Jump to content

How's the weather in your neck of the woods?


Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, Serge Darveau said:

If he can't use his snowmobile in the street, I won't take my car today. 

(P.S. there's a ditch there lol)

80586543_letitsnow.thumb.jpg.5317a7052a2e4823eaba7a88dafbaf64.jpg

Bleah.  😧  We're due for some wet, freezing rain, snow crap tonight/tomorrow morning.  2.5-4.5" due.  Then the temps plummet to single digits for highs and minus temps for lows.  The last time this happened, the car didn't appreciate the washboarding/ruts left behind on the roads.  Sadly, tomorrow is when a bunch of Black Friday stuff is scheduled to be delivered.  I don't want to shovel early and leave it icy, but don't want them to have to trudge through the snow either.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

72°F, sunny and strong winds, nice set up for the mother's day, butnot in my small town...   Pictures from my house.   Closer one...   In from of my sister's house

Snow storm, so I'm on the roof

Posted Images

8 hours ago, Serge Darveau said:

Living in a small town, everything stay at the post office. So I can't lost parcel in the snow. :) 

Well, that's something.  The snow is really coming down now.  2-4 before noon.  Then temps drop down to -4 tonight, and -12 tomorrow night.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well the accumulating snow is done now.  At 11 am it was 24 degrees out.  I went out at 11:30 to blow snow.  The wind was howling and it was not a fun experience.  When I got done, I decided to take a shower.  It felt like my feet were being showered with cold water.  I came down to the computer after getting dressed, and I'm still chilly.  smh  I looked at the weather page and the temp is 16.  So the temp dropped 8 degrees in about 80 minutes.  It was right on the edge of that 2" mark, so I decided to just take care of it for the delivery guys.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yuck, all you people with snow...  I am not looking forward to when we get some (or at least more than the dusting we had a week or so ago).  Currently in that dreary low cloud/fog depending on the time of day here. The rain this weekend didn't allow us to see any sun, but just entrenched the low clouds more.  We are significantly warmer than you all at around mid 20s to mid 30s, but its still cold and wet and the joints don't like it ; ).

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, WxCougar said:

Yuck, all you people with snow...  I am not looking forward to when we get some (or at least more than the dusting we had a week or so ago).  Currently in that dreary low cloud/fog depending on the time of day here. The rain this weekend didn't allow us to see any sun, but just entrenched the low clouds more.  We are significantly warmer than you all at around mid 20s to mid 30s, but its still cold and wet and the joints don't like it ; ).

Down to 13, on the way to -5 tonight.  I just can't get warm after being outside over lunch.  I hope I'm not getting sick.

Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Barb Bliss said:

Down to 13, on the way to -5 tonight.  I just can't get warm after being outside over lunch.  I hope I'm not getting sick.

High of 56 for us today. Front pushed through and it's crashing 30+ degrees to 21 tonight for the low.  I expect to have the death plague sinus infection by this time tomorrow.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Zoxe said:

High of 56 for us today. Front pushed through and it's crashing 30+ degrees to 21 tonight for the low.  I expect to have the death plague sinus infection by this time tomorrow.

Let's hope not.  I've started with the Zicam already.    That stuff rocks.

Link to post
Share on other sites

We actually received a thin layer of Freezing Rain last night. Apparently folks learned their lesson and so far no major road closures/accidents. We are supposed to warm up from the 20s up to the 50s by Friday when the Warm front continues through the area. I'm hoping that's true - forecasts are hard in this area because we have the Basin area where cold air gets trapped (hence the reason for lots of freezing rain in our area) and is hard to "scoop" out when the warm air comes in with a system.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

First real snow of the season happening now. We got a skiff earlier back in December. But winter seems to be waiting til the new year the last few years. Currently snowing big flakes and sideways because the wind is blowing.

Speaking of wind, its been pretty windy here and the annual tumbleweed migration has begun.  Picture of a nearby town.

c19ab006-8080-403b-b785-596496a6dd2f-large16x9_wallawallatumbleweeds.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, WxCougar said:

First real snow of the season happening now. We got a skiff earlier back in December. But winter seems to be waiting til the new year the last few years. Currently snowing big flakes and sideways because the wind is blowing.

Speaking of wind, its been pretty windy here and the annual tumbleweed migration has begun.  Picture of a nearby town.

c19ab006-8080-403b-b785-596496a6dd2f-large16x9_wallawallatumbleweeds.jpg

Now I know where the Wall-a Wall-a moniker comes from...cause its a WALL!

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, WxCougar said:

First real snow of the season happening now. We got a skiff earlier back in December. But winter seems to be waiting til the new year the last few years. Currently snowing big flakes and sideways because the wind is blowing.

Speaking of wind, its been pretty windy here and the annual tumbleweed migration has begun.  Picture of a nearby town.

c19ab006-8080-403b-b785-596496a6dd2f-large16x9_wallawallatumbleweeds.jpg

Holy cannoli that's a LOT of tumbleweeds! 

Link to post
Share on other sites

We went from mid 30s to to around 60 degrees last weekend and then dropped back to the 30s.  I had a splitting sinus headache all day Saturday - I can't think of a time where I had a more debilitating weather change.  I don't get migraines but that headache laid me out flat.

Today it was in the 20s all day with wind chill below zero.  Yes, winter is back.

As I type, I'm hearing ice pelt the skylights in our greatroom.  Winter weather advisory and just over an inch of ice expected. Hopefully we keep our power lines up.

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Zoxe said:

We went from mid 30s to to around 60 degrees last weekend and then dropped back to the 30s.  I had a splitting sinus headache all day Saturday - I can't think of a time where I had a more debilitating weather change.  I don't get migraines but that headache laid me out flat.

Today it was in the 20s all day with wind chill below zero.  Yes, winter is back.

As I type, I'm hearing ice pelt the skylights in our greatroom.  Winter weather advisory and just over an inch of ice expected. Hopefully we keep our power lines up.

I hope you feel better soon.  My lower back is thinking about, maybe, just maybe, getting a little better.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Barb Bliss said:

I hope you feel better soon.  My lower back is thinking about, maybe, just maybe, getting a little better.

I'm great today.  Now Mrs. Zoxe is getting it. :)

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...