Barb Bliss

How's the weather in your neck of the woods?

8 minutes ago, marsniper_27 said:

No I want another couple weeks of this nice weather. this summer was to hot to do anything its finally a reasonable temp here in Atlantic Canada I want to enjoy it a bit more before it snows.

In living northern than you, Abitibi, Québec, under the James Bay with the wind from the north west artic. :) 

11 minutes ago, marsniper_27 said:

No I want another couple weeks of this nice weather. this summer was to hot to do anything its finally a reasonable temp here in Atlantic Canada I want to enjoy it a bit more before it snows.

Seriously. I'm glad the chilly, moderate fall weather is here in Michigan, but that summer SUCKED. Usually I get to hang out on the porch and watch my dogs, have a bonfire or two, but no way. Not this year. Too busy sweating to death.

I should do a bonfire this weekend, though...

3 minutes ago, Zoe said:

Seriously. I'm glad the chilly, moderate fall weather is here in Michigan, but that summer SUCKED. Usually I get to hang out on the porch and watch my dogs, have a bonfire or two, but no way. Not this year. Too busy sweating to death.

I should do a bonfire this weekend, though...

37 degrees this morning...

1 minute ago, Barb Bliss said:

37 degrees this morning...

Yeah, that's a bit much right now, tell your sky to chill out. But not like that.

It was 70sish this morning here, and then it should be in the 50s-60s later. Sun is out, though, it's nice out. It was a little muggy yesterday but still nice.

We were doing mid 30s in the morning and upper 70s during the day. Allergies were going crazy. Cooled down during the day (now in the 60s) so its helped the allergies, but I miss the warmth!

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Zoe said:

Yeah, that's a bit much right now, tell your sky to chill out. But not like that.

It was 70sish this morning here, and then it should be in the 50s-60s later. Sun is out, though, it's nice out. It was a little muggy yesterday but still nice.

Real soupy here yesterday.  Then thunderstorms, then crazy wind, and temperature drops.

Edited by Barb Bliss

4 hours ago, Serge Darveau said:

Let it snow, let it snow...   ❄️❄️❄️ :) 

What!!! Is someone getting snow already?  I really need to move further north. 

Just now, RomyCat said:

What!!! Is someone getting snow already?  I really need to move further north. 

Yes you do.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Serge Darveau said:

Here over 65 mm of rain today :) 

34°F

And here, we got around a half inch of rain and complained it was too much. But for our neck of the woods, that is a lot of rain.  If we had 65 mm we would have about half our annual rainfall : ).

I woke up to a frosting of snow.  Ironically, my box of Breck bulbs was sitting on my front stoop when I got home.  I think I can say with certainty that summer is definitely over.

Today it is at last supposed to only be sunny and in the 70's.  I don't like hot weather and prefer it not be hotter than the 60's, but at the moment i will settle for 70's.

56 minutes ago, Zenithsplendor said:

Today it is at last supposed to only be sunny and in the 70's.  I don't like hot weather and prefer it not be hotter than the 60's, but at the moment i will settle for 70's.

I ready for a deep frost to kill the bugs. So tired of them.  Still hot here, in the 70's as Zenith mentioned. If anyone gets snow, send it down south.

4 minutes ago, RomyCat said:

I ready for a deep frost to kill the bugs. So tired of them.  Still hot here, in the 70's as Zenith mentioned. If anyone gets snow, send it down south.

Minneapolis got snow last night 😡  Not sure on my ability to send it anywhere else.  I would have done so a long time ago.

• Like 2

Its been in the 80s all week here but I believe that is the last of it. Today is a high of 61 degrees. It should go down from there from here on out until March.

1 minute ago, Konas said:

Its been in the 80s all week here but I believe that is the last of it. Today is a high of 61 degrees. It should go down from there from here on out until March.

I was hoping for 3 weeks of Indian Summer.  Alas, it was 3 days long instead.

18 minutes ago, Barb Bliss said:

I was hoping for 3 weeks of Indian Summer.  Alas, it was 3 days long instead.

Here the Indian Summer needs to have at least 3 days in a row with a max of 32°F before a 3 sunny days in a row really  over freezing. Don't have it since two years. :) 

It was a nice 2c when i took the kids out for the bus this morning. still no snow yet hoping to get through Halloween without the kids needing to be in a snowsuit.

2 hours ago, marsniper_27 said:

It was a nice 2c when i took the kids out for the bus this morning. still no snow yet hoping to get through Halloween without the kids needing to be in a snowsuit.

I always have to force back a tear when I see the kids in costume, but can't see the costume because of their winter gear.