop her and the other two players were brand new so they had no idea what Anna/Polania is capable of. The sad part is, we selected our boards randomly and the whole time I was just praying that my wife wouldn't get Polania. But, she did. 🙄

5 minutes ago, Wrenwyth said:

I was the Nordic Kingdom (blue). My wife was the (in my opinion) kind of game breaking Polania Republic (white).

I really feel that most of the game is pretty well balanced except for Anna's special ability. Being able to take two options on the encounter cards is pretty OP and can quickly upset the balance of the game's economy. I wasn't in a great position to stop her and the other two players were brand new so they had no idea what Anna/Polania is capable of. The sad part is, we selected our boards randomly and the whole time I was just praying that my wife wouldn't get Polania. But, she did. 🙄

Every time I have played Scythe I have been Polania and I totally agree with you. Action economy is huge in that game and getting extras is HUGE, as it would be in most games.

8 minutes ago, Wrenwyth said:

The board game goddess is a fickle bit*.

I have a fair shot at winning if she doesn't draw Polania! But every time she gets that faction my wife just steam rolls me! The only hope you have against Polania is to attack the hell out of Anna whenver she is within striking distance. No mercy. Mercy is for the weak!

1 minute ago, Wrenwyth said:

I have a fair shot at winning if she doesn't draw Polania! But every time she gets that faction my wife just steam rolls me! The only hope you have against Polania is to attack the hell out of Anna whenver she is within striking distance. No mercy. Mercy is for the weak!

You should check out the tread on Viking advice.  You'd fit right in.

12 minutes ago, Wrenwyth said:

Hear hear, brother!

Posted (edited)

Trogdor!!!  The game is hilarious!

p.s. didn't get wormy

Edited by Barb Bliss

1 hour ago, Barb Bliss said:

Cute meeples in Northland...  P.S. Pretty BIG fish.  😂

Big fish for hingry men lol. :) 

Just finished my first game of unbroken. It's good. Technically it was my second game I restarted once I got to the first fight the first time as I felt I had a good grasp of the rules at that point so started over. I managed to win but it was close. 

53 minutes ago, marsniper_27 said:

Just finished my first game of unbroken. It's good. Technically it was my second game I restarted once I got to the first fight the first time as I felt I had a good grasp of the rules at that point so started over. I managed to win but it was close. 

If no one is around this weekend, I'll get my first or first and a half game in.

Last game played was Scythe... almost a month ago.  It's been too long, but summer weekends can be crazy.  Hoping to get some gaming in at Gencon this weekend. 🤩

Gugong!  Still haven't quite figured out the best strategies yet.  And we played Trogdor!  That was a lot of fun, but we lost.

4 minutes ago, Barb Bliss said:

Gugong!  Still haven't quite figured out the best strategies yet.  And we played Trogdor!  That was a lot of fun, but we lost.

Trogdor looks like a lot of fun.  Who doesn't enjoy burninating the countryside? 😄

Just now, Cheeky2theGeeky said:

Trogdor looks like a lot of fun.  Who doesn't enjoy burninating the countryside? 😄

I like the mechanic of the villagers being hit points vs burniating them and watching them move across the countryside with their hair on fire.

9 minutes ago, Serge Darveau said:

One less game of my shelf of shame, learning Brass. :) 

7.jpg.bef36a3a90705a7c0674f3446ce9c255.jpg20.jpg.c888c0949c9dd1caa87b46ac8fc7522f.jpg

Why are their weiner dogs on your brass board?