Zoxe

What's on your Table?

Gosh, I still haven't ever looked into Gloomhaven, but now I'm really wanting it?

25 minutes ago, Zoe said:

Gosh, I still haven't ever looked into Gloomhaven, but now I'm really wanting it?

Now's a good time to get it with the 3rd print just come out.  It was 'allocated', but stores still seem to have plenty (print run of 40k units).

If you're not ready to jump in and invest in a $140 game - I'd suggest checking it out on Tabletop simulator.

• Like 2

On 6/23/2018 at 11:21 AM, Zenithsplendor said:

@RomyCat and I played a few games of Gloomhaven yesterday and I got to retire a character for the first time in our adventures. It was very exciting to retire her. It not only opened up more road and city cards (so might run into her again) but I also got to open one of the sealed characters. My new character is of course not as strong as my old one (I had done a pretty good job of building her up) but I am up to the challenge of making this one just as strong if not better.

So what did you unlock?

And don't forget that if you've unlocked enhancements, you can sell all your items for money to put enhancements on cards in case you want to play the same class again in the future.

12 minutes ago, Thomas Browne said:

Now's a good time to get it with the 3rd print just come out.  It was 'allocated', but stores still seem to have plenty (print run of 40k units).

If you're not ready to jump in and invest in a $140 game - I'd suggest checking it out on Tabletop simulator.

@Zoe I disagree with @Thomas Browne.  Just buy it now and ask questions later.  These suckers seem to sell so best to get it while it’s in stock before it sells for hundreds on eBay.  

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, tgpumpkin said:

@Zoe I disagree with @Thomas Browne.  Just buy it now and ask questions later.  These suckers seem to sell so best to get it while it’s in stock before it sells for hundreds on eBay.  

See the problem @tgpumpkin is that @Zoe doesn't have a thread for other people to spend her money.  So I can't just say "Zoe, go buy this"

p.s.

1529693381_IMG_9823.JPG

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Thomas Browne said:

See the problem @tgpumpkin is that @Zoe doesn't have a thread for other people to spend her money.  So I can't just say "Zoe, go buy this"

p.s.

1529693381_IMG_9823.JPG

DAAAAMMMNNNN YOU @Thomas Browne  

C784D5CB-EA75-40AD-AF92-DEF49EF779F1.jpeg

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, tgpumpkin said:

DAAAAMMMNNNN YOU @Thomas Browne  

C784D5CB-EA75-40AD-AF92-DEF49EF779F1.jpeg

Hey you're the one who invited everyone to spend your money.  Don't blame us when we do it! :D

I'm a little surprised that tray is still there.  Honestly if I hadn't ended up with both car and medical bills this month - I'd have grabbed it already.

23 minutes ago, Thomas Browne said:

Hey you're the one who invited everyone to spend your money.  Don't blame us when we do it! :D

I'm a little surprised that tray is still there.  Honestly if I hadn't ended up with both car and medical bills this month - I'd have grabbed it already.

The one that really surprises me is the wenge rolling tray.  If I didn't already have the live edge tray and the Cthulhu tray, I'd probably have gotten it by now. 

1 minute ago, Barb Bliss said:

The one that really surprises me is the wenge rolling tray.  If I didn't already have the live edge tray and the Cthulhu tray, I'd probably have gotten it by now. 

Nod.. I thought of that too.. because I do want a piece of Wenge.  But I prefer other sculpts to the tentacles.

But I agree - it's a pretty piece.

Like that spalted boco XL :D

1 hour ago, Thomas Browne said:

So what did you unlock?

And don't forget that if you've unlocked enhancements, you can sell all your items for money to put enhancements on cards in case you want to play the same class again in the future.

I don't want to give any spoilers away, so I will just say it was the box with the music note on it.

4 minutes ago, Zenithsplendor said:

I don't want to give any spoilers away, so I will just say it was the box with the music note on it.

Understood - that's sufficient.  I'm currently running Music Note in one of my campaigns - I absolutely love her in 4P.  Probably need to take a very different build for 2P than I have going (full support in my case).

1 minute ago, Thomas Browne said:

Understood - that's sufficient.  I'm currently running Music Note in one of my campaigns - I absolutely love her in 4P.  Probably need to take a very different build for 2P than I have going (full support in my case).

I didn't choose her because I didn't think she would work well with 2P though I really liked her. I instead chose to go with the gear box, in part because of his relation with the music box.

2 minutes ago, Zenithsplendor said:

I didn't choose her because I didn't think she would work well with 2P though I really liked her. I instead chose to go with the gear box, in part because of his relation with the music box.

She can - but you have to play her very differently.

Tinkerer and Spellweaver.. kind of a squishy group, although good damage and healing too.

Good luck - as I've said - I'm absolutely addicted to the game at the moment.  (Playing Music Note in one campaign (after retiring Cragheart), and just started Cthulhu in another (after retiring Tinkerer))

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thomas Browne said:

Nod.. I thought of that too.. because I do want a piece of Wenge.  But I prefer other sculpts to the tentacles.

But I agree - it's a pretty piece.

Like that spalted boco XL :D

I'd be there with you on the Wenge too if the sculpt was different.  :)

Wow, two campaigns at the same time. How's that going? Me and @RomyCat have been playing a lot too. In a little over a week we played 16 scenarios. Though a couple of them was redoing the same ones over again.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Zenithsplendor said:

Wow, two campaigns at the same time. How's that going? Me and @RomyCat have been playing a lot too. In a little over a week we played 16 scenarios. Though a couple of them was redoing the same ones over again.

Just busy.  It's easy because one is with my copy of the game - while the other is a friend's copy (I joined his campaign later).  So it's just doing a bit of "Oh I know this event, I'll let the other people in the group decide" sometimes.  Otherwise, no real issues.  They've been going down very different paths/choices, so while a lot of scenarios overlap, we've had a lot of places where the 'lock outs' have been complimentary (what is locked in one, is the path we've taken in the other).

Only issue with the second campaign is that they are trying to be evil and they keep gaining reputation. :D  It's definitely annoying one of the players. :D 

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, tgpumpkin said:

I'd be there with you on the Wenge too if the sculpt was different.  :)

Yeah - cogs and vines are my favorite sculpts for the trays.  Which is why that BoRo would be gone if I could afford it.

14 minutes ago, Thomas Browne said:

Just busy.  It's easy because one is with my copy of the game - while the other is a friend's copy (I joined his campaign later).  So it's just doing a bit of "Oh I know this event, I'll let the other people in the group decide" sometimes.  Otherwise, no real issues.  They've been going down very different paths/choices, so while a lot of scenarios overlap, we've had a lot of places where the 'lock outs' have been complimentary (what is locked in one, is the path we've taken in the other).

Only issue with the second campaign is that they are trying to be evil and they keep gaining reputation. :D  It's definitely annoying one of the players. :D 

Sounds like you are having a blast, like us. I am playing a spellweaver. As her life goal is no where near completed, she is on level 6. I'm sure by the time she reaches level 9, Zenith will have already retired another character. I have considered just putting her to the side for a bit until we unlock more side quest (her life goal is to complete six of them but we have only unlocked  two of them so far).  Then I could try out another character.

But, I must admit I like her so much, it would be difficult to let her go. With the right combo of cards, I can get in several one-hit kills in a scenario. Very helpful. And she is just so much fun to play with.

2 minutes ago, RomyCat said:

Sounds like you are having a blast, like us. I am playing a spellweaver. As her life goal is no where near completed, she is on level 6. I'm sure by the time she reaches level 9, Zenith will have already retired another character. I have considered just putting her to the side for a bit until we unlock more side quest (her life goal is to complete six of them but we have only unlocked  two of them so far).  Then I could try out another character.

But, I must admit I like her so much, it would be difficult to let her go. With the right combo of cards, I can get in several one-hit kills in a scenario. Very helpful. And she is just so much fun to play with.

Yeah - some of the quests are harder than others.  I think both campaigns are at about 20-25 scenarios in (not counting replaying failed ones) - and I don't know that we've got more than 5 side scenarios unlocked - and one of those was from another character's life goal. :)

And I definitely get the idea of both wanting to put aside character, and yet enjoying a character enough to stay with it.  That's kind of how I was with Cragheart.  I was having so much fun.. but I also so wanted to try Music Note.  Of course I had no control over Crag retiring -- his was "watch two other people retire".  Well.. that was just going to happen :D

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Lindsey and I had a full on Pathfinder weekend, which is funny because I almost packed away all the books a few weeks ago. I broke out all the old Adventure Paths and decided to run Skull and Shackles as a solo campaign for Lindsey. We had our first session yesterday afternoon. It was very cool. It is a pirate themed campaign that begins with the PCs getting bobbed on the head and whisked away by an evil pirate captain. They wake up miles away from the home they had and are at sea under the command of the Captain and his diabolical first mate. Had a great first session.

Also played one game of Rhino Hero: Super Battle. I love this little game.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Konas said:

@Lindsey and I had a full on Pathfinder weekend, which is funny because I almost packed away all the books a few weeks ago. I broke out all the old Adventure Paths and decided to run Skull and Shackles as a solo campaign for Lindsey. We had our first session yesterday afternoon. It was very cool. It is a pirate themed campaign that begins with the PCs getting bobbed on the head and whisked away by an evil pirate captain. They wake up miles away from the home they had and are at sea under the command of the Captain and his diabolical first mate. Had a great first session.

Also played one game of Rhino Hero: Super Battle. I love this little game.

Sounds like fun.  I played a game of Fallen Angel on Saturday night.  I need to play that game more often.  It took a little while to remember the rules.  It's one of those games that provides a lot of decisions and possible strategies, but the rule book was written in Singapore.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Barb Bliss said:

Sounds like fun.  I played a game of Fallen Angel on Saturday night.  I need to play that game more often.  It took a little while to remember the rules.  It's one of those games that provides a lot of decisions and possible strategies, but the rule book was written in Singapore.

The worst instructions for anything that I have ever seen are the ones written for our Laser Engraver. The "title" of the instruction book was, "Using Laser for Lasering Instruction". It got worse from there. It took us about 3 days to assemble it.

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Konas said:

The worst instructions for anything that I have ever seen are the ones written for our Laser Engraver. The "title" of the instruction book was, "Using Laser for Lasering Instruction". It got worse from there. It took us about 3 days to assemble it.

What? A IKEA laser kit lol   :):) 

• Like 1

Last night at the game group meetup I go to I got to play Rise of Tribes (sadly no DMG rolling tray though, although I told the owner of the game he should have added it on.) I liked the game a lot, and now I'm wishing that I had backed it on KS. 

I've played Rise of Tribes 7 times so far and love. Wish I had the rolling tray but money too tight for it.  The game should be hitting retail soon, @Adam, at least I hope so.

• Like 1