Zoxe

What's on your Table?

46 minutes ago, Barb Bliss said:

I got that game too, but haven't cracked it open yet.  Did the mat come with it?  It's cool looking.

I think that is the one that came with Out of the woods.

• Like 2

I finally got Deja Vu out on the table Sunday.  It was a fun game, but 3 out of 4 times the honeycomb had to get refreshed, it was me giving all the goodies back to Greg and Drew.  smh

• Like 1

Nemesis made its debut tonight.  A little bit of a learning curve, but OMG is this a fun game.  I was all set to win the game, but one last noise check did me in.  An intruder landed in my room and I was unable to get to the escape pod before the jump to hyperspace and I got atomized.  smh.

• Like 2

I was able to get Founders of Gloomhaven (which I got for christmas) on the table this week.

Definitely a deep euro game.. everyone enjoyed it, but it took quite some time between explanation and learning curve.

Been playing Gugong and we REALLY like it but long-term I think it's going to really need an expansion to add more depth to the game.

1 hour ago, yatescory said:

Been playing Gugong and we REALLY like it but long-term I think it's going to really need an expansion to add more depth to the game.

The support person asked me if I still had the 3 games.  I said yes, but I guess I have to wait another 2 weeks for her to get back to me now.

• Sad 2

19 minutes ago, Barb Bliss said:

The support person asked me if I still had the 3 games.  I said yes, but I guess I have to wait another 2 weeks for her to get back to me now.

Ugh!!!  Really!!!???  They should let you have those.

Nemesis!!!  I won on the last round!  (Third time playing the game, and they've all been fun).  I was the only player to survive this time.  Ha!  You can see on the lower left corner of the board track that it's sitting on the last space before the ship jumps to hyperspace.  Drew (scientist) was the first to bite the dust when an event card killed anyone infected with a larva.  Tracy (soldier) died from 3 serious wounds.  Greg (scout) lasted longer, but also succumbed to 3 serious wounds.  The last 5 rounds I played by myself!  I almost didn't make it into hibernation because of a stupid fire.  I had to spend 3 rounds getting to the fire suppression room, repair the malfunction, put out the fire, and get back to the hibernatorium.  Then a creeper dropped onto me with 2 rounds left.  Greg wins if I die.  I win if I hibernate and I won the bet that one of the two unknown  engine statuses was operational.  But I couldn't hibernate until the creeper was killed or retreated.  Almost killed him in the first round.  He retreated in the second round, and I was able to hibernate on my very last action before the ship jumped to hyperspace.

Ironically I was the only one to survive last night (different group).  I hibernated with 7 rounds to go, and sat back hoping none of them wanted to blow up the ship, and watched the other four people get wiped out one by one.  😛

p.s. BoRo and Chechen CoCo...

image.thumb.png.824a678b901c2614fe970dfa03cfab99.png

• Like 1

Every game of Nemesis has been completely different for me.  Saturday night was crazy.  Jaemus (soldier) and I (scout) were playing with 3 newbees: John (captain), Keith (mechanic), and Roger (scientist).  I was on my own a lot, and had killed my only intruder without being attacked.  Keith was pretty injured, so I fixed the malfunctioning emergency room.  He used the technical corridors to get into the emergency room, and started healing some serious wounds.  I head to the "sleeping lounge", but I stopped after one room move to allow Keith to follow me without a noise check as that would for sure spawn an intruder.  He then follows and sets my room on fire with pyrotechnics, and leaves me behind.  That's what I get for helping out. SMH  Then John throws a Molotov Cocktail into the room Roger was in, killing him.  Roger takes over the intruders (being the first death).  John and I end up together in the "sleeping lounge", and he then orders me into a room with an adult intruder.  That's one sick captain.  What a dink.   Ironically, Roger is out for revenge and John was job one, and John ends up being the 2nd death.  Ha!  Karma does exist!  I evade the adult, and go back to the "sleeping lounge" and hibernate.  Keith runs into invader issues himself when Roger turns his attention to him after John bites the dust.  Jaemus realizes he's not going to achieve his objective (thus losing), and doesn't want me to be the only winner, so he heads to the engines and breaks the engines, and we all die in a fiery ball.  Another Dink!  That's the sci fi equivalent to I'm not going to be on the winning team so I'm taking my ball and going home.  Unfortunately no one can hear you scream in space...

Ironically, this was by far the most fun playing of the game.  Everyone was cheering for people to die.  Doug even left Terra Forming Mars, and encourages John to go all sociopath on us.  When Roger forced John to do a noise check, and John ended up pulling the queen, a roar went up to the point everyone left the TFM table and came over to watch the bloody finish.  John was the one laughing the hardest when he pulled the queen out of the bag.

• Like 1

Played Feast for Odin with the new Norwegians expansion.

If you've played and liked the base game - I DEFINITELY suggest picking up this expansion!  With out group, it made the game much more competitive (8 points between 1st and 4th) when usually there'd be a 20 or 30 point difference.

• Like 2