Zoxe

What's on your Table?

Game table:  Kingdom Death: Monster, awaiting the resumption of our campaign.

For bonus points:  Dropfleet Commander is on my hobby table; I really should crack open the Battlefleet Box expansion pack I bought and poke around.  But I'm scared at how many sprues it'll contain. :)

Game table: In a state far ish away Charterstone waiting for me to start it

Additional clutter: escape the dark castle and the shipwreck arcana left from the last game night

Just bought a copy of Clash of Cultures on the cheap cheap...anyone played it?  Thoughts?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Barb Bliss said:

I've Got Crabs!

Sounds like a personal problem.

Have you been to your physician?

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, yatescory said:

Just bought a copy of Clash of Cultures on the cheap cheap...anyone played it?  Thoughts?

I love the game.  Its fantastic, but the first few times you play, it'll take awhile.

If you can track down the expansion that adds specific civilizations into it, it elevates the game even higher!

Tonight Terraforming Mars and Clank! In! Space! will definitely be hitting the table.  Maybe Dungeon Lords if we have time.

Languishing forlorn on the shelf are my Gloomhaven and Rising Sun.  So excited to get both going; work stuff has kept me from diving in.  April, my preciouses, just wait a little longer and the fun will be unleashed!

• Like 1

So last night finally got to try out Ex Libris.  It was really fun!  You are competing to build the best library in a fantasy setting.  It combines worker placement and tableau building.  Some of the locations change each round so it always feels fresh.  Your libraries have to be in alphabetic order, and the titles of the books are hilarious.

Each player gets a unique assistant with special abilities that are very thematic.  I had Sasquatch, who couldn’t be placed at a location if someone else was already there.  If he was out and an opponent placed on his spot, he could run away and I could use him again that round.  Each special assistant has a unique meeple. 

We played with three and I would say it feels like it would play best with three or four.  There are are rules for solo play but I haven’t given those a shake down yet. 

• Like 1

Some Game of Thrones LCG and hopefully a session of D&D. Maybe some Viticulture if I'm really lucky.

• Like 1

I'm hoping for some more Lisboa tomorrow.  Doug and Roland haven't responded to Jaemus' game day invite.  If no Roland, I'll bring Grimm Forest.  Roland is the last person you want to play a cutthroat game with!  Note: a couple of weeks ago, Drew was being a real jerk game wise.  I was think bad thoughts, when he said "I get why Roland is the way he is.  Being an ass is a lot of fun."  Changed the mood completely as we all started laughing.

Playing Pathfinder with my gaming group later today.

Recetly bought Concordia and hope to play it soon with my sister. It will be her first time and my second time. I had the opportunity to try it out at a Gaming Meetup and enjoyed it. That is one thing I love about Gaming Meetups is I can play games before I buy them to know if I like them enough to spend the money.

2 hours ago, RomyCat said:

Playing Pathfinder with my gaming group later today.

Recetly bought Concordia and hope to play it soon with my sister. It will be her first time and my second time. I had the opportunity to try it out at a Gaming Meetup and enjoyed it. That is one thing I love about Gaming Meetups is I can play games before I buy them to know if I like them enough to spend the money.

I  have Concordia.  I like it.  It doesn't get the amount of play time it deserves with all my other games.

I got an awesome game of D&D 5E this weekend! First campaign under 5E. I maybe convinced my DM (a long-time DM of mine who I love dearly) to let me make a homebrew amalgamation of warlock from D&D and witch from Pathfinder.

I have prehensile hair and it's the greatest.

I also have a dog familiar and no one can stop me.

• Like 1

I ended up playing Game of Thrones LCG the entire weekend. I think I logged in almost 9 hours of duels on Sunday....I think I have a problem. 

3 minutes ago, tgpumpkin said:

Played Roll Player and Too Many Bones this weekend.  

I pledged roll player.  How do you like it?

1 minute ago, Barb Bliss said:

I pledged roll player.  How do you like it?

I think it's a lot of fun.  Even though it's a lot of chucking dice it has a lot of strategy involved as you can manipulate the results of the dice combined with getting cards (weapons, armor, skills, and traits) that can allow you multiple paths to victory and give you many strategies to consider.  I enjoy that you have a lot of different characters, background stories, classes, and alignments that keep it fresh so that you're not always playing as the same thing every time.  I feel it has a great deal of variety.  I enjoy it.

With the expansion on the boats as we speak I imagine that will add considerable more depth to a game that already has a good amount of it.  :) Let me know if you have any specific questions about it.  I've played quite a few games of it since I got it last October :) 

• Like 1

On 3/9/2018 at 3:35 PM, Lindsey said:

Some Game of Thrones LCG and hopefully a session of D&D. Maybe some Viticulture if I'm really lucky.

Viticulture is probably my number 1 game.  Top 3 at least.

Do you play with the Tuscany board, or do you, like a young padawan, need to learn?

6 hours ago, tgpumpkin said:

I think it's a lot of fun.  Even though it's a lot of chucking dice it has a lot of strategy involved as you can manipulate the results of the dice combined with getting cards (weapons, armor, skills, and traits) that can allow you multiple paths to victory and give you many strategies to consider.  I enjoy that you have a lot of different characters, background stories, classes, and alignments that keep it fresh so that you're not always playing as the same thing every time.  I feel it has a great deal of variety.  I enjoy it.

With the expansion on the boats as we speak I imagine that will add considerable more depth to a game that already has a good amount of it.  :) Let me know if you have any specific questions about it.  I've played quite a few games of it since I got it last October :) 

I backed Roll Player and its expansion. Still waiting for both to arrive. I think we will like it a lot, from what I have read.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Doc Rissel said:

Do you play with the Tuscany board, or do you, like a young padawan, need to learn?

I REALLY want to try that game.  I love Scythe but viticulture has been one I’ve been wanting to buy for some time.  

18 hours ago, Doc Rissel said:

No I only just got Tuscany so I haven't had a chance to try it out yet. Is it really that good!?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, RomyCat said:

I love Viticulture. Its one of my sister and I favorite games.

I once declared that I didn't like Euro games but then we played Alien Frontier and Viticulture next and I had to immediately declare that I was an idiot. 

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

18 minutes ago, Lindsey said:

I once declared that I didn't like Euro games but then we played Alien Frontier and Viticulture next and I had to immediately declare that I was an idiot. 

I'm almost the opposite - it was Euro games that got me into board games. I found other board games fun, but not the way I find Euro games fun. The majority of what we play at my house are definitely Euros...

It's a crime that I don't own Viticulture, though. Especially when it's the one I can actually beat my boyfriend, the King of Agricola, at!!

• Haha 2