Zoxe

What's on your Table?

@Barb, you can. There are auto rules for the other players. When my sister and I played through the campaign, we had two autos. Then later added 2 more. The more auto you have, the more area can open up, giving you more options.

16 hours ago, Barb Bliss said:

@tgpumpkin, Do you think it would be OK to do Charterstone solo?

As @RomyCat said it would be okay....but honestly to enjoy it I feel like you would want at least 2 people.  What made it for me was 2 things....the discovery of new stuff and the people.  Player interaction isn’t huge....but it’s fun how certain things happen to people based on how they perform and collectively building your Charterstone together.  Decisions others make definitely have an impact on your strategy .  So ultimately my vote is no,

2 hours ago, RomyCat said:

Great pictures. I ordered Goblivion but its not in yet. Hopefully soon.

Only a few delay about parcel leaving Canada, rather than the 4 weeks in the other way for me... but everything shoud be alright in a month.

And Goblivion has two cards deck, one in english and one in french, you could play some game  à la française. :) 

Edited by Serge Darveau

I just got Goblivion today. Was very surprised with two decks in different languages.  I guess it saved on printing cost doing that way.

Saturday D6 came in, finally. It was only a year late.

Zenith and I twice played Dinosaur Island on Sunday. We really enjoyed it, though it took an hour to layout and prepare the first game. Then 30 minutes just to finish round 1. We had to go back and reread a good bit of the rule book. But once we got everything figured out the game speed up. The second time we played, the whole game barely took and hours. I really to play it again, it was so much fun.

3 hours ago, RomyCat said:

I just got Goblivion today. Was very surprised with two decks in different languages.  I guess it saved on printing cost doing that way.

Saturday D6 came in, finally. It was only a year late.

Zenith and I twice played Dinosaur Island on Sunday. We really enjoyed it, though it took an hour to layout and prepare the first game. Then 30 minutes just to finish round 1. We had to go back and reread a good bit of the rule book. But once we got everything figured out the game speed up. The second time we played, the whole game barely took and hours. I really to play it again, it was so much fun.

Monster Slaughter was that way too.  Took twice as long to set it up than play it.  I've since gone the snack bag route to aid in the setup.  One bag per guest and its pieces.  One bag for the starting 5 players and their tracking pieces.  And a few other bags for cards, brains/meat/bone tokens, and scenario tokens.

For my birthday, I gave myself Paperback and Sonar. @Zenithsplendor and I played both today--and she won both. Doesn't she know that the birthday girl suppose to win? 😳

Edited by RomyCat

2 hours ago, Serge Darveau said:

Boxing day, so a new game. :) 

49072836_2008840822505232_5275705322646798336_n.jpg.5dfc5f009b3c6dfe4ffa4e8d906a362e.jpga1.jpg.115baaefae1f6baeb056ab3a0edad4fd.jpga2.jpg.0dd834c16c134cb6f040ef0a61abb11c.jpga5.thumb.jpg.d3b679c2f8539ad9224ebef66dc7e97e.jpg

Those minis remind me of the "Big Boy" statues.

image.png.0cfdb2ee4ac7cc044de0ceafe781ad16.png

Edited by Barb Bliss

I played Blood Rage on Saturday.  What a train wreck.  In the first age, I got completely wiped out, so I decided to go with the Loki strategy (get wiped out on purpose, but get cards that give me bonuses for getting wiped out) in age 2.  Those bums wouldn't hurt me.  Maybe they felt bad about age 1.   I managed to rally in age 3 to tie for last with Roland.  The biggest bummer was realizing I wasted time sleeving cards in alternate languages.  smh.

4 minutes ago, Barb Bliss said:

I played Blood Rage on Saturday.  What a train wreck.  In the first age, I got completely wiped out, so I decided to go with the Loki strategy (get wiped out on purpose, but get cards that give me bonuses for getting wiped out) in age 2.  Those bums wouldn't hurt me.  Maybe they felt bad about age 1.   I managed to rally in age 3 to tie for last with Roland.  The biggest bummer was realizing I wasted time sleeving cards in alternate languages.  smh.

That's a great game. I lost terribly my first game as well.

We played DnD for the live stream on Saturday then I made a character for the L5R RPG while @Lindsey painted minis on Sunday. It was a good day!

Just now, Konas said:

That's a great game. I lost terribly my first game as well.

We played DnD for the live stream on Saturday then I made a character for the L5R RPG while @Lindsey painted minis on Sunday. It was a good day!

Anything on youtube yet?

1 minute ago, Barb Bliss said:

Anything on youtube yet?

Yes, the first episode is there. The second will be this week. We had some tech problems but have ironed them out by the third session. We are having a great time.

Played Lorenzo Il Magnifico...such a great, tight worker placement game.  We played with the expansion that gives you special played powers and a new board area to acquire cards.  It's by the same designers of Grand Austria Hotel and Voyages of Marco Polo.  It has some really cool mechanics and you can be very tactical and very strategic too.  I think it's my favorite of the 3 games I mentioned.  Definitely recommend you guys picking up a copy if you like euro/worker placements that are tight...where every move is agonizing and there is the potential for some blockage plays.

I got that game too, but haven't cracked it open yet.  Did the mat come with it?  It's cool looking.