Zoxe

What's on your Table?

5 minutes ago, RomyCat said:

I've played Rise of Tribes 7 times so far and love. Wish I had the rolling tray but money too tight for it.  The game should be hitting retail soon, @Adam, at least I hope so.

Cool but I'm still waiting for notice delivery, may be next week

On 7/15/2018 at 7:49 PM, Serge Darveau said:

First look of Temporal Odyssey :) 

37232345_1783545911701392_6454454772001931264_n.jpg.5c90297139678896d6c47dc1f148772c.jpg

Not the only one to check it 😼

37289218_1783545698368080_2568328337780899840_n.jpg.aae613d1a242bf189a46e2b077e61876.jpg

@Serge Darveau, I love the cat sneaking into the picture. So funny.   The game looks cool. Very colorful.

12 hours ago, RomyCat said:

@Serge Darveau, I love the cat sneaking into the picture. So funny.   The game looks cool. Very colorful.

So was it a photo bomb or was she reminding you that your time would be better served if you were petting her?

• Haha 2

Tonight tore out some Roll Player.  Still hits the table and has a good deal of strategy without overstaying it’s welcome.  How you liking it @Barb Bliss

Under the heading of "Never say never" I'll share that Magic: the Gathering was on our table last night.  Totally horrible decks that we built out of the minimal cards offered in one of the bundle packs (Core 2019).  But we had fun, and each of us won a game.

On 7/15/2018 at 8:49 PM, Serge Darveau said:

First look of Temporal Odyssey :) 

37232345_1783545911701392_6454454772001931264_n.jpg.5c90297139678896d6c47dc1f148772c.jpg

Not the only one to check it 😼

37289218_1783545698368080_2568328337780899840_n.jpg.aae613d1a242bf189a46e2b077e61876.jpg

I already reacted but I have to reply and say:  That picture made me laugh!  

• Like 1

I played a couple of games of Lucidity, a game of Mysterium, and a game of Macao.  The only way to put it was I had zero luck.  Not good on a night when the games selected have a fair bit of randomness.  First game of Lucidity, I picked 4 dice (put back two).  I drew 3 blue and a red.  I threw away 2 blue.  Rolled a blue eye, which required me to roll another die and place it.  Got another blue die and rolled an eye which made me pick another die.  You guessed it.  Another blue die.  First set of rolls, and I'm already a nightmare.  Didn't even try to press my luck.  The next game we put in the bone hunter dice.  Every red die rolled to a hunt face.  Keith became a nightmare early on and targeted me to roll a die of his choice out of 2 picked form the bag.  2 out of the three dice had to roll were hunt dice, and I was killed.  I did a little better with Macao, but the dice rolls left a lot to be desired.  At least I wasn't the only one thrown under the bus. 

6 minutes ago, Barb Bliss said:

I played a couple of games of Lucidity, a game of Mysterium, and a game of Macao.

I really like Mysterium!

20 hours ago, Adam said:

I really like Mysterium!

I also love Mysterium! Like, a lot. But it definitely depends on who the ghost is. A poor ghost can kind of ruin the game. I'd also like to get the expansions so there are more dream cards. I've played with the same group enough now that if you get a particular dream card, we all associate it with a particular thing right away, because we've used it that way so many times - it feels like cheating.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Zoe said:

I also love Mysterium! Like, a lot. But it definitely depends on who the ghost is. A poor ghost can kind of ruin the game. I'd also like to get the expansions so there are more dream cards. I've played with the same group enough now that if you get a particular dream card, we all associate it with a particular thing right away, because we've used it that way so many times - it feels like cheating.

If you do get any of the expansions, I would recommend the Secrets & Lies first. They introduce the Story cards which replace the object cards. Ever since adding that expansion, I won't use the object cards ever again.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Adam said:

If you do get any of the expansions, I would recommend the Secrets & Lies first. They introduce the Story cards which replace the object cards. Ever since adding that expansion, I won't use the object cards ever again.

Ooh, that sounds interesting. I'll have to check this out. Thanks!

1 minute ago, Adam said:

I just played the base game twice.  Both times one person couldn't get to the top level, so we all lost.  The "visions" were not a lot of help a lot of the time, not that the ghost had much to work with.

Saturday finally got to play Rise of Tribes - liked it, but want to try some of the advance rules.  Had a bit of a runaway leader  - don't know if that's just learning the game or a real problem.

Also got in a game of Altaplano, which I really enjoy.

Sunday - made the first of my day trips to WBC - got second place in the San Juan tournament, and got in a game of Adel Verpflichtet/Hoity Toity/By Hook or By Crook.

My sister and I played Mage Knight. Been a while since we last played it so we had to check the rules every so often. Took almost four hours to play. We did a cooperative scenario where we took down the general and two cities. Was fun.

I recently received, and tried out this weekend, Fate of the Elder Gods. It was a fun time. It was not looking good for me in the beginning to successfully summon my elder god, but some things fell in my favor and I pulled it off. It definitely seems it will have a much different feel in multi player. I think I will bring it to my game night one of these weeks, I'd like to get more familiar with it as multi player so I can better teach it first.

I went to my game group meet up last night and I got to play The Godfather: Corleone's Empire. It was a pretty cool game. We had 4 players and 3 of us had never played before, but it was easy to learn and went really smooth. Full disclosure, the guy who had played it before and taught us whooped us something awful, haha.

I played two games of Grimm Forest, and Scythe (for the first time).  I spent half of the game trying to figure out what I should have done way earlier.

Played Mint Works and Mint Delivery. Both are cute games which fit in tiny tins. A lot of game inside those tins. Mint Delivery was my favorite. Takes some strategy to try to figure out the best route with the shortest moves to fill the best orders. I guess I didn't figure out things well enough, as my sister @Zenithsplendor won both times we played. I'll get her next time.

• Like 2

I recently got Gaia Project. I got through a game this weekend, but I've got a lot more to learn.

22 hours ago, Barb Bliss said:

I played two games of Grimm Forest, and Scythe (for the first time).  I spent half of the game trying to figure out what I should have done way earlier.

Ooh, just ordered Scythe and the expansions this past weekend. Really excited to try it.

Just now, Zoe said:

Ooh, just ordered Scythe and the expansions this past weekend. Really excited to try it.

Exciting! Took me a few games to get into the rhythm of the game and a feel for how it all works, but once I did I enjoyed it immensely.