Zoxe

What's on your Table?

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, TheAuthorOfOZ said:

We are about to start Pandemic Legacy as our next co-op continuity excursion.  Wish us luck!

Pandemic Legacy is really good. I am sure you all will have a lot of fun. 

Yesterday Romy and I played Roll Player for the first time. It's really good with the expansion Monsters and Minions. I don't think it would have been as good without the expansion.

Edited by Zenithsplendor

8 hours ago, Zenithsplendor said:

Pandemic Legacy is really good. I am sure you all will have a lot of fun. 

Yesterday Romy and I played Roll Player for the first time. It's really good with the expansion Monsters and Minions. I don't think it would have been as good without the expansion.

Owned roll player before expansion and I found it a little addictive.  Haven’t gotten to the expansion yet.

7 hours ago, tgpumpkin said:

Owned roll player before expansion and I found it a little addictive.  Haven’t gotten to the expansion yet.

It looks pretty interesting, but like most expansions, it's not the greatest at showing you how to integrate it into the original game.

Cool to hear some of us are getting the same Kickstarter games in. My sister and I played over the weekend Legendary Creatures and Roll Player. Legendary Creatures is a fun game with cool artwork. You are a druid in training, trying to outperform the other druids-in-training to prove you are ready to graduate. As I play a druid in Pathfinder, I ready bonded with the theme.

Roll Player and its expansion are a perfect match. I rated it a 10 on BGG, something I rarely give a game. If I had played the base game without the expansion, I think I would have given it a 8 or 9 because all you do is create a character but then do nothing with it. With the expansion you get to battle a boss so the whole time I am playing, I feel the push to make the best possible character for the looming battle. Great fun.

10 hours ago, RomyCat said:

Cool to hear some of us are getting the same Kickstarter games in. My sister and I played over the weekend Legendary Creatures and Roll Player. Legendary Creatures is a fun game with cool artwork. You are a druid in training, trying to outperform the other druids-in-training to prove you are ready to graduate. As I play a druid in Pathfinder, I ready bonded with the theme.

Roll Player and its expansion are a perfect match. I rated it a 10 on BGG, something I rarely give a game. If I had played the base game without the expansion, I think I would have given it a 8 or 9 because all you do is create a character but then do nothing with it. With the expansion you get to battle a boss so the whole time I am playing, I feel the push to make the best possible character for the looming battle. Great fun.

The expansion is a must.  Though one aspect that they didn't do, but would have been awesome was needing the rest of the party to survive the battle.  Then there is the additional push/pull of having the best character, but also how to beef up the rest of the players while still being the best character.

7th Continent came in. Romy and I got a few hours of play in. It was a lot of fun, but we still have not got rid of the curse. Can't wait to play again.

6 hours ago, Zenithsplendor said:

7th Continent came in. Romy and I got a few hours of play in. It was a lot of fun, but we still have not got rid of the curse. Can't wait to play again.

Wish she don't received her game like this other backer :( 

But he said that the game was alright :) 

Pictures from BGG facebook.

30698546_1841825315882977_8779014767655256064_n.thumb.jpg.cbd5788d2ddccb1b36600b36d8452e6e.jpg30714176_1841825312549644_1341252762519732224_n.thumb.jpg.06ad0a9469084cd6b0f01cacb0b5e587.jpg

• Sad 3

I'm really glad the game was OK. It's way to expensive to be ruined by water.

Romy and I got another 8 or 9 hours in of 7th continent in today, beating the first curse. I love this game.

I’m finally diving into Gloomhaven this afternoon.  I’m very excited to get it going!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Zenithsplendor said:

I'm really glad the game was OK. It's way to expensive to be ruined by water.

Romy and I got another 8 or 9 hours in of 7th continent in today, beating the first curse. I love this game.

The guy said that was OIL :( 

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Serge Darveau said:

The guy said that was OIL :( 

That's better than some of the alternatives.

Played Gaia Project for the second time.   Man that is a great game. Way better than Terra Mystica imo.

Anachrony arrived at my door this morning. Since I will be at the Brewers game tonight, unboxing and setup will have to wait a day or two.

Learning the rules for Dwar7s, nice game with expansions, but like the lord of the ring, don't dig too much the mine, it's not a balrog, a undercat... :) 

31171534_1686632294726088_2558672821802762240_n.thumb.jpg.759a376e9f8bf47a110c648726ba6c3e.jpg31179576_1686632181392766_5910385748216905728_n.thumb.jpg.350eaf6dc67e599cf5123aaaeedb0e58.jpg

23 hours ago, ElysianPeace said:

Just bought this at Tabletop day! It’s lightweight but I couldn’t not. 

image.jpg

It looks fetching.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Barb Bliss said:

It looks fetching.

I thought I deserved a treat. It’s about the same size as a pack of gum. 

Got in a game of terraforming Mars today. My best gaming buddy Brian and I play with two corporations each. We start with 3 in hand, draft starting cards, then choose which two corporations we want to keep. We always add up the total money between the two corporations that we choose and get half of that and also half of any total resources the corporations give you. We love playing this way! We always play with the Venus expansion and a random map. It was a low-scoring game. One of our low scoring games we've ever played despite the board being covered pretty extensively.

• Like 3

Romy and I got in several games today:

Monopoly Gamer

Puerto Rico

Five Tribes

Expediton: The Roleplaying Card Game (Was hard to play this one cause the app. kept closing 😡)

Munchkin: The Nightmare Before Christmas (My daughter joined in for this one)

• Like 1

Played more Gloomhaven this weekend.

Retired my Cragheart and unlocked "Music Note" -- definitely think that one is going to be fun based on the one scenario I've gone through with it.

New Goal - Win four boss scenarios to unlock "Angry Face".  That may take a while :)

Game table: Two LCGs see a lot of time at my table. Game of Thrones and Legend of the 5 Rings. I LOVE these games. Not for the light hearted though. 

Clutter table: Too many primed minis that need to be painted. Especially my Guild Ball Masons team. I just can't let myself play that team until they are painted.

16 hours ago, yatescory said:

Got in a game of terraforming Mars today. My best gaming buddy Brian and I play with two corporations each. We start with 3 in hand, draft starting cards, then choose which two corporations we want to keep. We always add up the total money between the two corporations that we choose and get half of that and also half of any total resources the corporations give you. We love playing this way! We always play with the Venus expansion and a random map. It was a low-scoring game. One of our low scoring games we've ever played despite the board being covered pretty extensively.

I have, alas, not played this. Oh, the shame of admitting it here

3 hours ago, Konas said:

I have, alas, not played this. Oh, the shame of admitting it here

I honestly don't know how some of you(looking at you @tgpumpkin too) haven't played this game.  It is pretty darn easy to grasp and an incredibly fun, engaging experience.  I've played it around 25 times and honestly, every single time the game unfolds differently and new strategies blossom.  Its one of those games that once you play it, it makes you want to reevaluate how you rank/rate your game collection.  Honestly, its one of those games for me that I look at my collection and say, "I don't really need all of these games as long as I have TM."    After about 3 plays, I knew it was easily my #2 game of all time (with potential to number one)...hands down.  I have always been more of a euro gamer but the thing that draws me to RPG style games is the conversations that I can imagine that happen at the table.  With eurogames, that does happen to some extent but not in the same way.  However with Mars, Brian and I are constantly in a dialogue about how the game state shifts in interesting ways.  After the game we will spend 20 minutes or so just discussing how the game evolved and how certain decisions caused shifts in the game that had big time domino effects.  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, yatescory said:

I honestly don't know how some of you(looking at you @tgpumpkin too) haven't played this game.  It is pretty darn easy to grasp and an incredibly fun, engaging experience.  I've played it around 25 times and honestly, every single time the game unfolds differently and new strategies blossom.  Its one of those games that once you play it, it makes you want to reevaluate how you rank/rate your game collection.  Honestly, its one of those games for me that I look at my collection and say, "I don't really need all of these games as long as I have TM."    After about 3 plays, I knew it was easily my #2 game of all time (with potential to number one)...hands down.  I have always been more of a euro gamer but the thing that draws me to RPG style games is the conversations that I can imagine that happen at the table.  With eurogames, that does happen to some extent but not in the same way.  However with Mars, Brian and I are constantly in a dialogue about how the game state shifts in interesting ways.  After the game we will spend 20 minutes or so just discussing how the game evolved and how certain decisions caused shifts in the game that had big time domino effects.  

I bought my copy at grandcon and sadly feel terrible not having played t yet.  I need to find a group that plays and jump in.  I’ve been trying to play the same couple of games last couple of months so I don’t have to keep relearning them.  It will get to the table eventually.