Barb Bliss

How's the weather in your neck of the woods?

5 minutes ago, Konas said:

Wow. High of 71 going down to a high of 37. And I know this is coming our way.

When I took Friday off, I wasn't expecting that.

It's finally cooling down in Cincinnati! It was perfect for the Renaissance Festival on Saturday, and I've been able to take Zoe (our chiweenie) out for walks in the park again.

17 minutes ago, turbodonk3y said:

It's finally cooling down in Cincinnati! It was perfect for the Renaissance Festival on Saturday, and I've been able to take Zoe (our chiweenie) out for walks in the park again.

I cut back 2 30 gallon barrels of yard waste yesterday.  There were still some hardy gnats and mosquitoes buzzing around my face.  I really had hoped they would have been dead by now.

It's beautiful here in Southeastern Wisconsin. Humidity is FINALLY gone!

2 minutes ago, Adam said:

It's beautiful here in Southeastern Wisconsin. Humidity is FINALLY gone!

Yeah.  I don't miss that at all.

1 hour ago, Barb Bliss said:

I cut back 2 30 gallon barrels of yard waste yesterday.  There were still some hardy gnats and mosquitoes buzzing around my face.  I really had hoped they would have been dead by now.

That sounds like an awful way to spend a Monday! Although, I expect if we get a burst of warmth soon I'll have to mow the lawn one more time this year.

I'm hoping we are done mowing for the year, though we tend to do one last mow after the tree drops its leaves (easier than raking!). It's been windy the last two days which means we likely won't be getting the painting fully done on the garage door frames. But at least they are not bare wood....

2 minutes ago, turbodonk3y said:

That sounds like an awful way to spend a Monday! Although, I expect if we get a burst of warmth soon I'll have to mow the lawn one more time this year.

It was pretty nice out, and when you know it will be snowing on Friday, I enjoyed it.  I only have about another 5 barrels to go, pull the pumps, bring in the non-flower eye candy etc.

A nice "warm" morning at 24 degrees F. The cats are already burrowing in blankets, so winter is surely coming.

20190921_154528.jpg

It was a nice 2c when I took the kids out for the bus... Yesterday was 18... Wish it would decide if it's fall/winter or summer already. 

5 hours ago, WxCougar said:

A nice "warm" morning at 24 degrees F. The cats are already burrowing in blankets, so winter is surely coming.

20190921_154528.jpg

Oh!!!! What cutie patooties!!!!!! Such precious sweet angels!!!!!!!! Please give them some pets for me :) 

No snow here yet but it was rainy yesterday but Friday and today are nice. out in woods having fun. Saw a black bear cub, two white tails and a little moose while out on the trails.

Also got my brother to shoot his first gun.

20191011_093459.jpg

20191011_115624.jpg

20191011_210048.jpg

20191012_182419.jpg

I just went to the grocery store.  I decided since I have tomorrow off (weird bank holiday), today would be set aside for making chili, spaghetti sauce, pizza sauce, and if I'm still game later some apple sauce.  I looked at my garlic, and it was pathetic.  It was about 35 degrees according to my car when I went into the store.  The ground was wet, but that was it.  When I came back out with my garlic, beans, tomatoes, etc it was like a blizzard!

24 minutes ago, Serge Darveau said:

Let it snow, let it snow. ❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️

Noooooo....  Not ready!  : )

On 10/13/2019 at 9:22 AM, Barb Bliss said:

I just went to the grocery store.  I decided since I have tomorrow off (weird bank holiday), today would be set aside for making chili, spaghetti sauce, pizza sauce, and if I'm still game later some apple sauce.  I looked at my garlic, and it was pathetic.  It was about 35 degrees according to my car when I went into the store.  The ground was wet, but that was it.  When I came back out with my garlic, beans, tomatoes, etc it was like a blizzard!

I guess I'm cooking today.  I ended up painting and shampooing the living room rug.  It feels great when I'm done, but the water coming out of the machine leaves me sick feeling.  I like to think it's just dirt from the garden...

I'm personally ready for snow! Send it our way, @Serge Darveau! I've got all of my winter clothes unpacked, and my wintertime playlists ready! 

Today it's a nice 50F , definitely sweater weather :) 

16 hours ago, Adam said:

50s and no humidity. I'm very happy.

The forecast is talking 65 on Friday here.  I know what I'll be doing.  Getting my garage squared away so I can get the patio furniture into the garage, and still have room for my car.  The boys are coming over Sunday, so I can ask them to move it!  

With the heat finally gone, I got the chainsaw out yesterday and continued to carve up the pile of Ash logs destined for the fireplace. Lit a bonfire on an old stump and tried to burn it out. It's a big one, will take a few fires to consume it. 

Ready for some fire pit and hot dog weather.  And chili. 

No leaves to speak of have dropped and only the barest hints of color. I'll likely be mulching leaves into December at this rate unless there's a big turnaround (normally I'm done the weekend before Thanksgiving). Bumper crop of walnuts but they are all half normal size and thin skinned. My grandpa used to say that when the walnut skins were extra thick, a hard winter was to follow.  When we get "easy" winters it results in a lot of ice storms (sleet instead of snow) and generally gray and muddy weather so I'm not enthused. We'll see if Grandpa was right!

6 minutes ago, Zoxe said:

With the heat finally gone, I got the chainsaw out yesterday and continued to carve up the pile of Ash logs destined for the fireplace. Lit a bonfire on an old stump and tried to burn it out. It's a big one, will take a few fires to consume it. 

Ready for some fire pit and hot dog weather.  And chili. 

No leaves to speak of have dropped and only the barest hints of color. I'll likely be mulching leaves into December at this rate unless there's a big turnaround (normally I'm done the weekend before Thanksgiving). Bumper crop of walnuts but they are all half normal size and thin skinned. My grandpa used to say that when the walnut skins were extra thick, a hard winter was to follow.  When we get "easy" winters it results in a lot of ice storms (sleet instead of snow) and generally gray and muddy weather so I'm not enthused. We'll see if Grandpa was right!

Out of reactions!

I made some spaghetti sauce yesterday.  One batch with turkey meat, and the other is for good neighbors made with some ground beef still lurking in my freezer.  I'm thinking about making some chili after work today, though I'll be cooking ribs tonight.  Freezer space is coming at a premium at the moment. 

On 10/16/2019 at 12:17 PM, Zenithsplendor said:

...I really hate the heat.

Amen!

Summer is full of bugs and humidity.  Summer sucks!