Zoxe

What's on your Table?

I was given Arkham Horror card game for Christmas but have yet to play it. School is almost out so I need to re-read the rules and give it a shot.

12 hours ago, RomyCat said:

I was given Arkham Horror card game for Christmas but have yet to play it. School is almost out so I need to re-read the rules and give it a shot.

Yes, you do. I have said it before and will say it again, one of the best games around. It might not feel that way when you first start, the beginner scenario doesn't really show off what this game can do, but it is worth sticking to it. I promise.

2 hours ago, Konas said:

Yes, you do. I have said it before and will say it again, one of the best games around. It might not feel that way when you first start, the beginner scenario doesn't really show off what this game can do, but it is worth sticking to it. I promise.

Whoa I’m not used to @Konas popping up here on the weekends.  It scared me for a minute thinking today was still a weekday and I got confused and stayed home 😛 

2 hours ago, tgpumpkin said:

Whoa I’m not used to @Konas popping up here on the weekends.  It scared me for a minute thinking today was still a weekday and I got confused and stayed home 😛 

We are definitely related, brother.  I thought the same thing.

We just finished Gugong.  Most of the time it was figuring out the rules, but I was much to hospitable of a host as I was dead last.  I want to play it again before I forget it.  Maybe I'll try a solo game tomorrow.

Wingspan is still on my table. Played last night, and I still have not beaten the Automa yet...I am 0-7, it's shameful 😞

That sci-fi mat @Serge Darveau looks awesome.

@Adam, I've been thinking about buying Wingspan when its price levels out (its ridiculous what is has been going for on Amazon). How do you like the game?  It's been nominated for Spiel des Jahres Game of the Year.  Does it deserve the hype? 

2 minutes ago, RomyCat said:

That sci-fi mat @Serge Darveau looks awesome.

@Adam, I've been thinking about buying Wingspan when its price levels out (its ridiculous what is has been going for on Amazon). How do you like the game?  It's been nominated for Spiel des Jahres Game of the Year.  Does it deserve the hype? 

@RomyCat I enjoy it a lot. I will qualify that by saying that I enjoy the theme as I have a number of bird feeders outside my house. It's simple yet still has enough strategy to it that it's not mindless. I taught it to my mom who's not a big gamer and she enjoyed it. It's not the greatest game ever created as some posts would have you believe, but I'm not at all disappointed in my purchase. As a matter of fact, I'm headed to my dining room now to give it a solo play.

2 hours ago, RomyCat said:

Ohh, the game has a 3D element. That is cool.

Yes, but the first one they give us was at the wrong size. Check the game play here:

They seemed to really enjoy The Bridge. Some funny jokes. 

I owe Expedition which they play much further on. Played it only once. Was an okay game. Got it when I also bought Luxor.

Posted (edited)

I just got back from playing Lockup: A Roll Player Game.  I liked it better than the Monsters and Minions Roll Player, though it seems stupid to have a roll player game with no dice.  The mechanics are pretty easy, but figuring out the best move is really tricky.  I find that my mind is still reving and I'll need to watch something on TV to be able to go to sleep even though it's about 2.5 hours past my bedtime.

Edited by Barb Bliss

13 hours ago, Barb Bliss said:

I just got back from playing Lockup: A Roll Player Game.  I liked it better than the Monsters and Minions Roll Player, though it seems stupid to have a roll player game with no dice.  The mechanics are pretty easy, but figuring out the best move is really tricky.  I find that my mind is still reving and I'll need to watch something on TV to be able to go to sleep even though it's about 2.5 hours past my bedtime.

Wish I had a friend who had the game so I could play it. I need more nearby games who own games. Instead, my friends look for me to buy the games then they play them. Does make for fun gaming days.

2 minutes ago, Barb Bliss said:

@Serge Darveau, I can tell you like sprawling games.  Seems like every game is too big for the table.  I think you may need to hire a new game manager.

Small table 32 x 68 lol

and really too small for my mega-Carcassonne  :):) 

1 hour ago, Serge Darveau said:

Small table 32 x 68 lol

and really too small for my mega-Carcassonne  :):) 

I sooo want to play your mega-Carcassonne. We only have 3 or 4 expansion. Need so many more. 

9 minutes ago, RomyCat said:

I sooo want to play your mega-Carcassonne. We only have 3 or 4 expansion. Need so many more. 

Never understood the appeal for that game.  nascar is more entertaining, and I find nothing entertaining about nascar.

47 minutes ago, RomyCat said:

And so many hours to play lol :) 

1 hour ago, Serge Darveau said:

Mint Delivery for the first time :) 4.jpg.56f1f6da9faa6b6947c70910ad9b1d26.jpg

Both my "mint games" are still in the shrink wrap.  When I saw them, I thought that they would be a nice x-mas gift to a service person that is deployed over the holidays, so I haven't tried them out.

My sister and I have played both several times. Mint Delivery  is our favorite of the two.