How's the weather in your neck of the woods?

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

72°F, sunny and strong winds, nice set up for the mother's day, butnot in my small town...   Pictures from my house.   Closer one...   In from of my sister's house

Snow storm, so I'm on the roof

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

"Hey Zoxe, how's the weather?"
"Bugs, lots of bugs...."
"That's ... not weather??"
"Obviously you've never been to Indiana in July."

We've had a fairly mild and dry June. Almost "normal" compared to the weather I remember as a kid (recent years have ... not been normal.).  So, no complaints.

But in the past 2 weeks, the deer flies have come up.  A truly brutal crop of them this year.  Having them is nothing new for us, but when they're this thick there's enough "pressure" that they'll continue to try to get to you through a thick cloud of bug spray, looking for gaps in coverage.  The past few trips outside, they've gone for my nose, mouth, and eyes since I don't spray those.

If they get you, they leave a welt the size of a quarter.

5 hours ago, Zoxe said:

"Hey Zoxe, how's the weather?"
"Bugs, lots of bugs...."
"That's ... not weather??"
"Obviously you've never been to Indiana in July."

We've had a fairly mild and dry June. Almost "normal" compared to the weather I remember as a kid (recent years have ... not been normal.).  So, no complaints.

But in the past 2 weeks, the deer flies have come up.  A truly brutal crop of them this year.  Having them is nothing new for us, but when they're this thick there's enough "pressure" that they'll continue to try to get to you through a thick cloud of bug spray, looking for gaps in coverage.  The past few trips outside, they've gone for my nose, mouth, and eyes since I don't spray those.

If they get you, they leave a welt the size of a quarter.

Ugh.  Gnats are out here, but nothing on an apocalyptic level.  Hotter than crazy for here.  Noon and it's mid 90s.

It continues to be hot here though rain this morning has jacked the humidity and dewpoint up too.  Standing water in the raingarden lets me know there was more rain that I thought.  Should be ~ 90 degrees all week with some rain thrown in.  Oof da.  At least I won't have to water anything, though weed ought to spring up too.

image.thumb.png.5bcf4a7efbb3c48c9fdcd42b16f1bbf4.png

7 am and it already is dreadful out (I woke up to steamed up windows).  I suppose today will make the high 80s the rest of the week seem not so bad.  What a year.  Everytime something I enjoy looking at starts to bloom, it gets really hot.  Already trashed the iris and coral bells.  Now it's the day lilly's turn.

image.thumb.png.4964ec8b18c9c9eb154e537d1eaf2f48.png

• 1 month later...

So far a beautiful day here. A bit warm for my tastes at nearly 80 degrees, but it could be worse. We're supposed to have cooler weather coming up which I'm delighted about. 

19 hours ago, Anne said:

So far a beautiful day here. A bit warm for my tastes at nearly 80 degrees, but it could be worse. We're supposed to have cooler weather coming up which I'm delighted about. 

It's been awesome fallish weather this last week.  It would have been perfect for the State Fair that got cancelled.

I'm having my doubts we will hit 100 degrees today. There is a trick one of the long time forecasters uses which is you add 10 degrees to your 11 am current temp (assuming normal summer weather for our area, no clouds etc) and that will be approximately your daytime high.  We are sitting at 81 right now, so that is 91. We also have some high clouds and smoke so that should keep temperatures slightly lower than it would if we got full sun.  I'm fine if we don't hit 100, but will definitely see.